X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAAPhotos
    replied
    Re: Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

WOoo College hockey on TV this friday!!!! (stuck in Juneau)

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Does anyone know if they are selling single game tickets or two game sessions?

Leave a comment:

• UAA Seawolves Fan
    replied

Originally posted by iceczar65 View Post
    Mercyhurst dumped its starting goaltender after the following weekend after last years 2nd weekend tournament in alaska. Zopalksi who replace is a top notch goalie and will be a big change from you saw last year. MC lost 5 seniors to graduation included several top scorers. However, talented and seasoned defenseman who will move the puck well and forwards who are very fast. I expect both games to be good, however, coach likes to use preseason games as experiement with lines and different penalty kills and power play units. Looking forward to a good weekend.
    Thanks for the update! I look forward to seeing the improved Mercyhurst squad. I hope they can do better than last year's tourney, which it sounds like it could be a good possibility that they will. Good luck on Saturday night!

btw: Know of any fans coming to the games? I couldn't remember for sure if I saw some in Squarebanks last year or not...

Leave a comment:

• UAA Seawolves Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    The Sullivan Arena has a small booth set up for buying UAA souvenirs and clothing items. They should have some UAA pins. I will try to find one of mine around here in case they don't.
    Let me know if you don't find any and I can probably come up with something.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    wT, you should clarify that it's the 18 year old freshmen sitting in the student section that thinks you are "old". It's a relative term, ya know.

Nice general summary about Michigan. The biggest loss was the early departure of Aaron Palushaj, who would have had been a Junior. Big offensive loss, especially paired with Louie Caporusso.

Michigan brings in a solid core of experienced defensemen and a a goaltender who finally can take the reins for the next two years. The offense will score in spurts- hopefully the third and fourth lines supported by incoming freshmen will round out a fast and aggressive attack. The PP and PK units will need to improve from last year, especially with the losses of key Seniors that were primary on the PK. The team is not huge, but there is some size on the edges. The defense is also not imposing, rather several of them like to jump up into the rush. The team was snakebit at the end of last season, put up a ton of shots and could not finish.

It will be a good test in Alaska, where the Wolverines have not dominated as in the past. It should be an indicator of where they really stand against solid teams- and whether they really deserve some of the lofty poll rankings that are floating around.

Go Blue!
    The Sullivan Arena has a small booth set up for buying UAA souvenirs and clothing items. They should have some UAA pins. I will try to find one of mine around here in case they don't.

Leave a comment:

• iceczar65
    replied

Mercyhurst dumped its starting goaltender after the following weekend after last years 2nd weekend tournament in alaska. Zopalksi who replace is a top notch goalie and will be a big change from you saw last year. MC lost 5 seniors to graduation included several top scorers. However, talented and seasoned defenseman who will move the puck well and forwards who are very fast. I expect both games to be good, however, coach likes to use preseason games as experiement with lines and different penalty kills and power play units. Looking forward to a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Cool, I'm a youngster. Whereas at Yost people think I'm old....since I graduated 5 years ago and still sit in the student section.

Myself and my friends will be up for the games (5 of us I believe). Can't wait!
    If you see our group come say "hi". We'll be the group of Michigan fans in their 20s. My one friend has a maize jersey with '98' as the number and typically a bunch of pins on it. Should be easy to spot. Speaking of, do any UAA fans know where he could get a UAA pin? The pins on his jersey are for every school/frozen four we've seen Michigan play at.

West Texas Wolverine has also mentioned that he'll be up for the games.

I'm looking forward to the games. I think Michigan will have a fairly solid team this year. We've got Hogan returning in goal, and only lost 1 defensemen (who only played a couple games last year anyway due to injury). We've lost a few forwards from last season, but have some great players returning and some excellent freshman coming in.

My concern for the Wolverines right now is special teams. My favorite penalty killers have graduated, and it may take this team awhile before the new power play and penalty kill units click.
    wT, you should clarify that it's the 18 year old freshmen sitting in the student section that thinks you are "old". It's a relative term, ya know.

