Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
    To change the subject - anyone here going to the Holiday Tourney? Thoughts on the games?
    See you there. Does anyone know: is Joe Koudys on the UAH team related to our Koudys? And are the two Geoffrions on UAH related to Blake Geoffrion, who played for Wisconsin a season or two ago? If so, an awful lot of relatives of players I like on that team...
    RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by wicked slappaahs View Post
      Are you speaking about Dubuque or RPI ?
      RPI. Dubuque didn't even have a power play last year.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
        See you there. Does anyone know: is Joe Koudys on the UAH team related to our Koudys? And are the two Geoffrions on UAH related to Blake Geoffrion, who played for Wisconsin a season or two ago? If so, an awful lot of relatives of players I like on that team...
        Joe is Pat's second cousin. Their grandfathers are brothers. Joe's father, Randy, played for RPI.

I don't know about the Geoffrions.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-24-2010, 04:43 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Joe is Pat's second cousin. Their grandfathers are brothers. Joe's father, Randy, played for RPI.

I don't know about the Geoffrions.
          Either Geoffrion have a Boom or 2 in their nicknames?
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Either Geoffrion have a Boom or 2 in their nicknames?
            If anyone is really curious, you should ask on the UAH thread.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Both Brice and Sebastian Geoffrion are the younger brothers of former Wisconsin standout, Blake Geoffrion.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...n_blake00.html

Comment

Originally posted by EngineerFan09 View Post
                Both Brice and Sebastian Geoffrion are the younger brothers of former Wisconsin standout, Blake Geoffrion.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...n_blake00.html
                So they all have both Boom Boom Geoffrion and Howie Morenz in their ancestry.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is this the weakest holiday tournament ever! My glory! What a joke! They should let you in for free

Comment

So they all have both Boom Boom Geoffrion and Howie Morenz in their ancestry.
                    Obviously that was where I was going before. Not bad blood lines.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                      Is this the weakest holiday tournament ever! My glory! What a joke! They should let you in for free
                      We were the weakest 4th team in GLI history last year. I'm not going to even going to touch it any further, even if I had a 39 and a half foot pole (we are getting close to Christmas, after all, gotta bring in the grinch references).

Comment

From Pete Pedone about alumni tickets etc. for the games at UAH.

http://alumni.rpi.edu/s/1225/index.a...2630&ecid=2630
                        ...you would think the Alumni page would have a team picture of this years team (note Pirri & JD'A in back row)
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          ...you would think the Alumni page would have a team picture of this years team (note Pirri & JD'A in back row)
                          For a reason unknown to me, SA waits until the season is well underway before a team picture is taken.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Joe Juneau is in the second group of 5 players named to the Top 50 players for the 50th league anniversary http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...50_2nd_Segment. The other four are Ray Giroux, Andy McDonald, Joe Nieuwendyk, and Ron Wilson, all good selections.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-26-2010, 05:22 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI release about Joe Juneau http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...124105748.aspx
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Good point FD. I don't know the numbers, but overall we had an outstanding night in the FO circle in the Union game in Sc'tdy.
                                ....actually, not so good. Fri. at Sc'tdy it was Union 39-26 in FO's...Sat. in HFH it was a little better but still in Union's favor 37-33. Against Dart. RPI won in the FO's 29-26...vs Harv. it was RPI 32-25
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X