Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Hey, DocD, what would your prognosis be of the following injury: Broken thumb-- linear type fracture along the bone? E-mail me your bill.
    The thumb has two bones in it-prognosis depends not only on which of the two bones it is (distal or proximal) but also whether it involves one of the tufts at the base of each bone. Linear breaks heal far faster than any other type(spiral, displaced, etc). The thumb is the most important digit. Everything we do with our hands that separates us from lower life forms is because we have the ability to oppose the thumb. If the thumb can be immobilized in a position of function-sort of flexed about 40 degrees-the healing can proceed very rapidly and full function regained in a few weeks. Metacarpal injuries are worse and take longer to heal. And each of the 8 carpal bones have their own special difficulties in healing. An indication of how things can go-I broke one of my carpal bones playing hockey in 1963 -it was the Capitate bone which is the largest. I was back functioning well in 6 weeks-however I still can feel the pain at times in 2010 with certain motions.

PS-There is never a bill for RPI fans. Others are billed on a sliding scale depending on how much I despise their team. Since i went to Albany Medical School (which is part of Union) I suppose I could extend the courtesy to Union fans.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 11-15-2010, 05:49 PM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Senna View Post
      Streaming thru the thread and now see this - seems as though the good Doctor and I are thinking the same way on this....I'm loving the overall defensive play this year. Someone posted that the games are wars, and its true and exciting to watch. You cannot win games consistently at any level when giving up 3, 4 or more. We are not. Now layer on an extra goal per game (or more) and the numbers will really start accumulating in the "W" column.
      Senna-we are averaging about 2.55 goals per game offensively-move that up a goal a game to 3.55 and keep the defense at their current level and we could be an NCAA tournament team.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        The thumb has two bones in it-prognosis depends not only on which of the two bones it is (distal or proximal) but also whether it involves one of the tufts at the base of each bone. Linear breaks heal far faster than any other type(spiral, displaced, etc). The thumb is the most important digit. Everything we do with our hands that separates us from lower life forms is because we have the ability to oppose the thumb. If the thumb can be immobilized in a position of function-sort of flexed about 40 degrees-the healing can proceed very rapidly and full function regained in a few weeks. Metacarpal injuries are worse and take longer to heal. And each of the 8 carpal bones have their own special difficulties in healing. An indication of how things can go-I broke one of my carpal bones playing hockey in 1963 -it was the Capitate bone which is the largest. I was back functioning well in 6 weeks-however I still can feel the pain at times in 2010 with certain motions.

PS-There is never a bill for RPI fans. Others are billed on a sliding scale depending on how much I despise their team. Since i went to Albany Medical School (which is part of Union) I suppose I could extend the courtesy to Union fans.

What if they went to Clarkson?
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by gorpi08 View Post
          I'm new to posting here, but have been following these threads for the better part of three years. I really appreciate the various incites and opinions these boards have to offer.
          I now have a question...what is the best way to get an authentic RPI jersey (complete with player name and number)? The only place I've seen the jerseys is at the bookstore, and they don't seem authentic to me and they of course don't have the customization.
          For $200 you can get a game-used one from the team. You'll have to get in contact with Dana McGuane, team equipment manager, to get one.
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Senna-we are averaging about 2.55 goals per game offensively-move that up a goal a game to 3.55 and keep the defense at their current level and we could be an NCAA tournament team.
            Doc if this happens we are not just an NCAA tourney team, but are a top 5 team in the counbtry

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              Doc if this happens we are not just an NCAA tourney team, but are a top 5 team in the counbtry
              I was thinking top ten but did not want to over reach.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                What if they went to Clarkson?
                They get the Kevorkian treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  For $200 you can get a game-used one from the team. You'll have to get in contact with Dana McGuane, team equipment manager, to get one.
                  His email address is on the RPI atheletics Hockey web sight....BTW a nicer guy you will never meet !
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I was thinking top ten but did not want to over reach.
                    Only positive of the jfk injury is the frosh d get more games under there belt
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      His email address is on the RPI atheletics Hockey web sight....BTW a nicer guy you will never meet !
                      100% true. Dana's a gem.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Monday's Record article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...3979460097.txt

Nothing particularly new.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I promised some numbers from Saturdays game from our website, and here they are:

This is our second most popular sports production of all time by viewer hours (number of hours spent by people actually watching video), with 95 hours, but falling short of our most popular, Football vs. Alfred University with just over 100 hours. The Alfred game has been posted for about a month, where as this game has been up for less than 2 full days. This accounts for 2.6% of our total streaming.

