Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kendall Classic, Michigan,Mercyhurst,UA_, Uaa

Originally posted by birdman View Post
    Just tell them you're going to the football game, they will not charge you.
    People doing that is probably why they are charging more.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      People doing that is probably why they are charging more.
      Sure, thats the reason, or maybe they want to make more money? Concessions in the Sully keep going up is that because people are not using them or refusing to pay their prices, or do they want to make money? Econ 101 raise prices until people don't park there then lower them. They will charge whatever the market will pay, I don't pay, and I will never be a booster, but it's nice that you can afford to be one.

Comment

Sure, thats the reason, or maybe they want to make more money? Concessions in the Sully keep going up is that because people are not using them or refusing to pay their prices, or do they want to make money? Econ 101 raise prices until people don't park there then lower them. They will charge whatever the market will pay, I don't pay, and I will never be a booster, but it's nice that you can afford to be one.
        Just saying it's dishonest. If you can live with that and justify it go for it, but don't tell others to do the same.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

we're here and I am excited. I can't wait for hockey (but will have to).

My friend sat next to one of the refs on the flight. I sat next to an Aces fan who thanked me for a Michigan State player...I explained that Michigan and Michigan State are different schools. *sigh*
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            we're here and I am excited. I can't wait for hockey (but will have to).

My friend sat next to one of the refs on the flight. I sat next to an Aces fan who thanked me for a Michigan State player...I explained that Michigan and Michigan State are different schools. *sigh*
            Welcome to the Last Frontier! Hope you enjoy your time here. Weather isn;t exactly the best but its traditional October weather. UAA/UAF fans actually get quite a bit of the same confusion. It seems that a good number of college hockey fans dont realize that there are 2 college hockey teams in the state

Comment

after working for that squad last year in their promotions department and having to mingle with their fans, i can tell you that 90% of Aces fans don't know squat about college hockey, or that UAA was around before they were.
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                after working for that squad last year in their promotions department and having to mingle with their fans, i can tell you that 90% of Aces fans don't know squat about college hockey, or that UAA was around before they were.
                That’s why I have come to the conclusion most of them show up for “Beer & a Fight”
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I believe so, but we are boosters and get free parking so I can't be positive about that.

Nice article in todays ADN about Bryce and Jonnie O.

http://www.adn.com/3530/story/965492.html

Sad to see that the Aces exhibition game made the front page, while UAA's was hidden in the sports section.
                  your "free parking" is included in your booster fee............................. nothing is free if you work for a living
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    That’s why I have come to the conclusion most of them show up for “Beer & a Fight”
                    Word was there was plenty of them last night, too. And honestly, I think the fights are a big reason the Aces outdraw UAA.
                    Last edited by Squarebanks; 10-08-2009, 08:28 PM.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I usually park at that church on 15th and Cordova and walk down. My boss always parks at the Crazy Horse and plays Frogger across Gambell Street. $6 for uncovered parking at that arena is a rip.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Word was there was plenty of them last night, too. And honestly, I think the fights are a big reason the Aces outdraw UAA.
                        Yup. Didn't JJ start a fight just a few seconds into the game? Such a bush league.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yup. Didn't JJ start a fight just a few seconds into the game? Such a bush league.
                          Yup, supposedly right away. Most of those fights are staged, anyway. They know that's what brings people into the stands. Ice Dogs are the same way...hell I think all of minor league/junior hockey is that way.

Comment

The fights might be what try the crowds, but I could go to Thursday night at the fights or something of the sort versus paying all of the associated to fees to watch "Ballerinas on Ice". Its a joke that its even called hockey! I'll stick with the NHL for a true example of professional hockey.

Comment

your "free parking" is included in your booster fee............................. nothing is free if you work for a living
                              Amen.
                              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Fight or not, winning helps. I don't say this to be an ***, but if both our schools won on a consistent basis, and won something meaningful, the crowds would be there. Simply put.........................winners win.
                                All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Working...
                                X