X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    Re: USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

Well, someone's reading the thread. There is now a "Switch to Mobile Style" link on the top, and my iPod has a different look to the site than before. It loads a more streamlined version rather than the bulky full site.

Leave a comment:

• inhUMaine
    replied

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    Yeah, the last version had a decent mobile version of the message board, and now it goes to this same exact thing which is a PITA to navigate on my phone even w/ the touch screen... do they have a mobile version with a different url perhaps?

For that reason, I say bad, but otherwise, on a laptop or desktop despite getting used to the look, its no different than any other change and we'll forget about it in a few weeks...hopefully
    Seems like the only mobile options out there are
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228986
    http://www.tapatalk.com/

top link is a vBulletin style suited for mobile browsing. USCHO would have to add it as a viewing style option and they could even impliment a browser detector so that it would automatically switch styles.
    Second link is an iphone/android/blackberry app. Users download the app, but the forum owners still have to install the plugin on their site for the app to function.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Database errors up the wazoo. I also saw a tcp error for the main site. I realize it's only the first week and there will always be kinks to work out, but... you'd think there'd be some form of quality control somewhere...
    It's hard to understand why this wasn't done in the offseason. They both installed a new version of vBulletin and changed the site itself. It seems like they didn't beta test the site itself at all because almost nothing worked correctly at first. I can't blame them for most of the problems with vB.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    for people like me who mostly post of their work computers this sucks because i can't down load a new browser and hence can't see half of the stuff on the web site.
    this!

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

For people like me who mostly post of their work computers this sucks because I can't down load a new browser and hence can't see half of the stuff on the web site.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Database errors up the wazoo. I also saw a tcp error for the main site. I realize it's only the first week and there will always be kinks to work out, but... you'd think there'd be some form of quality control somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• gochiefs
    replied

I have found that on Friday and Saturday night's, the response time for this site is extremely slow. I go here to to look for the scores of the games in progress and I end up giving up since the site has been timing out a lot. I hope it gets better.

Leave a comment:

• UML
    replied

So far so bad. But things should get better soon.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

i just blocked him. now its gone

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    how do you change that
    sharing that information with this man could be the.worse.thing.evah!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

how do you change that

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Currently LOLing at the screen corruption I have while viewing the thread on how the Upgrade has been terrible. Right now, I have the Michigan Tech Husky logo around all four edges of the border and at the top it says Michigan Tech across the screen about 10 times...
    D***it Yager!!

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Currently LOLing at the screen corruption I have while viewing the thread on how the Upgrade has been terrible. Right now, I have the Michigan Tech Husky logo around all four edges of the border and at the top it says Michigan Tech across the screen about 10 times...
    me too! it could be much worse though, it could be BU Terrier logo

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Frankly, I'm amused by whatever new code has allowed Michigan Tech to go undefeated through five games. Of course, it could just be that someone rewrote the playCupcake() method.

Leave a comment:

• pinch
    replied

Bad job on the upgrade. The poor mobile message board, and a lousy scoreboard layout make me want to look elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X