Since posting the video, we have uploaded 114 gigabytes of data from our streaming server, 83 of which are from this hockey game. We have seen 746 people visit the page 991 times from 37 states and countries spending, on average, 24 minute and 39 seconds on that page. 20% of the visitors came directly to our page, 17% came from links posted here, 15% from facebook, 14% from reddit, 12% from rpitathletics.com, and the rest from other places. People coming from these forums ended up spending just under 20 minutes on the page.

If you could all do us a huge favor, goto http://www.facebook.com/pages/RPI-TV/139989560363 and like our page. There is a contest among RPI Student Union clubs to get the most 'likes' on their facebook pages, and we would love to kick some butt! (It is worth some money for us!)

Lets hope we have some more amazing hockey games this season! We love to shoot them, and from what we have read, people love to watch them! We are the best (possibly only) school that does productions like we do, and I am confident, the only school who makes the games available to watch free online the next day. I also really hope that we can offer our own live streams of all of the games, hopefully free, without b2, like we did for the tournament against Brown in March. We received many comments and read things on this and other forums how we were the best online hockey webcast people had ever seen!
                          Last edited by mackek2; 11-16-2010, 02:13 AM.
                          Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
                            I promised some numbers from Saturdays game from our website, and here they are:

This is our second most popular sports production of all time by viewer hours (number of hours spent by people actually watching video), with 95 hours, but falling short of our most popular, Football vs. Alfred University with just over 100 hours. The Alfred game has been posted for about a month, where as this game has been up for less than 2 full days. This accounts for 2.6% of our total streaming.

Since posting the video, we have uploaded 114 gigabytes of data from our streaming server, 83 of which are from this hockey game. We have seen 746 people visit the page 991 times from 37 states and countries spending, on average, 24 minute and 39 seconds on that page. 20% of the visitors came directly to our page, 17% came from links posted here, 15% from facebook, 14% from reddit, 12% from rpitathletics.com, and the rest from other places. People coming from these forums ended up spending just under 20 minutes on the page.

If you could all do us a huge favor, goto http://www.facebook.com/pages/RPI-TV/139989560363 and like our page. There is a contest among RPI Student Union clubs to get the most 'likes' on their facebook pages, and we would love to kick some butt! (It is worth some money for us!)

Lets hope we have some more amazing hockey games this season! We love to shoot them, and from what we have read, people love to watch them! We are the best (possibly only) school that does productions like we do, and I am confident, the only school who makes the games available to watch free online the next day. I also really hope that we can offer our own live streams of all of the games, hopefully free, without b2, like we did for the tournament against Brown in March. We received many comments and read things on this and other forums how we were the best online hockey webcast people had ever seen!
                            A football game is leading in interest? I'll have to do watch the whole hockey game again.

Sorry that I can't give you a "like" as that would require me to join facebook.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              A football game is leading in interest? I'll have to do watch the whole hockey game again.

Sorry that I can't give you a "like" as that would require me to join facebook.
                              To be fair, it was a very exciting football game as well! Winning/tying/loosing in the last minute seems to be a common thing for both teams this year.
                              Last edited by mackek2; 11-16-2010, 01:55 AM.
                              Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
                                To be fair, it was a very exciting football game as well! Winning/tying/loosing in the last minute seems to be a common thing for both teams this year.
                                I was at that game, we almost blew it, too. I'm sure many wanted to see the GW FG, or to hear the ref say in his thick accent, "Please reset the game clock to 45 seconds."

I think one of the big differences between you and some other sites is your service, how not only are you open to critiques, but are willing to thoroughly investigate the issues in order to make your product better. I realize some products are just too large that they can't really do that, but it's really nice to see, and something I would be willing to pay for, especially given your cross-platform-cross-browser abilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X