Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

I don't think that this has been mentioned on the RPI thread before, but NCAA stats have been entered this year in Pointstreak, the program used by most North American junior leagues (all but the BCHL and AJHL that RPI deals with). Here is RPI's page http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952.

I find Pointstreak easier to deal with than Collegehockeystats which is missing the ability to click between most pages making navigation difficult. What I mean by that is from a boxscore (e.g., http://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mbgsren1.n27) in Collegehockeystats, I can't go directly to one of the teams' pages or a player's page, while I can from Pointstreak's boxscore http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1347826. i don't know why Collegehockeystats has not been modified in about a decade.

BTW, someone asked a while back about attendance figures http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I don't think that this has been mentioned on the RPI thread before, but NCAA stats have been entered this year in Pointstreak, the program used by most North American junior leagues (all but the BCHL and AJHL that RPI deals with). Here is RPI's page http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952.

I find Pointstreak easier to deal with than Collegehockeystats which is missing the ability to click between most pages making navigation difficult. What I mean by that is from a boxscore (e.g., http://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mbgsren1.n27) in Collegehockeystats, I can't go directly to one of the teams' pages or a player's page, while I can from Pointstreak's boxscore http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1347826. i don't know why Collegehockeystats has not been modified in about a decade.

BTW, someone asked a while back about attendance figures http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5952.
      May just be me, but I like the text-only format. It's easy to look at with dial-up, and easily convertible to a spreadsheet (which I'm sure burgie12 finds very helpful when doing his PtC game).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        May just be me, but I like the text-only format. It's easy to look at with dial-up, and easily convertible to a spreadsheet (which I'm sure burgie12 finds very helpful when doing his PtC game).
        I would too if it had better navigation.

BTW, I wondered how Merrimack managed to average almost 8000 fans in their dump. They entered 25011 instead of 2501 for their game against UConn.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks Ralph-very helpful.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            ...and my offer stands for any of you from the thread to spend the night!
            Interesting-I would take you up on the offer but Jenny is the very jealous hot headed italian type-and she would cut mine off and hang them like a trophy!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Interesting-I would take you up on the offer but Jenny is the very jealous hot headed italian type-and she would cut mine off and hang them like a trophy!
              ...not to mention the Hubster...

Comment

Very helpful. That, and I like seeing the lines. And, I'm pretty stubborn.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I'll chime in with my support of College Hockey Stats as well; I'm a fan of the text-based formatting, and I think their box scores are done perfectly. The one thing they don't seem to provide is +/- on the Team Stats page (which is odd, since the box scores track +/-), but I use CollegeHockeyNews for that. Pointstreak tried to launch a couple popups at me =(.
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    Very helpful. That, and I like seeing the lines. And, I'm pretty stubborn.
                    Good point about the lines.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      My first time back in a while (hello Gentlemen...)...if any of you are planning on being at the Yale Game tonight, please let me know if you'll be attending the after game pizza dinner at che babo...I need to know how many pies I will be baking...and my offer stands for any of you from the thread to spend the night!

I'll have on my RPI BRFO scarf from last year (and if it's as cold tonight as it is this morning, look for the woman wearing the colony of raccoons on her back...hard to miss...))
                      What a great offer this is. It almost makes me want to have my 9 year old skip his hockey practice and come down. He'd get a kick out of meeting the BRO's parents and someday the BRO since we are all fellow red heads. He'll have to settle for the Brown game tomorrow though.

This is yet more evidence of how great most hockey parents are.

Comment

I like the way he channeled Yoda: "Yale, tied with Boston U. for the No. 2 slot nationally, is"

Comment

I don't know who Weaver talks to, but I had zero expectations that either JFK or Lee would play this weekend.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-03-2010, 09:09 AM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                            Here's my guess for lines against Yale:

Helfrich-Polacek-Cullen
                            AAG-Higgs-Brutlag
                            Tinordi-Rogic-Rabbani
                            Smith-Halpern-Burgdoerfer

If Malchuk, Lee, and O'Grady are all out it really limits our speed options. I imagine Appert will stack the top three lines as much as possible and the 4th line will play sparingly (at best).
                            Ouch. Thin. I think SA will structure things so there are 3 stronger lines and then spot the 4th line in here and there. Not sure he would do it but I'd love to see AAG on a line with CP just once. AAG-CP-BB would be an interesting #1 line to me. But geez.. it's hard to even come up with 3 strong lines.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              Ouch. Thin. I think SA will structure things so there are 3 stronger lines and then spot the 4th line in here and there. Not sure he would do it but I'd love to see AAG on a line with CP just once. AAG-CP-BB would be an interesting #1 line to me. But geez.. it's hard to even come up with 3 strong lines.
                              I keep thinking about D'Amigo's (or was in Pirri's) statement that all five of us will be back. Assuming that York is in goal, which is a good bet, none of the five will be playing this weekend.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

All well and good, but are they accurate? The attendance figures for RPI don't match the RPI website. Who is correct? A look at RPI stats shows they are averaging 3239 per game. Where is this site getting its numbers? Are the scoring stats more accurate?

Comment

Working...
                                X