• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Recruits

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Good to hear it straight from Cronin...
    ...he released it (statement that is)..
    Hopefully hoaxy dads everywhere & some of our fanboy friends will find someone else to scare.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

hope so, he produces fun teams to watch.
      if you read what he said though, read a little closer. "Leaving to take unspecified job". Could simply mean nothing in place yet. "Plans on returning", plans do change.

Northeastern University hockey coach Greg Cronin yesterday shot down an unconfirmed report that he was leaving his position with the Huskies to take an unspecified job with an unnamed AHL franchise.

Cronin was tracked down in Innsbruck, Austria, where he was traveling with Team USA while en route to the world championships in Slovakia.

“I have no idea where it’s coming from,” Cronin said. “I have nothing to comment on.”

When asked if he plans to return to NU, Cronin answered simply, “Yes.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZUMgI1oBFM

Sit down councilor

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        there was never an option of him coming back, ever

Remember, you heard it here first. *****http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3729/a1crystalballrd6.gif******
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Remember, you heard it here first.
          Maybe it is a good idea to wait until we actually see Cronin behind the bench at Matthews in October before we declare hokey to be wrong on this one. The guy knows what he is talking far more often than not.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by NUFan2005 View Post
            According the Herald, the rumors are false. Glad someone finally tracked Cronin down.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...ronin_staying/
            It's not on my calendar, but today must National Rumor Squelch Day! We've Seen Obama's birth certificate. We've heard from Cronin. Bernanke is speaking later. What else can we clear up today? Nessie? The Yeti? Any suggestions?

Comment

But of course Nick.. when you have evidence upfront.. move the goal posts.. October it is .
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                But of course Nick.. when you have evidence upfront.. move the goal posts.. October it is .
                Evidence, huh? OOOOOOOOOOOOK.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  It's not a rumor, Cronin is gone. Why would he stay and work for a guy that embarrassed him over a few text messages? The fist AHL job that opens, he is gone, as he should be.
                  From College Hockey News: Northeastern coach Greg Cronin shot down a report that he's leaving the school for an AHL job, according to a report in the Boston Herald. The Herald spoke to Cronin while he is in Austria, traveling with Team USA en route to the World Championships in Slovakia.“I have no idea where it’s coming from,” Cronin told the Herald. “I have nothing to comment on.”Cronin told the paper, emphatically, that he plans to return to Northeastern.

Comment

So who in this next class of recruits is actually highly rated? And with Kurker not going to BU anymore is he on the table? He was originally picking between BU, NU and PC.

Stevens ranked #132 on the final draft list and Darcy was #134
                    Last edited by SkinsFan09; 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

This is one great thread to go back and read 1 year later! Hokydad owned everyone again!
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        So who in this next class of recruits is actually highly rated? And with Kurker not going to BU anymore is he on the table? He was originally picking between BU, NU and PC.

Stevens ranked #132 on the final draft list and Darcy was #134
                        Is Kurker defintely out at BU? NU should have the scholarships available with Gillies and Bitteto leaving.
                        Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

IIRC the coaches are subject to a "quiet period" with respect to recruits. This gag order should end some time this week.

As for Kurker, I have no idea whether the rumors of his defection are true. If he knocks on our door, I'm sure we'd let him in and not ask him to wait until 2013.

I wonder if any of bu's hockey players are brothers/pledges of A E Pi. About the last job on earth that I'd want right now to be bu's Dean of Admissions

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                            If that was true, he was choosing NU prior to this coaching staff coming here. He would, and this coaching staff would, have to be interested in each other. I am sure playing for Cronin when the team was on the rise was pretty appealing at the time. Now, who knows?

All JM had to do was get the team to the playoffs last year to show he had some coaching chops and the sell would have been easier. Now? Good luck. Outside of the Stevens kid, look to see who has signed since November. And even the Stevens kid is not considered a top 6 forward as of yet. A good well rounded player, but not top 6.
                            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by carmine scarpaglia View Post
                              this is one great thread to go back and read 1 year later! Hokydad owned everyone again!

:d

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                                If that was true, he was choosing NU prior to this coaching staff coming here. He would, and this coaching staff would, have to be interested in each other. I am sure playing for Cronin when the team was on the rise was pretty appealing at the time. Now, who knows?

All JM had to do was get the team to the playoffs last year to show he had some coaching chops and the sell would have been easier. Now? Good luck. Outside of the Stevens kid, look to see who has signed since November. And even the Stevens kid is not considered a top 6 forward as of yet. A good well rounded player, but not top 6.
                                True but maybe Madigan etc. talked to him since it wasn't announced he was going to BU until Fall 2011.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X