X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BIG CHILL

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...1-at-Big-Chill

this link makes it sound like Guinness counted tickets scanned. While tickets that were ripped didn't count. If I read that right...

Sounds like they are still working on an exact figure.
    Given the "tickets scanned" method, the gaps in the student section, and the fact that all of the layers of clothing on everyone likely hid some empty seates, I understand why 100K might be tough. However, the current number would mean that 1 out of every 5 seats in the stadium went unused. Not a chance of that.
    Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Maybe Michigan Stadium is smaller than people think....

Seriously, if Michigan Stadium really does hold 107,000, the pictures say there are at least 100k in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
        Given the "tickets scanned" method, the gaps in the student section, and the fact that all of the layers of clothing on everyone likely hid some empty seates, I understand why 100K might be tough. However, the current number would mean that 1 out of every 5 seats in the stadium went unused. Not a chance of that.
        You all must've been wearing 5 jackets to fill up 28,000 seat gaps. I've been to the Big House and know the bench seats are small, but that's unfathomable. All seats were filled for the Fenway games last year with just as many winter jackets, and no one had any problems fitting into tiny seats. Someone at Guinness is going to have to do a better job of convincing me that there aren't at least 100,000 people there.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
          It was so empty that I had to stand sideways in order to fit into my seat in the student section...

There are gaps for every game. Students never sit in their correct seat. If you have seats in row 96 of the student section you are a complete idiot if you actually sit there and not try to squeeze in the lower bowl.
          Last edited by wolverine318; 12-15-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Don't forget this: Actual seats and capacity are 2 different things... What is the actual seat count at the Big House?
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

109,901. However, capacity is going to be reduced for next season as the aisles are widen.

Comment

So what are some good candidates ...
                "Scan scam"?
                "Ticketgate"?

I'm grasping ... it's the only thing I have to hold onto right now.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  So what are some good candidates ...
                  "Scan scam"?
                  "Ticketgate"?

I'm grasping ... it's the only thing I have to hold onto right now.
                  I know you are frustrated that your program is now a basement dweller with Bowling Green. Maybe next Michigan holds an outdoor game we can invite a more competitive program like Ohio State.

I think it is funny how improved Northern became once Comley left the program.

oh before you talk about attendance you might want to try selling out your own football stadium for a 11-1 team...ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                    oh before you talk about attendance you might want to try selling out your own football stadium for a 11-1 team...ouch.
                    You should have quit while you were ahead, before you started talking football. And besides, don't you know when someone's trying to crack a joke so they don't start crying?
                    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

my bad. Michigan hockey fans know how Ohio State football fans feel now. Seriously, Comley needs to go.
                      Last edited by wolverine318; 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Fairbanks is thinking about hosting one of these outdoor games and shooting for a Guinness record. We have a local football filed with a couple sections of high school bleachers available. Ice making equipment is a moot point. Scheduling won't be a problem and attendance won't be the record we shoot for.

It's supposed to hit -50 tonight, so it's unfortunate that we didn't host it this year. Believe it or not the weather guy is forecasting "a warming trend" by this weekend. It's only supposed to hit -40. For those interested, the descriptive terms for weather around here classifies -50 as "very cold". "Extreme cold" is not until we reach -51. We'll be prudent. It would be irresponsible to hold an outdoor game when it was "extremely cold."

Not sure what the record is for the coldest outdoor game, but we would probably be in the mix. Attendance, not so much. Probably only slightly more than a Seawolf home game.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          Fairbanks is thinking about hosting one of these outdoor games and shooting for a Guinness record. We have a local football filed with a couple sections of high school bleachers available. Ice making equipment is a moot point. Scheduling won't be a problem and attendance won't be the record we shoot for.

It's supposed to hit -50 tonight, so it's unfortunate that we didn't host it this year. Believe it or not the weather guy is forecasting "a warming trend" by this weekend. It's only supposed to hit -40. For those interested, the descriptive terms for weather around here classifies -50 as "very cold". "Extreme cold" is not until we reach -51. We'll be prudent. It would be irresponsible to hold an outdoor game when it was "extremely cold."

Not sure what the record is for the coldest outdoor game, but we would probably be in the mix. Attendance, not so much. Probably only slightly more than a Seawolf home game.
                          Should be done on Dec 21, as a counter to the ball game on the first day of summer. I'm sure my brother would show up for the face off....

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                            You should have quit while you were ahead, before you started talking football. And besides, don't you know when someone's trying to crack a joke so they don't start crying?
                            Oh, come on Arwen- three straight wins against U-M doesn't erase forty years of dominance, save a season or two here and there. Let's not talk football at all and spare the gory details both from an attendance standpoint and a scoreboard standpoint. Bounceyball on the other hand... ;(

Comment

Working...
                            X