Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CHA Thoughts and Prognostications: Year 11, The Finale...

Bemidji State win 5-4 in OT! what a sweeeep that was.

Comment

wow. what a game. congrats to the beavs!!!!

Comment

I need to know something about overtime and points. When a game goes to overtime do both teams get a point if no one scores in overtime? And if there is a shoot out such as the CCHA how do they assign points?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
          I need to know something about overtime and points. When a game goes to overtime do both teams get a point if no one scores in overtime? And if there is a shoot out such as the CCHA how do they assign points?

Thanks.
          No points in non-conference games, you can say if you had a win and a tie "we picked up 3 points this weekend", but they don't count toward anything, only conference games count. Only shootouts for points in the CCHA, and i think if a team plays a CCHA team, like the Beavs vs Northern Michigan, and W. Michigan? they can have a exhibition shootout like they did vs W. Michigan, but not vs Northern Michigan, but no points for that. I would guess as far as how the CCHA assigns points, probably like the NHL, where each team gets a point at the end of OT, and they play for the extra one. NCAA recognizes CCHA shootout results as ties because they are the only conference who uses it, i would hope all of D1 goes to SO, but we'll see.
          -BSU Jake

Comment

Saturdat Night in the CHA:

BSU 5 - UMD 4 OT: Looks like the Beavs have got it back on track as they broke out the brooms and humbled the Dogs!!! 4 points to the Greenies.

NU 3 - QU 3: The Purps and QPac skate to the tie thanks to a 3rd period rally by the Purps. The Eagles got 3 of the 4 points on the weekend.

RMU 3 - Colgate 3: Bobby Mo hung in with the lead until less than a minute to go. The Raiders get the 3 points in this matchup.
            Doug
            UAH 1974
            Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
            Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
            Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
            Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
            Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Updated PairWise, and BSU is up to #3, sure helps to sweep the #4 team in the country . Not that the rankings mean anything in the end, but i wonder where the Beavers end up, were #14 last week, I would think we go into the Top 10
              -BSU Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Nels1jac View Post
                I would guess as far as how the CCHA assigns points, probably like the NHL, where each team gets a point at the end of OT, and they play for the extra one. NCAA recognizes CCHA shootout results as ties because they are the only conference who uses it, i would hope all of D1 goes to SO, but we'll see.
                Actually, the CCHA awards 3 pts for a win (as of this year) in regulation or OT, 2 for an shoot-out win, and 1 pt. for a shoot-out loss. Also, the CCHA is considering going the oposit direction, and dropping the shoot-out...
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  Actually, the CCHA awards 3 pts for a win (as of this year) in regulation or OT, 2 for an shoot-out win, and 1 pt. for a shoot-out loss. Also, the CCHA is considering going the oposit direction, and dropping the shoot-out...
                  That sure is an odd way to go with it. I like the NHL's shootout rules, each team gets a point for going to OT, and plays for the 2nd point in OT/SO. I know the Women's WCHA has a SO, do they award points the same way as the CCHA?
                  -BSU Jake

Comment

That sure is an odd way to go with it. I like the NHL's shootout rules, each team gets a point for going to OT, and plays for the 2nd point in OT/SO. I know the Women's WCHA has a SO, do they award points the same way as the CCHA?
                    No, the WWCHA is like the NHL. This issue was/is that some games are worth more than 2 pts (i.e. that the winner gets 2 pts and the SO loser gets 1, while in a game without a SO, that game is worth only 2 pts.) The CCHA's way, every game is worth the same (3 pts. to a winner, or 2 pts to a SO winner and 1 to a SO loser) no matter what...
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Congrats to BSU on their takedown of Duluth!

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

We went to both BSU/UMD games this weekend. Good showing of Beaver Backers in Duluth, despite the weather. There was a pre-game Beaver Pride social at the Sports Garden, and you could definitely hear the Green during the game.

It was a blast to be at both games - the OT win in Duluth's barn was very sweet - and I'm glad I blew my BSU picks last weekend! Not too bad of a drive there and pretty easy drive home to Bemidji.

Hopefully, there won't be a let-down game vs Bob this weekend.
                        Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                          We went to both BSU/UMD games this weekend. Good showing of Beaver Backers in Duluth, despite the weather. There was a pre-game Beaver Pride social at the Sports Garden, and you could definitely hear the Green during the game.

It was a blast to be at both games - the OT win in Duluth's barn was very sweet - and I'm glad I blew my BSU picks last weekend! Not too bad of a drive there and pretty easy drive home to Bemidji.

Hopefully, there won't be a let-down game vs Bob this weekend.
                          Would have loved to gone to either game this weekend. Can't imagine what the Glas was like with what, 2,400 i saw posted? For the haters of the BREC project and thinking that the place won't get full, are totally wrong. Fans realize what the good games vs good teams are and they will show up. Not to knock Niagara/RM/ALA-Huntsville, but the U, UMD, UND etc look a lot more attractive! When do tickets become available for next year again?
                          -BSU Jake

Comment

Would have loved to gone to either game this weekend. Can't imagine what the Glas was like with what, 2,400 i saw posted? For the haters of the BREC project and thinking that the place won't get full, are totally wrong. Fans realize what the good games vs good teams are and they will show up. Not to knock Niagara/RM/ALA-Huntsville, but the U, UMD, UND etc look a lot more attractive! When do tickets become available for next year again?
                            WCHA teams travel very well, and if the amount of Beaver fans at the DECC was considered "nice", you can pretty much double/triple that when other teams come to Bemidji the first few times...and the worse we are playing, the more they will come.

I was at Gophers/Huskies Friday night and Beavs/UMD Saturday. Very nice weekend for me to see (until Sunday around 5:40 pm). Beavs never quit! LOVE IT!
                            The Sickest Hockey Goal Ever!

Comment

This weeks CHA Games: Jan 29-30, 2010

NU @ UAH (2): Split
                              RMU @ BSU (2): BSU Sweep
                              Doug
                              UAH 1974
                              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                                This weeks CHA Games: Jan 29-30, 2010

NU @ UAH (2): Split
                                RMU @ BSU (2): BSU Sweep
                                What he said.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X