Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac @ St. Cloud State - 10/29-10/30

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Man you are like a pimp begging someone to #u#K your whore.....
    Just trying to follow the boss's wishes. There are two events for my wife and I Friday night. One I want to attend, the other not as much but I'm obligated. If I REALLY wanted to get rid of my tickets there are about a dozen ways I could accomplish that, but at least posting it here and on DaHuskies makes me feel better that I tried. If nobody takes my offer, I'll go to the game and at least I'll have a good reason not to go to the lame event.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
      I stand by what I said. They looked sharp on the PP. Especially on Friday. They cycled well and had the goalies moving laterally. They just need to finish. That's why I said I like them to shoot without the hesitation. This will come with confidence. Sunday, Patterson robbed us of a couple goals easy.
      Hmmm... I'm not someone to get on these boards and tell someone they don't know what they're talking about, so maybe you say something I didn't, but honestly they looked pressured on the PP, like they felt they HAD to score... they looked better all weekend 5x5. And Patterson made some saves, he didn't "rob" us much. We put too many in a position for him to make a save. Guys like Roe, Hano and LeBlanc can place the puck where Kent Patterson doesn't have a prayer.

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
      Wanna buy my tickets? $40 face value for the pair... I'll let you have them for $30.
      Well I'll be nice and give you the chance to skip your event. I actually have a much better deal than $30 for a pair.... a couple beers for a borrowed ID and a spot in the student section where I belong.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Hmmm... I'm not someone to get on these boards and tell someone they don't know what they're talking about, so maybe you say something I didn't, but honestly they looked pressured on the PP, like they felt they HAD to score... they looked better all weekend 5x5. And Patterson made some saves, he didn't "rob" us much. We put too many in a position for him to make a save. Guys like Roe, Hano and LeBlanc can place the puck where Kent Patterson doesn't have a prayer.
        If you look at the stats and score sheets, the PP is struggling. If you watch the actual games there are thing they are doing quite well. Definitely room for improvement I agree. But to say they are terrible on the PP is a bit extreme. Early in the season you can't get hung up on stats. Teams clicking at 40% on the PP will not be at 40% in March and conversely.

Comment

If you look at the stats and score sheets, the PP is struggling. If you watch the actual games there are thing they are doing quite well. Definitely room for improvement I agree. But to say they are terrible on the PP is a bit extreme. Early in the season you can't get hung up on stats. Teams clicking at 40% on the PP will not be at 40% in March and conversely.
          Remember, stats are for losers, according to the llama. One year we had a PP clicking at over 70% early, until the llama and his systems fixed it.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Sure wish the llama would get back into coaching...the No. Dak. program needs fixing, don't ya think? All they want to do is get revenge for other hockey teams hitting them. I think the Llama would teach doz boys to play nice and play for ther split!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
              Sure wish the llama would get back into coaching...the No. Dak. program needs fixing, don't ya think? All they want to do is get revenge for other hockey teams hitting them. I think the Llama would teach doz boys to play nice and play for ther split!

Funny you mentioned this. I was looking at the box score from the Maine/UND game. In Friday's game they had 3 elbowing calls, a boarding call, and a game misconduct for contact to the head. There were a few hits after the whistle called as well. This is why the have had trouble playing outside of the WCHA. They get called on a lot more questionable hits and spend a lot of time in the box. They are a good team...no question. But if WCHA refs called games like other conferences do, they would have to clean it up drastically.

Comment

I'm not just a stat chaser, I watched both of the Gopher games in person. Yeah, they cycled the puck a lot, but its about finishing or at least getting off quality shots, and they weren't doing that enough. I've seen a lot of teams over the past decade who make a lot of passes but then don't get a good shot on net in the end, so what good is that?
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'm not just a stat chaser, I watched both of the Gopher games in person. Yeah, they cycled the puck a lot, but its about finishing or at least getting off quality shots, and they weren't doing that enough. I've seen a lot of teams over the past decade who make a lot of passes but then don't get a good shot on net in the end, so what good is that?
                  Agreed. The huskies shot selection last weekend made me think they wanted the shots blocked.

Comment

Funny you mentioned this. I was looking at the box score from the Maine/UND game. In Friday's game they had 3 elbowing calls, a boarding call, and a game misconduct for contact to the head. There were a few hits after the whistle called as well. This is why the have had trouble playing outside of the WCHA. They get called on a lot more questionable hits and spend a lot of time in the box. They are a good team...no question. But if WCHA refs called games like other conferences do, they would have to clean it up drastically.
                    Speaking of questionable hits and contact to the head, did anyone else see what appeared to be Aaron Ness elbowing Dan Dunn in the head while making a save on a rush to the net during the game on Sunday? To add insult to injury, the camera followed Ness to the bench where it appeared that he was smerking to another goofer and joking about the shot he took on Dan. Did I miss something? Why not at least a major penalty on that play?

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      Speaking of questionable hits and contact to the head, did anyone else see what appeared to be Aaron Ness elbowing Dan Dunn in the head while making a save on a rush to the net during the game on Sunday? To add insult to injury, the camera followed Ness to the bench where it appeared that he was smerking to another goofer and joking about the shot he took on Dan. Did I miss something? Why not at least a major penalty on that play?
                      You are correct!
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

He knows if he would have tried that on Lee that Mike would have beat his ***** over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                          Oooh, that big meanie!

Comment

Wow Euro, you are actually making sense this week.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Maybe this is what their new nickname ought to be: "Dirt bags" or "cheap shots"
                              There is Hope . . .

Comment

He knows if he would have tried that on Lee that Mike would have beat his ***** over the summer.
                                Are you from Bronzeback mountain?
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X