Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AspyDad
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    I love it. The guy does more for coverage of college hockey and specifically the ECAC and even more specifically Union College, in this area, yet the hockey "experts" from the CD can do nothing but complain because he doesn't write about ior share the same opinions as some of you. Maybe you should not buy The Gazette or read his blog and instead read the 20 articles a week the local media prints about Siena basketball. We are lucky we have a writer in this area that covers college hockey like Ken does. And for whoever complained that Ken did not cover the RPI/Brown game, do you really think that was his decision? Call or email The Gazette if you think they should have spent the money to cover it. Also as long as I am venting, the Holiday Tournament is in danger and that is not speculation, that is fact. It is losing money, can't find a corporate sponsor and cannot get quality teams to commit. What have you heard about next years opponenets? Nothing yet. Not saying it is a done deal but won't be suprised if its on the way out or moved back to December in 2012-13. By the way, lets have more talk on how exciting this team is going to be when they are healthy, with a pile of home ECAC games after the new year!
    I think it is mine and others right to point out inconsistiencies that we feel are present in Ken's reporting. It is our take and we should not be censured or silenced by people. This board should be about our opinions and you should have every right to voice yours. Ken has defended himself in his blog and on his thursday show that I listen to and will continue to. I do become quite agitated when there is the rush to silence people on this board. One thing that I admire about DrD is he lets us post and is not judgmental. None of us, including me, wish Kenny nothing but the best. I think the give and take with him is healthy and good as long as we are respectful. I think one of the reasons we lose posters is that we are not tolerant about the diversity of their opinions.

Leave a comment:

• johnk
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

3:30 it is. Televised now on NHL Network.

Leave a comment:

• GRussinko
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I am a season ticket holder and the start time on my ticket for Sat. says 7pm. 3:30 right?
    Indeed - switched to fit into the NHL Network schedule.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I am a season ticket holder and the start time on my ticket for Sat. says 7pm. 3:30 right?

Leave a comment:

• johnk
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I hesitate to post this, but it does involve rankings and mentions RPI. Schott's so-called Week 9 ECAC recap blogumn, he states that because Y blanked Union, Y is a shoo in for a FF spot. Have fun with that gem y'all.

Barely mentions RPI having shellaced Brown 6-2 on Saturday.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...010-11-week-9/
    I love it. The guy does more for coverage of college hockey and specifically the ECAC and even more specifically Union College, in this area, yet the hockey "experts" from the CD can do nothing but complain because he doesn't write about ior share the same opinions as some of you. Maybe you should not buy The Gazette or read his blog and instead read the 20 articles a week the local media prints about Siena basketball. We are lucky we have a writer in this area that covers college hockey like Ken does. And for whoever complained that Ken did not cover the RPI/Brown game, do you really think that was his decision? Call or email The Gazette if you think they should have spent the money to cover it. Also as long as I am venting, the Holiday Tournament is in danger and that is not speculation, that is fact. It is losing money, can't find a corporate sponsor and cannot get quality teams to commit. What have you heard about next years opponenets? Nothing yet. Not saying it is a done deal but won't be suprised if its on the way out or moved back to December in 2012-13. By the way, lets have more talk on how exciting this team is going to be when they are healthy, with a pile of home ECAC games after the new year!

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I hesitate to post this, but it does involve rankings and mentions RPI. Schott's so-called Week 9 ECAC recap blogumn, he states that because Y blanked Union, Y is a shoo in for a FF spot. Have fun with that gem y'all.

No comment

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by realet View Post
    Really? I mean, it's as simple as 8.3% vs. 20.8% and determining which one is better to shoot for. OK, to each their own.
    I knew I could count on you.

Leave a comment:

• realet
    replied

Not gonna happen.
    Really? I mean, it's as simple as 8.3% vs. 20.8% and determining which one is better to shoot for. OK, to each their own.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    One step up the very steep ladder is still a step up...to paraphrase FD08, I have faith in Seth Appert...
    Or, to just entirely quote it:

*****http://grossmisconducthockey.com/wp-content/uploads/ibelieveinsethappert.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    FWIW, we moved from 16th to 15th in the USCHO poll.
    One step up the very steep ladder is still a step up...to paraphrase FD08, I have faith in Seth Appert...

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

FWIW, we moved from 16th to 15th in the USCHO poll.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by realet View Post
    ...I'll let you do the rest of the math.
    Not gonna happen. You've already thought about this enough for the entire population of this thread...to your credit.

All I'm thinking about is beating BU.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I suggest we just win out the rest of the games this season and make all of this chatter unnecessary. If we end the season with just 4 losses that would be just fine with me.
    Yes, Doc.

Leave a comment:

• IMO
    replied

Yale gets the number one rating. We were one point from beating Yale with four starters out. I thought Yales power play was strong but five on five we had this team. And with out that 5 on 3 this game easily could have gone either way. I look forward to watching the rematch. I pick RPI to win!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X