Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

    Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    BTW-Kenny only knocked Union down three on his mothership (USCHO) ballot after that a**whooping they took in New Haven
    They were outscored 8-4 against the same two teams we played and outscored 8-6. Doesn't quite make sense but then again none of these poll stuff means a whole lot just yet. It is far too early still. Wake me up with the poll results when we have played about 10 more games. I am just focusing on a very good BU team right now.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 12-06-2010, 07:03 PM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

      And for whoever complained that Ken did not cover the RPI/Brown game, do you really think that was his decision? Call or email The Gazette if you think they should have spent the money to cover it
      Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      NO Comment !
      That was yours truly....the answer to your question is Yes.......HE WAS THERE ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....He instead chose to go on to New Haven to take in Unions 45min. skate on sat.Again I have no problem w/that just trying to offer some perspective.
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

        For you guys upset that Schott didn't mention RPI's win over Brown, it's probably because Ken was busy traveling to Yale for Sunday afternoon's game. Call off the witch hunt guys.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

          :yawn:

          Does RPI come out flying against BU or do they try to match BU's tempo w/ a slow-down defense? How does Seth play it?
          Class of '93

          16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

            Wanted to address the Holiday Tournament issue. I don't know any of the machinations about the prospect of it ending but I hope not. The following quote is from Adam Wodon about the Holiday Tourney "With all these connections and with RPI now being a contender again, the holiday tournament might start to attract the caliber of teams it once did when was not only the oldest in-season tournament, but also one of the most respected." I hope that SA can resurrect the tourney. I thought the teams were good this year. If it ends, well all things must come to an end but ....

            Source - http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/gamegab.php?td=48
            Last edited by AspyDad; 12-06-2010, 07:04 PM.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

              Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              :yawn:

              Does RPI come out flying against BU or do they try to match BU's tempo w/ a slow-down defense? How does Seth play it?
              SS-it may depend on how healthy we are. At full force, we can probably skate with just about anyone. Injured-all bets are off. SA alone knows the hand he is bringing into saturday' game. He will have to play with the cards he has. Is York 100%, can Malchuk or OGrady come back to play. We just do not have enough information to venture an educated guess. I think we have to get BU to play our game-whatever that is-rather than try to adapt to theirs. This is as big a test as Yale was-and i think barring a 5 on 3 in the third period against us-we showed we can play with the new number 1 team in the country. Just my 2ยข
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Wanted to address the Holiday Tournament issue. I don't know any of the machinations about the prospect of it ending but I hope not. The following quote is from Adam Wodon about the Holiday Tourney "With all these connections and with RPI now being a contender again, the holiday tournament might start to attract the caliber of teams it once did when was not only the oldest in-season tournament, but also one of the most respected." I hope that SA can resurrect the tourney. I thought the teams were good this year. If it ends, well all things must come to an end but ....

                Source - http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/gamegab.php?td=48
                What would be so wrong if we shifted the entire thing to early October? I too would hate to lose the tournament-but we must find a way to get a quality field to come to Troy or it will be just a historical footnote. A sponsor with deep pockets would help-I don't know too many teams that would turn down big money.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                  Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  :yawn:

                  Does RPI come out flying against BU or do they try to match BU's tempo w/ a slow-down defense? How does Seth play it?
                  RPI is an up tempo team and should always play to their strength. BU will be another good test. Of course as a student of hockey you know coaches don't control tempo. That may be basketball that you are thinking of? What do you think?
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    What would be so wrong if we shifted the entire thing to early October? I too would hate to lose the tournament-but we must find a way to get a quality field to come to Troy or it will be just a historical footnote. A sponsor with deep pockets would help-I don't know too many teams that would turn down big money.
                    I am not adverse to tinkering with it. I think that Harkness used it as a tool to keep team playing and keep their edge during Christmas time. This years tourney had a nice mix. I always enjoy seeing WCHA and CCHA teams. I remember when Western Michigan won it in 79 and that was a great tournament. BTW- Appert best friend is coach of WM. He also coached Bailen in USHL. Hope to see them here next year. Maybe more eastern teams like UCONN, Sacred Heart, Northeastern, etc. might cut the costs.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                      Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      For you guys upset that Schott didn't mention RPI's win over Brown, it's probably because Ken was busy traveling to Yale for Sunday afternoon's game. Call off the witch hunt guys.
                      No witch hunt. Just people expressing opinions. Nothing wrong with that, even if it may be wrong.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                        I was just looking at INCH rankings and maybe Im biased or something or just plain stupid(not out of the question),but honest to god does anyone here really think that Union is a better team than any or all of the following teams,Wisconsin...Michigan...Denver...Notre Dame and Miami.....what am I missing ?
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                          Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          can Malchuk or OGrady come back to play.
                          I thought I read on the groundbreaking WaP twitter page that Joel is going to be back for BU game.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                            Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            RPI is an up tempo team and should always play to their strength. BU will be another good test. Of course as a student of hockey you know coaches don't control tempo. That may be basketball that you are thinking of? What do you think?
                            Coaches don't control tempo? Brown and Cornell players come up w/ their style all on their own?

                            I think, and I hope, RPI uses their speed. It's their the biggest asset, and biggest lever to overcome their lack of ability to generate offensive chances.
                            Class of '93

                            16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                              Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              What would be so wrong if we shifted the entire thing to early October? I too would hate to lose the tournament-but we must find a way to get a quality field to come to Troy or it will be just a historical footnote. A sponsor with deep pockets would help-I don't know too many teams that would turn down big money.
                              Methinks that early October is a great idea. It mightbe easier to attract a sponsor for the traditional Christmas timing though. It'd be a shame to jettison the tourney altogether.
                              Class of '93

                              16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

                                Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                I was just looking at INCH rankings and maybe Im biased or something or just plain stupid(not out of the question),but honest to god does anyone here really think that Union is a better team than any or all of the following teams,Wisconsin...Michigan...Denver...Notre Dame and Miami.....what am I missing ?
                                I think you're right. I have seen them three times. All sitting next to you and they do not knock me over. They clearly have trouble with scoring even strength (5 on 5). Even Melrose said that on ESPNU. There a trap team and will keep things close in most games (except Yale) but there test will be when they go out and play 2 games against a much vastly improved Western Michigan team.
                                Last edited by AspyDad; 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X