Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Part III: Yet More Mindless Bickering That Turns Off Rational People
    OR...Part III: Eternally cynical lurkers unite !

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Part III: Yet More Mindless Bickering That Turns Off Rational People

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

RPI 2010-2011 Part III: Ready or not, ECAC, here comes the 'Tute!

Leave a comment:

• Senna
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I don't need to listen to a lecture about Schott, I've been a fan and supporter for a long time. If it weren't for the fact that Ken calls his column/blog the ECAC Week in Review, I'd have no gripe. But for accuracy sake, he might consider changing the name to the Union Week in Review.

I take no sympathy in the struggling tourney and lack of a tourney title sponsor. We've all sufferred through god awful teams and fields for the better part of twenty years. As a season ticket customer, I've swallowed hard every year. RPI has given lip service to the whole idea of marketing the program for about the last oh I dunno, 20 YEARS or so...Things are now changing under Appert, but you can't raise the Titanic overnight.

Now that the A.D. has someone paying attention to promotion & marketing (what a concept) things might improve. Whether it will be in time to save the tourney is anyone's guess. As for opponents, as has been pointed out by several posters previously, we are not alone in the scheduling plight. Personally, I enjoyed seeing Bowling Green and UConn...I am apparently in the minority. Folks waiting around for Michigan or North Dakota to fall out of the sky and magically appear are in for a long wait.

One extremely basic and simple idea I've offered is to hand out a dozen tourney tickets to every g.d. one of the youth hockey teams within a 50 mile radius -- thereby helping to fill the rink (which looks good in photos when you're pitching sponsors). Yes,you sacrifice the ticket $, but you can recoup some/all of it in popcorn and pizza $$ sales AND you just might start growing a new generation of fans...heaven forbid.
    Best post I have read in a while. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

RPI 2010-2011 Part III: The Other Team, the Refs, that Sportswriters -- Now We're outnumbered 11 to 6
    Part III: We whine and they win!
    Part III: Just don't say anything about the sportswriters
    Part III: Babbling with Babo

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

It's time for thread title ideas again.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    And I'm sure coach Parker has committed that to memory. I would imagine that our defense may be checked more closely than our forwards this week. i do not think they will ignore the Polacek/Helfrich duo either. This is the time for others to participate. 15 games into this season and this team is becoming better all the time.
    Hopefully, while we're commiting stuff from last year to memory, we put some defensemen in on the power play.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Jerry D named to National Jr Prelim Roster. 4 NY kids -- nice.

http://www.usahockey.com/world_junio...aspx?id=295910
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

...It is kind of nice for a change that the opposition may have to think about ways to stop us (instead of vice versa)
    So true Doc...what a pleasant and much deserved change (for the fans)...

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

And I'm sure coach Parker has committed that to memory. I would imagine that our defense may be checked more closely than our forwards this week. i do not think they will ignore the Polacek/Helfrich duo either. This is the time for others to participate. 15 games into this season and this team is becoming better all the time.
    The good news for RPI is that our D is more potent in the offensive end then it was last year. Should be a a dandy. Looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by babo View Post
    My prediction is he will stick with smash mouth...our team seems to feed off the the physical play. When they try to match speed it doesn't ignite them as well...
    What we need is a big defenseman with an attitude-who arrives at the puck in ill humor!! Oh wait..... that is coming next year.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Last year most of our scoring came from the defense (Brutlag hadn't moved up yet, but it was off the faceoff with Beauregard). Brutlag, Jensen, and Burgdörfer had 3 of the 5 goals.

Leave a comment:

• babo
    replied

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    :yawn:

Does RPI come out flying against BU or do they try to match BU's tempo w/ a slow-down defense? How does Seth play it?
    My prediction is he will stick with smash mouth...our team seems to feed off the the physical play. When they try to match speed it doesn't ignite them as well...

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

All true-with concussions to Lee, OGrady, and Malchuk though-we are missing at the very least a big portion of the top 2 lines+. Unless we get a lot of offense from other places(like we did at Brown) we will have to hope that this one is a tight checking, low scoring affair. Our defense (with the remarkable Bailen) has provided the biggest offensive boost but I am sure coach Parker has that penciled in as a top priority to stop. It is kind of nice for a change that the opposition may have to think about ways to stop us (instead of vice versa)
    Last year most of our scoring came from the defense (Brutlag hadn't moved up yet, but it was off the faceoff with Beauregard). Brutlag, Jensen, and Burgdörfer had 3 of the 5 goals.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    You go to war with the army you have, just as we did last weekend. We came out flying Saturday, and I expect we'll do so again, whatever shape the lineup takes. That is the system that Seth has built the team around.
    All true-with concussions to Lee, OGrady, and Malchuk though-we are missing at the very least a big portion of the top 2 lines+. Unless we get a lot of offense from other places(like we did at Brown) we will have to hope that this one is a tight checking, low scoring affair. Our defense (with the remarkable Bailen) has provided the biggest offensive boost but I am sure coach Parker has that penciled in as a top priority to stop. It is kind of nice for a change that the opposition may have to think about ways to stop us (instead of vice versa)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X