X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA Seawolves Fan
    replied
    Re: Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

The fights might be what try the crowds, but I could go to Thursday night at the fights or something of the sort versus paying all of the associated to fees to watch "Ballerinas on Ice". Its a joke that its even called hockey! I'll stick with the NHL for a true example of professional hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Yup. Didn't JJ start a fight just a few seconds into the game? Such a bush league.
    Yup, supposedly right away. Most of those fights are staged, anyway. They know that's what brings people into the stands. Ice Dogs are the same way...hell I think all of minor league/junior hockey is that way.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Word was there was plenty of them last night, too. And honestly, I think the fights are a big reason the Aces outdraw UAA.
    Yup. Didn't JJ start a fight just a few seconds into the game? Such a bush league.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    Sure, thats the reason, or maybe they want to make more money? Concessions in the Sully keep going up is that because people are not using them or refusing to pay their prices, or do they want to make money? Econ 101 raise prices until people don't park there then lower them. They will charge whatever the market will pay, I don't pay, and I will never be a booster, but it's nice that you can afford to be one.
    I usually park at that church on 15th and Cordova and walk down. My boss always parks at the Crazy Horse and plays Frogger across Gambell Street. $6 for uncovered parking at that arena is a rip.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    That’s why I have come to the conclusion most of them show up for “Beer & a Fight”
    Word was there was plenty of them last night, too. And honestly, I think the fights are a big reason the Aces outdraw UAA.
    Last edited by Squarebanks; 10-08-2009, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

I believe so, but we are boosters and get free parking so I can't be positive about that.

Nice article in todays ADN about Bryce and Jonnie O.

http://www.adn.com/3530/story/965492.html

Sad to see that the Aces exhibition game made the front page, while UAA's was hidden in the sports section.
    your "free parking" is included in your booster fee............................. nothing is free if you work for a living

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    after working for that squad last year in their promotions department and having to mingle with their fans, i can tell you that 90% of Aces fans don't know squat about college hockey, or that UAA was around before they were.
    That’s why I have come to the conclusion most of them show up for “Beer & a Fight”

Leave a comment:

• seawolfpunk
    replied

after working for that squad last year in their promotions department and having to mingle with their fans, i can tell you that 90% of Aces fans don't know squat about college hockey, or that UAA was around before they were.

Leave a comment:

• UAA Seawolves Fan
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    we're here and I am excited. I can't wait for hockey (but will have to).

My friend sat next to one of the refs on the flight. I sat next to an Aces fan who thanked me for a Michigan State player...I explained that Michigan and Michigan State are different schools. *sigh*
    Welcome to the Last Frontier! Hope you enjoy your time here. Weather isn;t exactly the best but its traditional October weather. UAA/UAF fans actually get quite a bit of the same confusion. It seems that a good number of college hockey fans dont realize that there are 2 college hockey teams in the state

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

we're here and I am excited. I can't wait for hockey (but will have to).

My friend sat next to one of the refs on the flight. I sat next to an Aces fan who thanked me for a Michigan State player...I explained that Michigan and Michigan State are different schools. *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Sure, thats the reason, or maybe they want to make more money? Concessions in the Sully keep going up is that because people are not using them or refusing to pay their prices, or do they want to make money? Econ 101 raise prices until people don't park there then lower them. They will charge whatever the market will pay, I don't pay, and I will never be a booster, but it's nice that you can afford to be one.
    Just saying it's dishonest. If you can live with that and justify it go for it, but don't tell others to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

People doing that is probably why they are charging more.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Just tell them you're going to the football game, they will not charge you.
    People doing that is probably why they are charging more.

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
    Well I posted my predictions on the Nooks season thread, and didn't get much discussion. So I'll repost it here, to see what people think.

Quick stab at predictions for the upcoming weekend in A-town.

Oct. 9
    Michigan vs. Alaska Fairbanks
    I'm going with Michigan 4-1. I love the nooks, but think UMich is going to be too big, too fast, and to skilled for us. If anything maybe a closer score, but I don't think we will pull this off. I'm hoping for a different outcome than what my prediction is.

Mercyhurst vs. UAA
    I'm going with UAA 5-2 in this one. The Lakers played the Seawolves tough at the CC last year (6-4), but this game is at the Sully, and well the Lakers aren't going to win. I will say that I think the game will be close until about the half way point, at which time UAA will step on the accelerator. They will score a special team goal, and open it up.

Oct. 10
    Mercyhurst vs. Alaska Fairbanks
    I'm going with the Nooks 4-1. This game will cap off another tough trip to the Last Frontier for the Lakers. After this game, I'm guessing they'll think twice, before making the long trip north again. The Lakers struggled with our speed last year, and we took it to them pretty good (5-0). Unless they added a few new speedy players, they again will struggle with our speed.

Michigan vs. UAA
    This one is an interesting matchup in my opinion. I'm going with UMICH 3-2. I think the Seawolves can bang with the Wolverines. Actually they are probably the only team in the tourney that can. I also think the Seawolves will play tough in front of their home crowd. The only difference in this game is going to be UMich's speed and skill. UMich is lightening fast, and can bury the puck with their eyes closed. The Seawolves are going to need outstanding goal tending, and if they get it, the score will be tight.
    I agree but think UAA/Mercyhurst could be closer. UAA may be looking past them to Michigan, they were down to Mercyhurst in FBX by a couple of goals if I remember right.

Leave a comment:

• birdman
    replied

Just tell them you're going to the football game, they will not charge you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X