Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battle of interstate 94: Huskies @ Gophers

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Congrats to SCSU for the earned arse kicking, but this loss is a dagger. Yeah, it's only sports and tomorrow morning Patti, the kids and I will go for a bike ride and enjoy the day, but having to ponder another lost season as someone that's been a diehard for 3 plus decades is a real downer.
    Also a fan for 3+ decades having a hard time looking forward to another potentially rough season. I feel your pain. The last couple season's have also helped me to take the outcomes a little less seriously or to suffer as long. I guess family might be a little more importatn than Gopher Hockey. (Sort of how the '98 play-off Vikings loss taught me to stop caring about a Vikings loss 1 minute after a game ends. Dam* Adrien Peterson for getting me to start watching them again.) This Sunday offers a unique test for me if both teams can mange to lose (as my pessamisim expects). I keep trying to tell myself that seasons like these last few are necessary to make the good ones so sweet. 2001 probably wouldn't have been such a blast if we hadn't been through the loss by a post against Harvard, the last couple seasons under Woog, the loss to Michigan on the lacrosse goal, etc.

Here's to hoping Lucia can find his way to OZ to find a heart for this Gopher team, as they clearly aren't playing with one yet.

Comment

Apparently there will only be Husky fans in the stands today.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        Gopher fans bringing out the paper bags?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          Works for me.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good game by the Gophers today. The huskies power play and penalty kill has been brutal this year! This team is going no where unless they get that fixed.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Nice to see the D actually play some D today and I thought Patterson was great in net.

Hope Barriball is ok.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Well do all the rodent fans feel better now? Does tdon get an extension? Will Hill get stay a few more games? Inquiring minds want to know.
                There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                  Well do all the rodent fans feel better now? Does tdon get an extension? Will Hill get stay a few more games? Inquiring minds want to know.
                  Not really. 1-3 in league play to start the season. All at home.

Got a lot more to prove to me before I jump back on.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    Good game by the Gophers today. The huskies power play and penalty kill has been brutal this year! This team is going no where unless they get that fixed.
                    PK has only given up goals in two games, it's been better than you think.
                    PP usually gets going in the 2nd half, been that way the past couple of seasons.
                    I like the effort, they played hard, just couldn't get pucks past Patterson.
                    Why doesn't he play more?
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Why doesn't he play more?
                      Why? This is the best weekend of hockey he's had in a Gopher uniform. If he had shown anything remotely close to this he would have had more playing time.

He sucked against UMASS. Just a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Also a fan for 3+ decades having a hard time looking forward to another potentially rough season. I feel your pain. The last couple season's have also helped me to take the outcomes a little less seriously or to suffer as long. I guess family might be a little more importatn than Gopher Hockey. (Sort of how the '98 play-off Vikings loss taught me to stop caring about a Vikings loss 1 minute after a game ends. Dam* Adrien Peterson for getting me to start watching them again.) This Sunday offers a unique test for me if both teams can mange to lose (as my pessamisim expects). I keep trying to tell myself that seasons like these last few are necessary to make the good ones so sweet. 2001 probably wouldn't have been such a blast if we hadn't been through the loss by a post against Harvard, the last couple seasons under Woog, the loss to Michigan on the lacrosse goal, etc.

Here's to hoping Lucia can find his way to OZ to find a heart for this Gopher team, as they clearly aren't playing with one yet.
                        I found 2001 a little hard to swallow but 2002 was fun.
                        Thought MN played as good a team game in all three zones as I've seen in a long time.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Blah! Splitting with the Gophers is like kissing your Grandma.
                          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            I found 2001 a little hard to swallow but 2002 was fun.
                            Thought MN played as good a team game in all three zones as I've seen in a long time.
                            Oops. That is the problem with getting older. Forget names and dates. 2001!

They did play well, although started to get back to their old ways a little in the middle of the third, when they stopped pressing and waited to react more in their own zone, especially on the PK. Let's hope they can continue to play with the attitude they had in the first.

As for Patterson, he had a lot more people playing D in front of him tonight than Kangas has all year. Not that he didn't have a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              They did play well, although started to get back to their old ways a little in the middle of the third, when they stopped pressing and waited to react more in their own zone, especially on the PK. Let's hope they can continue to play with the attitude they had in the first.
                              Nice to have brief moments or poor play rather than brief moments of inspired play.
                              Baby steps......baby steps......

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Got a lot more to prove to me before I jump back on.
                                We're only 4 WCHA games in and you're off the bandwagon already??? That was fast you fairweather fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X