USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Upgrade - Good or Bad?

The site is difficult to navigate. Overall poor design.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
      the upgrade would have been 100 times better had it added true mobile web browsing support. blows my mind that in this day and age it's not built into every message board service.

weird part is that the old vbulletin software worked partially for in mobile, but now it's gone. sucks when you're trying to follow other games while at the rink
      Yeah, the last version had a decent mobile version of the message board, and now it goes to this same exact thing which is a PITA to navigate on my phone even w/ the touch screen... do they have a mobile version with a different url perhaps?

For that reason, I say bad, but otherwise, on a laptop or desktop despite getting used to the look, its no different than any other change and we'll forget about it in a few weeks...hopefully

Comment

USCHO.com is going down the tubes.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Next time you do an upgrade, do it early in the off season so you have time to work the bugs out of it.

Both Friday and Saturday nights I was unable to get a connection.

Also- How the heck do you sign into Extra? When I try to do from the D1 page, I get sent off into who knows where...

My vote - So Far Upgrade = BAD.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            I dislike the forum format more then I dislike Nick Papagorgieo
            Just quoted so Tony can come around and make fun of you.

Comment

It's very slow in general but on Friday and Saturday nights it's pretty much impossible to use. I vote bad.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                Next time you do an upgrade, do it early in the off season so you have time to work the bugs out of it.

Both Friday and Saturday nights I was unable to get a connection.

Also- How the heck do you sign into Extra? When I try to do from the D1 page, I get sent off into who knows where...

My vote - So Far Upgrade = BAD.
                I am having the same problem with Extra as well.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Can we call it a downgrade instead?
                  Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by federal league View Post
                    buscho.com is going down the tubes.
                    fyp. ;-)
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

BAD!! Slow! Definate DOWNgrade!
                      Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Bad, without question.

Comment

sux

Comment

I know we'll get over it..
                            but its awful right now.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

On a positive note, the upgrade package did come complete with an extremely arrogant cyberversion of ScoobyDoo. But then it reverted back to the old ScoobyDoo manic depressive subroutine after one Gopher loss.

Comment

Give them time. If the software designer has sold out to another company it will take time for the new owners to figure things out. It's not the fault of USCHO for the software glitches. But I do think they need a better server for the traffic. I had my account set to show 20 posts per page and it took forever to get a page to load. Went back to 10 and they load better now. Try running Ccleaner before you get on this site. It's free and available at file hippo.
                                UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                                X