Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Anyone know the reason for the strange start times of the Niagara at UAH games Friday 5:35 and Saturday 3:05? RMU does it again later at UAH but those are for a Saturday and Sunday series which makes sense.
    This is everything you need to know when asking questions re: UAH and odd start times:

http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...untsvillehavoc

Note:
    Friday 1/29 - 8:30 p.m. vs. Fayetteville
    Saturday 1/30 - 7:35 p.m. vs. Louisiana
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Does that make it a doubleheader or is it different admissions. How do they determine attendance if a doubleheader?

Comment

They don't clear the building...so I don't know how they figure out attendance.

Comment

Union concerns at the BREC:

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/...e/id/100015348

AHA:
          ECAC:

Comment

BSU is the College Hockey News Team of the Week:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new.../28_teamof.php
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
              This is everything you need to know when asking questions re: UAH and odd start times:

http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...untsvillehavoc

Note:
              Friday 1/29 - 8:30 p.m. vs. Fayetteville
              Saturday 1/30 - 7:35 p.m. vs. Louisiana
              Looking deeper,
              http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...keith-jeffries
              The CCHA alluded to this as one of their concerns; it concerns me too.
              The sad thing is that UAH could have been the VBC "partner", but fear of right-wing elements on the board of trustees prevented the UAH administration from allowing alcohol to get out of the VBC basement. By the time the new UAH administration finally agreed to allow beer in the arena, the VBC/Havoc partnership was well entrenched. Although I find this public/private partnership unsavory at best, ..it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                Looking deeper,
                http://huntsvillehavoc.pointstreaksi...keith-jeffries
                The CCHA alluded to this as one of their concerns; it concerns me too.
                The sad thing is that UAH could have been the VBC "partner", but fear of right-wing elements on the board of trustees prevented the UAH administration from allowing alcohol to get out of the VBC basement. By the time the new UAH administration finally agreed to allow beer in the arena, the VBC/Havoc partnership was well entrenched. Although I find this public/private partnership unsavory at best, ..it happens.
                I made comments this past summer (post CCHA denial) about the VBC issues, and have always been told that UAH "would be able" to play at 7 pm Fri and Sat if they were to get into that league. I still maintain that if that's the case, why not do it now as a CHA team, or next year as an independant and I'm just suggesting this - no idea if the schedule will be that way for '10-'11. BSU's two for next year are listed as 7:07 p.m. Fri and Sat on the tentative '10-'11 schedule...), just to prove that the VBC supports UAH? Until that happens, the perception will remain that UAH will always play second fiddle to the Havoc...
                Last edited by moose97; 01-28-2010, 10:15 AM.

AHA:
                ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
                  They don't clear the building...so I don't know how they figure out attendance.
                  If the time between games is long enough, they might clear the building. They might clear it for the Saturday game. On Friday, they will probably ask if you're staying for the Havoc game and give you a general admission ticket for it. Again I use "probably" because they often change modes of operation. They generally scan the general admission ticket when they hand it to you. No reentry is allowed, so if they don't issue g. a. tickets you're stuck there if you want to see the Havoc. The same is true if they scan the g.a. ticket. If I can get g. a. tickets without them being scanned, then we might return to have a beer (or two) and watch the third (and maybe second) period(s).

Comment

******* the Havoc.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Here's a comment that our PA contingent may appreciate. While looking at Wikipedia, I saw that Cambria County War Memorial Arena still exists and that the Johnstown Chiefs still play there.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnstown_Chiefs
                      Has anyone here seen a game there? That would have been a great place for a CHA tournament!

Comment

Can't go wrong with unions...

If they wont do the work, they sure as heck better get someone to do the work. If the opening is delay, that'll be a nice black eye for the team and city, hope it gets resolved very soon
                        -BSU Jake

Comment

I hope they get all this resolved pretty quick because that will slow everything down quite a bit. Hopefully not to the point of having it done late for the start of the Hockey season. I have an Idea, if they wanna strike, I'm not working right now and would gladly love to work at the BREC. If they don't want to work with what they're given then we should find people that do.

Comment

Was surfing the net and found this today. Team of the week! Bemidji State Heres a link to the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
                              ... I'm not working right now and would gladly love to work at the BREC. ...
                              At what wage, for how many hours a week, and with what hazards?
                              Then, what happens if there is someone more desperate than you who's willing to work for less $, work more hours, and risk more hazards??
                              Then, what happens if there is someone else who's even more desperate who's willing to work for even less $, work even more hours, and risk even more hazards???
                              ????

Comment

Originally posted by Nate86 View Post
                                Was surfing the net and found this today. Team of the week! Bemidji State Heres a link to the article.

Old news, post #830
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X