Nice general summary about Michigan. The biggest loss was the early departure of Aaron Palushaj, who would have had been a Junior. Big offensive loss, especially paired with Louie Caporusso.

Michigan brings in a solid core of experienced defensemen and a a goaltender who finally can take the reins for the next two years. The offense will score in spurts- hopefully the third and fourth lines supported by incoming freshmen will round out a fast and aggressive attack. The PP and PK units will need to improve from last year, especially with the losses of key Seniors that were primary on the PK. The team is not huge, but there is some size on the edges. The defense is also not imposing, rather several of them like to jump up into the rush. The team was snakebit at the end of last season, put up a ton of shots and could not finish.

It will be a good test in Alaska, where the Wolverines have not dominated as in the past. It should be an indicator of where they really stand against solid teams- and whether they really deserve some of the lofty poll rankings that are floating around.

Go Blue!

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Thanks for starting the thread! There are about five Michigan fans coming up, a bunch of youngsters ...

I hope UAA is confident about their chances, I certainly am! It will be a great test for them.
    Cool, I'm a youngster. Whereas at Yost people think I'm old....since I graduated 5 years ago and still sit in the student section.

Myself and my friends will be up for the games (5 of us I believe). Can't wait!
    If you see our group come say "hi". We'll be the group of Michigan fans in their 20s. My one friend has a maize jersey with '98' as the number and typically a bunch of pins on it. Should be easy to spot. Speaking of, do any UAA fans know where he could get a UAA pin? The pins on his jersey are for every school/frozen four we've seen Michigan play at.

West Texas Wolverine has also mentioned that he'll be up for the games.

I'm looking forward to the games. I think Michigan will have a fairly solid team this year. We've got Hogan returning in goal, and only lost 1 defensemen (who only played a couple games last year anyway due to injury). We've lost a few forwards from last season, but have some great players returning and some excellent freshman coming in.

My concern for the Wolverines right now is special teams. My favorite penalty killers have graduated, and it may take this team awhile before the new power play and penalty kill units click.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

The press release can be found here:

http://snipurl.com/scm7j

There was some question about the games being on TV, and which radio station they were being aired on. The release says:

Radio: KTZN 550 AM—Kurt Haider (play-by-play)
    Television: GCI - Both UAA games live
    Live Stats: Available at GoSeawolves.com for all four games

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    Did not see any thread started for the tournament, so here it is.....need some feed back from Michigan and Mercyhurst....UA_ also......cept we don't play you yet.......

Anyone coming up for the tourney........
    Thanks for starting the thread! There are about five Michigan fans coming up, a bunch of youngsters ...

I hope UAA is confident about their chances, I certainly am! It will be a great test for them.

Leave a comment:

• UAA Seawolves Fan
    replied

I can't wait to see UAA/Michigan. I think it should be a pretty close game. UAF might have their hands full with Michigan, but I doubt Mercyhurst to be much of a problem unless they've changed drastically since last season's Brice Classic.

Sounds like there will be at least 5 Michigan fans. I seem to recall several Mercyhurtst fans last year in Squreabanks but I might be wrong on that one. UAF fans haven;t been very numerous the last couple seasons (at least not like it had been for a long time...). Interesting to see how many locals show up for the games.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

I don't expect UAF to beat Michigan at this point; too many kinks still being worked out. UAA/Michigan should be intriguing, as was alluded to on our season thread. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Seawolves get up for this one.

Can't really speak to Mercyhurst one way or another; they lost to both of us in the Brice last year but are picked to finish highly in their conference this year.

Leave a comment:

• ninelives
    started a topic Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Did not see any thread started for the tournament, so here it is.....need some feed back from Michigan and Mercyhurst....UA_ also......cept we don't play you yet.......

Anyone coming up for the tourney........
Working...
X