Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

for your viewing pleasure
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSPNhbJi760
    RIT Tigers
    2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
    2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

a little confusing looking at the Boxscore from the ECAC web-site. Apparently we won 4-2 and played in Orona, Maine and Gustav Nyquist now plays for RPI
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
        **** that was fast! I'm working on getting out our highlight reel with multi-angle instant replays and all that.
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
          **** that was fast! I'm working on getting out our highlight reel with multi-angle instant replays and all that.
          i was looking for something with time and sound but ill take what i can get
          RIT Tigers
          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
            Great post. The incessant whining about reffing week in and week out makes it hard to come and enjoy posting w/ the great RPI fanbase here.
            Try sitting in my section at the field house....every time an RPI player drops it should be called it seems. Or a person gets a woodie for yelling something and sticks with it all night. I have people around me ask if this happens often and I have to just shake my head and go yeah.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I am guessing that is the tape that the team uses and reviews for their own purposes, given how there's no sound. I believe it is the same thing that Coach played during last night's press conference.

Comment

Here's short clips of the last two goals:

http://www.rpitv.org/productions/339...ockey-vs-union

Full game will be up early this morning; it's possible you'll see a longer length highlight reel too at some point.

Our video shows the puck in the goal at .4 or .3 on our scoreboard. Unfortunately, our scoreboard isn't truly synced to the game clock, so it's mostly useless for review purposes. You can easily see, however, that the puck is in the net before the green light is lit. The red light never comes on.

I can get clips up pretty quickly if there's a particular penalty, play, or other goal you'd like to see.

Finally, congrats to Tom Reale on his Rabbani jersey!
                Last edited by RHamilton; 11-13-2010, 11:30 PM.
                RPI Class of 2012
                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Wondering about the Holiday Tournament-doesn't seem to be listed on B2 so will RPI TV be playing it live since B2 isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
                    Wondering about the Holiday Tournament-doesn't seem to be listed on B2 so will RPI TV be playing it live since B2 isn't?
                    We'll be there, albeit it with a smaller than normal crew due to the holidays. I'm fairly sure we're required to show the RPI games of the tournament only on B2. Maybe we'll get lucky and freely stream them. I haven't talked to Kevin Beattie yet about the details.
                    RPI Class of 2012

Comment

I hear that the envelope with the check that Coach Leaman left for the Refs yesterday was found when the HFH was cleaned up after the game.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Coach is right that the RPI/Union games keep topping each other. I think at this point, unless you put the OT goal closer to the buzzer, probably the only way you can top it is during the playoffs, maybe break the Union/Q-Pac record.

Comment

Here's short clips of the last two goals:

http://www.rpitv.org/productions/339...ockey-vs-union

Full game will be up early this morning; it's possible you'll see a longer length highlight reel too at some point.

Our video shows the puck in the goal at .4 or .3 on our scoreboard. Unfortunately, our scoreboard isn't truly synced to the game clock, so it's mostly useless for review purposes. You can easily see, however, that the puck is in the net before the green light is lit. The red light never comes on.

I can get clips up pretty quickly if there's a particular penalty, play, or other goal you'd like to see.

Finally, congrats to Tom Reale on his Rabbani jersey!
                          Great job RH-I got goosebumps watching the last 2 goals. One of the truly phenomenal finishes in RPI hockey history. Very premature to say this-but this kind of thing can turn an entire season around. Down 2 goals early in the third, scoring with 0.2 seconds to play and winning in OT against a formidable Union team (that IMO should be ranked even somewhat higher that 12th nationally). At the end of the season it may well pay to look back at the finish of this game.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Tourney thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...GSU-UConn-RPI)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Great job RH-I got goosebumps watching the last 2 goals. One of the truly phenomenal finishes in RPI hockey history. Very premature to say this-but this kind of thing can turn an entire season around. Down 2 goals early in the third, scoring with 0.2 seconds to play and winning in OT against a formidable Union team (that IMO should be ranked even somewhat higher that 12th nationally). At the end of the season it may well pay to look back at the finish of this game.
                              Granted I don't if either of us will go up in the meaningless-at-this-time polls because although the ECAC media really saw the game for its worth, the rest of the media may say it was "just a split".

That was pretty much exactly the same as last year in Thanksgiving, and we barely had anyone in Section 33 (technically I'm in 44, but close enough). I'm just glad the mall cops were smart enough to stay back this time. I also realize Black Friday is the only free game for students, so they showed up in droves.

The formula (as providied by realet) is 3 points per home weekend, 2 points per away weekend, rivalry week is bonus. You are absolutely correct that these two points could mean the difference between 4 and 5 (playing first round vs. the bye). It certainly was last year.

Also, one interesting statistic: We're undefeated at home. (minus the exhibition game, but that doesn't go towards the stats anyway)

Comment

Bailen is the best offensive D-Man we've had in the last 20 or 30 years and I have been around since Ian Harrison was in goal. Pat Cullen played awesome this weekend, I was really glad to see him get off the snide. I think Bailen was involved in every RPI goal this weekend? Can anyone say ECAC Player of the Week? Imagine Bailen with Pirri and Jerry.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X