Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Word was there was plenty of them last night, too. And honestly, I think the fights are a big reason the Aces outdraw UAA.
    Again..........................not to be an arse.......................the Aces win consistently. That goes for both Alaska squads. I know the Ice dogs are only Jr A, but they do not out draw the Nooks even though they fight. Again they aren't pro, but they fight. If oyou want to draw a crowd, win. Simply win. If the Nooks and the Wolves won their respective leagues or finished in the top four every year, they would pack their houses. JMO.
    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Yup. Didn't JJ start a fight just a few seconds into the game? Such a bush league.
      I know you're a Wolves supporter. Call the ECHL what you want, but it is a decent league. Most guys on both our squads will only make it this far. Just cause you're a Wolves fan doesn’t mean you should knock the ECHL. There are the typical fights, but there are some very skilled guys that can, and will make it to the next level (or beyond). A-town just needs to find a happy median between what the Aces and wolves provide. Win, and they will come. Just ask the current Aces, and the Wolves of the early 90's.
      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
        The fights might be what try the crowds, but I could go to Thursday night at the fights or something of the sort versus paying all of the associated to fees to watch "Ballerinas on Ice". Its a joke that its even called hockey! I'll stick with the NHL for a true example of professional hockey.
        Alask Fighting Championships. Crappy MMA fighting > crappy boxing.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
          The fights might be what try the crowds, but I could go to Thursday night at the fights or something of the sort versus paying all of the associated to fees to watch "Ballerinas on Ice". Its a joke that its even called hockey! I'll stick with the NHL for a true example of professional hockey.
          Been to a dozen or so NHL games, and they fight. I will be at one in three weeks, and they will fight. I've seen Sidney, Alex, and Evgeni...........................incredibly skilled...................they are protected by big arse goons…………………….who fight. It is a part of hockey. Deep down, even the college fans wish there was a fight aleast once a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            Yup, supposedly right away. Most of those fights are staged, anyway. They know that's what brings people into the stands. Ice Dogs are the same way...hell I think all of minor league/junior hockey is that way.
            I have played, and have friends who have played Jr hockey. Most fights are not staged. Not saying some aren't, but most aren't. How many Dogs games do you make it to in a year? Be honest. Most fights are not right from the start. Again not saying some aren't staged.

Comment

Wolves fans................fighting or not, winning will plant butts in seats. You guys.........*gulp* have a very good coach, and are *gulp* heading in the right direction............ohhhhhh that pains me to say that...............win, and the Sully will fill up. I am originally from Pittsburgh, and am a Pens fan. I was there when you could get a $15 ticket.........before Sid and Geno, they win now, and no longer can you find a $15 ticket. Knocking the Aces will do no good!
              Last edited by Rms123; 10-09-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                Wolves fans................fighting or not, winning will plant butts in seats. You guys.........*gulp* have a very good coach, and are *gulp* heading in the right direction............ohhhhhh that pains me to say that...............win, and the Sully will fill up. I am originally from Pittsburgh, and am a Pens fan. I was there when you could get a $15 ticket.........before Sid and Geno, they win now, and no longer can you find a $15 ticket. Knocking the Aces will do no good!
                I went to a Pens game couple weeks ago (got $15 ticket, talk about nose bleed) @ the end they only had 13 players left. There were non stop fights.

Comment

Just saying it's dishonest. If you can live with that and justify it go for it, but don't tell others to do the same.
                  What are you the UAA "morals cop" be very careful before throwing stones at glass houses.

Comment

Just got my mail and still no season tickets. Not a great way to start the season. How about you ninelives and uaaseawolves fan? Did you get yours yet?
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                      What are you the UAA "morals cop" be very careful before throwing stones at glass houses.
                      I see you didn't deny your suggestion is dishonest. The first step toward recovery is to recognize the problem. So good to see you are on the right track!
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I am not a fan of the Aces because they win, and I fail to see what being a UAA fan has to do with anything. I dislike the Aces because the fans are rude and I'm not a fan of the fights. I have been to NHL games, AHL games, and hockey games of leagues that I don't follow. Out of the hundreds of professional games that I have witness, I have never seen as many fights as at ECHL games. Regardless of who I support in college hockey, I'm just not a fan of what the Aces are selling. It's just my opinion, doesnt mean you have to agree

and I won't even begin to deny that winning has a great deal to filling seats. The Aces have done that recently and it shows in attendance. Hopefully with time, UAA can return to a stature similar to the Seawolves teams of the early 90's.
                        Last edited by UAA Seawolves Fan; 10-09-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I see you didn't deny your suggestion is dishonest. The first step toward recovery is to recognize the problem. So good to see you are on the right track!
                          I have been in recovery for about three years, that's when I recognized you as a problem.

Comment

and when he fudges on the parking fee...I bet a used couch and some beat up lawn chairs he parks back by the "mini box stores" and does some old school _airbanks dumpster diving on the way to the arena.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              and when he fudges on the parking fee...I bet a used couch and some beat up lawn chairs he parks back by the "mini box stores" and does some old school _airbanks dumpster diving on the way to the arena.
                              Great, there go all my secrets, nanook fans in town I'll be lucky to get a half empty beer bottle, or a half smoked cigarette.

Comment

Ye gods, not this crap again about Aces and attendance. give it a rest.

Not sure why everyone thinks we'll do so well in the classic when we're ranked so low in the INCH power poll. #5 Michigan #23 Mercyhurst #30 UAF #38 UAA

I'll be happy if we can get 2 points at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X