Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by mathkicks View Post
    Quick question halfway related to RPI hockey:

Does the result of the Union/AIC game on Friday affect RPI at all in ranking/seeding? I imagine we want Union to beat AIC (which I have to believe will happen anyway) but it would be satisfying to go to Achilles and cheer for AIC.
    As it pertains to the Ratings Percentage Index (really, the only thing we need to worry about with our opponents unless they are playing each other), you almost always want to root for ECAC teams in non-conference play no matter who they're playing. There are a few exceptions but AIC definitely isn't close to being one of them.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      There is more to PWR than just RPI, as you know. It is, however, the most important component.
      RPI, though, is the determination of whether or not we are even considered for PWR points. We do not play AIC this year, so they are not a common opponent. I think we could safely say (safe enough to bet an AIC jersey on) that AIC will not be a TUC. Therefore, RPI, in this case, is the only component.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        RPI, though, is the determination of whether or not we are even considered for PWR points. We do not play AIC this year, so they are not a common opponent. I think we could safely say (safe enough to bet an AIC jersey on) that AIC will not be a TUC. Therefore, RPI, in this case, is the only component.
        I agree with that. The only way an AIC could help is that it would lower UC's RPI which could switch the comparison with them. It would probably hurt more in other areas in almost all situations.

Those AIC jerseys are hard to come by.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
          the puppies will be whipped on saturday!
          haaaaaaa!!!!:d
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

11?
            11 as in 2011. 11 as in "our amplifiers go to 11". Why not make 10 louder? But this one goes to 11!

Your response makes the suggestion an obvious loser but I prefer Spinal Tap to comic book movies.

Comment

I agree with that. The only way an AIC could help is that it would lower UC's RPI which could switch the comparison with them. It would probably hurt more in other areas in almost all situations.

Those AIC jerseys are hard to come by.
              An AIC win would actually make Union the first team out. FWIW, Dartmouth would also be in the tournament as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                11 as in 2011. 11 as in "our amplifiers go to 11". Why not make 10 louder? But this one goes to 11!

Your response makes the suggestion an obvious loser but I prefer Spinal Tap to comic book movies.
                Thanks for the explanation. It think that I was better off before.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  An AIC win would actually make Union the first team out. FWIW, Dartmouth would also be in the tournament as of now.
                  December is not a time to worry about who is in and who is out.
                  Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                    December is not a time to worry about who is in and who is out.
                    Tom, you're letting rational thought into the discussion. Tsk tsk.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. It think that I was better off before.
                      It think you haven't been in tune with popular culture in about 30 years if you didn't get that one.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Does it count as thread killing if it's only one post?
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                        X