Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BIG CHILL

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    With the event 3 days away, I'm getting that inspired feeling.

Can we get a You Raise Me Up please?
    Maybe you should have been there to sing that at Munn last March.

Comment

Hogan is going to be starting between the pipes for Michigan

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/bryan...ange-and-more/
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
        The Ann Arbor News has a bunch of pictures and stories about the ice being put in at The Big House.

http://www.annarbor.com/cgi-bin/mt/m...Chill&limit=20

The pictures are awesome.
        I flew over the stadium last night enroute from DTW- AZO. It was all lit up and quite the sight. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my camera out quick enough to get a few pics.
        Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Maybe you should have been there to sing that at Munn last March.
          You wouldn't have wanted that. We would have made you stand up, hold hands and join us.

Anywho, I am gonna put myself on the line and predict that my boys, MSU, shock the world and score 9 entire goals in one game.

So does Michigan.

9-9 tie. Big Chill 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
            You wouldn't have wanted that. We would have made you stand up, hold hands and join us.
            That's pretty funny, considering there were more Michigan fans there than Spartans. But, it was an appropriate song for a funeral at the mausoleum.
            I heard that Spartans sent Chill tix back, also. Something about another event, conflict etc.

Comment

I heard that Spartans sent Chill tix back, also. Something about another event, conflict etc.
              I think the Chill game is in direct competition with a hoops game at the Palace against Oakland.

Also, we're a bad hockey team on a non-hockey campus. Those two things don't necessarily help our cause when it comes to putting butts in those 11-inch seats over there in Ann Arbor.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                I think the Chill game is in direct competition with a hoops game at the Palace against Oakland.

Also, we're a bad hockey team on a non-hockey campus. Those two things don't necessarily help our cause when it comes to putting butts in those 11-inch seats over there in Ann Arbor.
                Hoops is the signature program up your way, I get it. That is, unless the ice Spartans bring home another (surprise) NC, then watch the bandwagon fans fill Munn for the party. MSU's program isn't "bad". I honestly don't think it matters, though, which is a shame. I honestly think JLA gets more local Spartans than at Munn, anymore. To tell you the truth, most so called Michigan fans don't even know where Yost is, so I'll discount the Chill as "a spectacle" like our illustrious CCHA writer says it is. What people like her and the rest of her ilk don't care to see is that this is the truest and purest form of hockey- on an outdoor rink- not dressed up in some cozy 18,000 seat palace with suites. Ask the players, coaches and anyone else that grew up playing hockey. The difference is, playing it in a 100,00 seat football stadium is for the revenue and not the essence of the sport. And if it attracts a few more people to college hockey, so be it.

Comment

113,411 just announced.

That's shots for Michigan I think...

Comment

I honestly don't think it matters, though, which is a shame. I honestly think JLA gets more local Spartans than at Munn, anymore.
                    Sadly, it did matter, once upon a time. When I enrolled in grad school at MSU in 1993, all I could get were standing room season tickets. These days the only way Munn is ever close to filled are special promotions and giveaways. Who could fault people, considering the way things are going? You can't blame attendance on the economy anymore, I think.

Congratulations to U-M on a dominating game and on capitalizing on MSU mistakes. You were the better team today. May MSU be the better team next time.
                    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

That was fun- couple of notes
                      At the pre-game, I didn't notice the Spartan band, and thought they should have been there. Thankfully, I just couldn't see them below me at the time. Interesting that the bands were well above the rule size.

The game was good from a Michigan standpoint- we won. Wasn't an awesome game, though. Interesting to see so many MSU passes missed.

Spectacle is an understatement. That was amazing. It was also interesting to teach the cheers to fans around us. The fireworks just made it that much more of a spectacle.

Great time.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                        113,411 just announced.

That's shots for Michigan I think...
                        Michigan actually got outshot in the game.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Michigan actually got outshot in the game.
                          34-29, somehow. Probably six or seven of those were in that last minute barrage. If only quality shots were being counted, UM wins that battle by at least 10.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The BIG CHILL

Red made a good decision to build an Olympic size ring. He always recruits player
                            with speed and The Big Chill clearly showed that!

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                              Red made a good decision to build an Olympic size ring. He always recruits player
                              with speed and The Big Chill clearly showed that!
                              What's funny about that- both teams reported to the announcers that they didn't notice the larger sheet- which I thought was really odd. But then Mickey Redmond said the same thing when they did the reporters game.

I don't understand that at all- as a fan, I sure could SEE the size difference. Which is one reason I really liked the larger sheet- much easier to watch the game.

As for the shots- only a few of MSU's shots were all that threatening- the one that did end up in the back, and at the end of the game were the most obvious. There were a few others, but all in all, I agree with the general Spartan feeling that shots were poor. Again, quite unexpected from this Wolverine fan. I'm not going to say that I somehow like MSU, but I sure can see why you are all so frustrated. I'd be tearing my hair out if I saw that on the ice regularly. It's bad enough we get to see that once a weekend for two games at Yost. Well, partially.

Comment

Very quite note. Believe it or not, the sightlines were not that bad. The combination of the Olympic ice, the height differential between the first row of seats and the field, and the general bowl configuration of the stadium made this far, far better than either Camp Randall or Ford Field. We were in one of the corners, about 30 rows up, and some actually used the word "good" to describe the perspective Also, the school really did go out of the way to make this a special event. It cost them a bit on the bottom line, but it really was worth it.

Seriously, after Camp Randall I had felt that this yesterday would be my last outdoor game. However, I really don't think I'd have a problem going to Ann Arbor for another one.

Oh yeah, if I ever see another Arby's walking fry guy again, I'm going to lose it. During the score-o, people in our section were yelling for the contestants to hit him in the crotch--only we couldn't quite figure out where that would be on a carton of curly fries
                                Last edited by Clifton; 12-12-2010, 08:30 AM.
                                Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Working...
                                X