UND at UW: Let's get hostile, let's get abusive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UND at UW: Let's get hostile, let's get abusive

Well, it's been real. I honestly feel dumber after spending this time in this thread.

It's like huffing, only without the euphoric feeling, only the bread dain cells.

PS And yes Dolan, that one was intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingbooya View Post
      Ya I saw it, my point is he wasn't injured and every single player on both ends of the ice knew it. He stayed down longer to get a longer penalty and that is what ****ed me off. If a Sioux player did that, you wouldn't see the player on the ice for the rest of the game.
      No, he was not injured, but he was hurt. Do you know the difference? There's been times in my personal hockey career where I've been hit hard enough (legal or not) where play had to be stopped because I was down. One time I cracked my collar bone where it had been broken once and not healed fully. I didn't miss a shift the rest of the game. Was I acting when I had to be helped off the ice? F-NO. Unless you're Frankie Simonelli, you have some pretty big balls to call him out for acting when he was illegally checked head first into the boards. Now I'm ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        And you know this how?

I say Kristo wasn't hurt when he was skating around on one foot. He was just acting so mommy would make him warm milk after the game. Sounds silly, doesn't it?
        Kristo also missed a few shifts because of it and that is the differnce, but we will just agree to disagree on this one. Todays game makes it harder to be a bigger player because a clean hit on someone who would be 5-6 inches taller is now illegal and there is nothing that player can do about it.

I would like to see college hockey make two changes to the game to improve this
        1) Go to half shields only
        - with the full shields people are almost like human rockets at times and can just launch themselves at an opponent. If they took away the full shield it would force the player to play with a bit more self control

2) Allow the same fighting rules as in the NHL
        - If players were allowed to police themselves to an extent then a lot of this diving crap that is becoming more and more common would stop happening because the other team could do something about it

oh ya and please WCHA call obstruction hooking for the love of god!

Comment

differnce
          That's just too PERFECT! Thanks for that. Didn't even read the rest of your rant.

Comment

That's just too PERFECT! Thanks for that. Didn't even read the rest of your rant.
            You try typing with a half liter of whiskey in ya

Comment

When guys get hit they may get the wind knocked out of them or get injured. If this happens it doesn't make the hit automatically illegal. It's part of contact sports. The Gleason hit was not a penalty. It was a hard hit and the opponent was off balance but *** is Gleason supposed to do. If you let up the guy will go right around you and make a play. When contact was made they were both shoulder to shoulder. The wisco player was turned by the impact and that is what caused him to go face first into the boards/dasher. It was unfortunate for him but it does not make the hit a penalty.

The Hextall hit, well if he wouldn't have flicked his elbow up at the last second it would have been a clean hit too. Because he did, he got the major. My feelings are this hit was a penalty but with a minor adjustment on Hextall's part it could have been a clean hit.

Comment

Nothing sweeter than hearing the Kohl center inmates shower a cascade of boos down on the Badgers at the end of period #2.

An epic win.

Here's hoping for more 5x5 tomorrow night.

Comment

- If players were allowed to police themselves to an extent then a lot of this diving crap that is becoming more and more common would stop happening because the other team could do something about it
                  I agree. It really ticks me off when these kids dive head first into the boards at full speed. Something needs to be done about this and I agree that fighting would most likely clear it up. What should have happened tonight was the nearest Sioux player should have jumped on Simonelli while he was writhing on the ice wondering if his neck was fractured, pulled his jersey over his head and beat the snot out of him. I guarantee you that short of a broken neck, from that point on, players would get their arse up asap and just rub some dirt on it, just like they do in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                    When guys get hit they may get the wind knocked out of them or get injured. If this happens it doesn't make the hit automatically illegal. It's part of contact sports. The Gleason hit was not a penalty. It was a hard hit and the opponent was off balance but *** is Gleason supposed to do. If you let up the guy will go right around you and make a play. When contact was made they were both shoulder to shoulder. The wisco player was turned by the impact and that is what caused him to go face first into the boards/dasher. It was unfortunate for him but it does not make the hit a penalty.

The Hextall hit, well if he wouldn't have flicked his elbow up at the last second it would have been a clean hit too. Because he did, he got the major. My feelings are this hit was a penalty but with a minor adjustment on Hextall's part it could have been a clean hit.
                    But a player got hurt, its gotta be illegal somehow....

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                      Nothing sweeter than hearing the Kohl center inmates shower a cascade of boos down on the Badgers at the end of period #2.

An epic win.

Here's hoping for more 5x5 tomorrow night.
                      There wasn't a "cascade" of boos, although there were a few. And THAT was an epic win? Please.

Comment

I agree. It really ticks me off when these kids dive head first into the boards at full speed. Something needs to be done about this and I agree that fighting would most likely clear it up. What should have happened tonight was the nearest Sioux player should have jumped on Simonelli while he was writhing on the ice wondering if his neck was fractured, pulled his jersey over his head and beat the snot out of him. I guarantee you that short of a broken neck, from that point on, players would get their arse up asap and just rub some dirt on it, just like they do in the NHL.
                        I already responded to you earlier that I didn't think he dove on that play, it's pretty obvious he wasn't. I was stating on that play that I felt he was fine afterwords but milked the hit for all he could. If you were to see the body language of the Sioux players and the fact that they were yelling around the side the second he came to the bench you would understand more.
                        When I talk about the diving think of Robbie Earl or Cepis from Minnesota. It is becoming more and more evident on a weekly basis, I didn't see it tonight in the game, but I guarantee you when the Gophers come to town you will see it.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post

I haven't disagreed with anything you say here other than this:

Rule 604 Board-Checking (which I know they didn't call, but could have in this instance, cfb works essentially the same as a 5 and a dq could have resulted from either)

"A minor or a major penalty, at the discretion of the referee based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be imposed on any player who body-checks, cross-checks, elbows, charges or trips in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently into the boards."

I think that hit falls well within this definition or cfb, which was actually called. The ref did consult with the linesman. Either call was gonna get him a 5 in this instance and intent has nothing at all to do with it.

I only cite this rule because some have said it should have been boarding instead, which I agree with. I believe that the end result would have been the same though.
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-13-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

The Gleason hit was the definition of a 5 and a game for boarding. Just because the WCHA refs are too incompetent to call it the right thing doesn't mean it's not a penalty.

Comment

Both were legit penalties. Maybe your "Big" boys need to learn from their mistakes so as to stop taking these penalties.
                              Pussification of college hockey. Maybe your girls need to man up.

Comment

Anyway a change of subject here, what happened to the Wisconsin offense tonight? They usually get way more shots to the net than they did tonight, it is very very very very rare for Wisconsin to have shots in the teens. I know our defense is very very strong here at UND this year, but I gotta think something was off tonight with the Badgers as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X