Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    At what wage, for how many hours a week, and with what hazards?
    Then, what happens if there is someone more desperate than you who's willing to work for less $, work more hours, and risk more hazards??
    Then, what happens if there is someone else who's even more desperate who's willing to work for even less $, work even more hours, and risk even more hazards???
    ????
    then someone will be happy to have work and the union workers can hold there signs.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
      Old news, post #830
      Thanks, My bad, should have looked up just a couple more posts

Comment

Originally posted by GoBeavers View Post
        then someone will be happy to have work and the union workers can hold there signs.
        and that's an example of a glib answer you might get from a Fox News Entertainment "personality" to a serious question

Comment

Originally posted by GoBeavers View Post
          I'll guarantee you that if you're the most desperate person willing to work the most hours for the lowest wage risking the most hazards, you won't be "happy" and you might be killed or seriously injured.

Comment

I'll guarantee you that if you're the most desperate person willing to work the most hours for the lowest wage risking the most hazards, you won't be "happy" and you might be killed or seriously injured.
            I agree with that, but how's the pay holding up those signs? It's sure getting the BREC built isn't it?
            Last edited by Nate86; 01-28-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Let's see here, the unions have kept American businesses competitive in the steel industry... oh wait; how about the textile industry... oh wait; how about the machine tool industry... nope; how about the auto industry... no again; and on and on... let's see how many jobs the unions have "saved or created"??? What was once necessary is now just an overbloated bureaucracy trying to save their own overpaid jobs. How can you possibly equate the skill required to throw a fender on a Ford to that of a college grad skill requirement with the associated costs of acquiring that education yet the fender thrower gets paid more. It certainly isn't because of his "value added" to the product. It's because they have certain businesses by the throat until they are finally moved off shore... besides, most of those people that would work in those extreme hazards you mentioned shouldn't even be here!!! I just couldn't resist... Now for the retort...
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

NU @ UAH: NU sweep
                RMU@ BSU: split

and the purple eagles over canisius in bball!!!!!!! (on ESPNU)
                The Niagara University

2008 NCAA Tournament
                2004 NCAA Tournament
                2000 NCAA Tournament - Elite Eight

2008 CHA Champion
                2006 CHA RS Champion
                2005 CHA RS Champion
                2004 CHA Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                  Let's see here, the unions have kept American businesses competitive in the steel industry... oh wait; how about the textile industry... oh wait; how about the machine tool industry... nope; how about the auto industry... no again; and on and on... let's see how many jobs the unions have "saved or created"??? What was once necessary is now just an overbloated bureaucracy trying to save their own overpaid jobs. How can you possibly equate the skill required to throw a fender on a Ford to that of a college grad skill requirement with the associated costs of acquiring that education yet the fender thrower gets paid more. It certainly isn't because of his "value added" to the product. It's because they have certain businesses by the throat until they are finally moved off shore... besides, most of those people that would work in those extreme hazards you mentioned shouldn't even be here!!! I just couldn't resist... Now for the retort...
                  Douglas ... LOVE IT! Hey, I gotta ask, was my email to you today inspiration for this or just moral support? See 'ya tomorrow at the VBC.

aka ... 5-hole

Comment

Here's a comment that our PA contingent may appreciate. While looking at Wikipedia, I saw that Cambria County War Memorial Arena still exists and that the Johnstown Chiefs still play there.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnstown_Chiefs
                    Has anyone here seen a game there? That would have been a great place for a CHA tournament!

J-town is actually my home turf. I grew up on Cresson Mountain, which basically splits the difference between the Flood City and Altoona.

The War Memorial is a pretty decent old barn. They renovated it a few years back, adding a 'party deck' at the Zamboni doors. They re-did the lighting and sound, which were in DESPARATE need of getting replaced.

Still has it quirks. Like the 'drop' to get on the ice from the locker room ramp.

Darn it TN, now I'm getting misty eyed from the memories. I'm going to have to go watch Slap Shot now, to fill in the old gaps in the memory.
                    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

If this were a facebook status, I would click 'LIKE'. About a thousand times!!
                      Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

pretty much sums it up douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                          J-town is actually my home turf. I grew up on Cresson Mountain, which basically splits the difference between the Flood City and Altoona.

The War Memorial is a pretty decent old barn. They renovated it a few years back, adding a 'party deck' at the Zamboni doors. They re-did the lighting and sound, which were in DESPARATE need of getting replaced.

Still has it quirks. Like the 'drop' to get on the ice from the locker room ramp.

Darn it TN, now I'm getting misty eyed from the memories. I'm going to have to go watch Slap Shot now, to fill in the old gaps in the memory.
                          Spydey, FYI - it was before your time but I used to watch the old predecessor Johnstown team (the Jets of the EHL) when they were on the road visiting our barn, the Clinton Arena. I got a chance to visit the Arena in November, first time I had been inside there since ... 1970? It had not changed much except that they actually had permanent seats and glass. When I used to go there, the seating was either just the concrete in the end zones or wooden chairs on the sides (which on occasion ended up on the ice when a fight would break out). And there was no glass along the sides, and only wire screen in the end zones. Those were the days!

The place actually looked pretty good. And it smelled great - like a hockey rink should!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Here's John's series preview story for BSU-Robert Morris:
                            http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/.../id/100015362/

And a video report link to BSU players Brad Hunt, Jordan George and Chris McKelvie talking about last week's sweep at UMD and playing Robert Morris this weekend:
                            http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...41/group/home/

Have a great weekend!

-Eric

Comment

At what wage, for how many hours a week, and with what hazards?
                              Then, what happens if there is someone more desperate than you who's willing to work for less $, work more hours, and risk more hazards??
                              Then, what happens if there is someone else who's even more desperate who's willing to work for even less $, work even more hours, and risk even more hazards???
                              ????

Comment

I'm gonna start neg-repping people here in a minute.

The only union worth discussing here is the NHLPA. Discuss.

GO BIG BLUE! Finally home hockey again. I'm wearing my Wyatt Russell jersey today.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X