Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    All well and good, but are they accurate? The attendance figures for RPI don't match the RPI website. Who is correct? A look at RPI stats shows they are averaging 3239 per game. Where is this site getting its numbers? Are the scoring stats more accurate?
    Where does the RPI site have attendance figures posted? The boxscores link to Collegehockeystats.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by babo View Post
      My first time back in a while (hello Gentlemen...)...if any of you are planning on being at the Yale Game tonight, please let me know if you'll be attending the after game pizza dinner at che babo...I need to know how many pies I will be baking...and my offer stands for any of you from the thread to spend the night!

I'll have on my RPI BRFO scarf from last year (and if it's as cold tonight as it is this morning, look for the woman wearing the colony of raccoons on her back...hard to miss...))
      I will be there tonight, however, I will not be able to attend the pizza party. Thanks for the invite. I will look for the scarf, I am sure my wife will also be wearing one of those.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        Ouch. Thin. I think SA will structure things so there are 3 stronger lines and then spot the 4th line in here and there. Not sure he would do it but I'd love to see AAG on a line with CP just once. AAG-CP-BB would be an interesting #1 line to me. But geez.. it's hard to even come up with 3 strong lines.
        With three top forwards out, it is going to be thin, but I think we can put together three good lines and a very good energy line.
        We start with your suggestion.
        AAG-CP-BB
        TH-BH-PC
        Smith-Halpern-Rogic
        Tinordi-Rabbani-Burgdoerfer

JMO
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Where does the RPI site have attendance figures posted? The boxscores link to Collegehockeystats.
          under men's hockey, in the stats section click on the schedule/results then open each game summary and the attendance is listed at the top of the summary.

Comment

under men's hockey, in the stats section click on the schedule/results then open each game summary and the attendance is listed at the top of the summary.
            Yes, those are the figures at the Collegehockeystats website.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, those are the figures at the Collegehockeystats website.
              The figures on the site at the link below show a 6-game attendance of 16,998 (2,833 per game average) and RPI's site shows 19,436 (3,239/gm). Attendance figures are not a big deal here, but considering that the Merrimack figures are also wrong it makes me wonder if their other stats are reliable.
              http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952

Comment

The figures on the site at the link below show a 6-game attendance of 16,998 (2,833 per game average) and RPI's site shows 19,436 (3,239/gm). Attendance figures are not a big deal here, but considering that the Merrimack figures are also wrong it makes me wonder if their other stats are reliable.
                http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952
                The problem is that Pointstreak considered the Lake Placid game as a home game with zero attendance (it was all counted in the CCT-SLU) and for an unknown reason regarded BGSU as the home team last weekend.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-03-2010, 12:12 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

All well and good, but are they accurate? The attendance figures for RPI don't match the RPI website. Who is correct? A look at RPI stats shows they are averaging 3239 per game. Where is this site getting its numbers? Are the scoring stats more accurate?
                  I mentioned over 3200, how I got it was take the 6 home games attendance reporting on collegehockeystats and find the mean. I'm sure that's what RPI's site also did. We came up with the same numbers.

Comment

The problem is that Pointstreak considered the Lake Placid game as a home game with zero attendance (it was all counted in the CCT-SLU) and for an unknown reason regarded BGSU as the home team last weekend.
                    Those mistakes explain why their firgures are so screwed up. Just gotta wonder if the other stats are wrong.

Comment

Those mistakes explain why their firgures are so screwed up. Just gotta wonder if the other stats are wrong.
                      I guess that it is still in beta testing.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If anyone listened to Ken Schott on Wylands show yesterday he suggested we should look into gettting rid of the tournament....He should mind his own business and worry about adding a second bathroom to Union's Rink....or possibly a parking lot where you can park your car.....Just a Thought.....Off to New Haven.
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          If anyone listened to Ken Schott on Wylands show yesterday he suggested we should look into gettting rid of the tournament....He should mind his own business and worry about adding a second bathroom to Union's Rink....or possibly a parking lot where you can park your car.....Just a Thought.....Off to New Haven.
                          It doesn't seem like an unreasonable suggestion to me. Certainly, looking into what other opportunities might be available as an alternative couldn't hurt anyone. I am just grateful that we have multiple local reporters giving attention to RPI hockey, their substantive opinions notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            It doesn't seem like an unreasonable suggestion to me. Certainly, looking into what other opportunities might be available as an alternative couldn't hurt anyone. I am just grateful that we have multiple local reporters giving attention to RPI hockey, their substantive opinions notwithstanding.
                            Excuse me are you accusing Ken Schott of being a reporter...Take that back !!!!
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shots on goal look very low in the RPI individual STATS. I know we've had some low shot nights but 187 in 13 games seems very low to me.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                I, for one, would miss the tounament. I remember the early days when it was the only game around. The years when it was during Christmas week. And the switch to Thanksgiving time. I know we have had trouble drawing top notch teams but there is something to be said for tradition.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X