Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWisco
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Here's a title for ya, Wisconsin Hockey: Who says 6 is enough.

And great news on Schultz and Smith. Next year could be promising.

Leave a comment:

• Innova
    replied

Boooooooommmmmm!

Leave a comment:

• Innova
    replied

Click....

Leave a comment:

• Innova
    replied

Click.

Leave a comment:

• RonWolf
    replied

Someone kill this thing already!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    That's good news; I heard it on "On Wisconsin".

Unfortunately for us, Toronto pretty much sucks (except of late Phil has come out his slump and brought the team up), so I think Jake will soon be sporting the Maple Leaf.

(Chuck, what's the deal with I Like Turtles"? The boys on the Mike Heller show play that sound bite)

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    This will be, by my count, the 18th in season/offseason thread since Eaves became coach. So, how about:

Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. 18.

We can just keep adding volumes as we add new thread. Makes the witty subtitle optional.
    How much time did it take you to find how many threads we've had?

PS...I like the idea.

Pss...I like that you're posting on the reg more often.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    This will be, by my count, the 18th in season/offseason thread since Eaves became coach. So, how about:

We can just keep adding volumes as we add new thread. Makes the witty subtitle optional.
    I like the simplicity of this idea.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Originally posted by aktick View Post
    How about "Wisconsin Hockey: 2011" And if that one reaches 1000 posts before the end of the year, we could have "Wisconsin Hockey: 2011, Part 2"

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied

That's good news; I heard it on "On Wisconsin".

Unfortunately for us, Toronto pretty much sucks (except of late Phil has come out his slump and brought the team up), so I think Jake will soon be sporting the Maple Leaf.

(Chuck, what's the deal with I Like Turtles"? The boys on the Mike Heller show play that sound bite)
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-14-2011, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Dang! I just read that and was going to post it. At least I scooped you once this year. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once and a while, right?
    *****http://badgerblogger.com/wp-content/blindsquirrel.jpg******

PS what about Wisconsin Hockey: The hunt for #7 Starts in 2011?
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 03-14-2011, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aktick
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Any ideas for the new thread title? Wisconsin Hockey: Celebrating spring at the KK? lol jk
    How about "Wisconsin Hockey: 2011" And if that one reaches 1000 posts before the end of the year, we could have "Wisconsin Hockey: 2011, Part 2"

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Like I've said all along, Justin Schultz is coming back. Sounds like Smith too per Baggot.

LINK
    Dang! I just read that and was going to post it. At least I scooped you once this year. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once and a while, right?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Like I've said all along, Justin Schultz is coming back. Sounds like Smith too per Baggot.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• RonWolf
    replied

I'm happy with the amount of wins but pretty scared about the # of teams in the WCHA that finished ahead of us in Pairwise. That's quite a few teams to leap over next year.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
    Oh well. Going into this season, my expectations were probably for something similar to this. After the first half, I was quite bullish on the rest of the season. Ultimately, this team finished about where I thought it would though this is a more depressing way to accomplish it than I'd imagined. I do worry about the goalie situation for next year. We've never faced a similar scenario as long as I came to campus (and can remember) in '99. Here's to next year.
    I feel the same way about this last season.

Goaltending similar situations...I think when Dean Anderson left, Cujo and Duane Derksen came onboard at the same time for the 88-89 season, then Cujo left after 1 yr and Duane played the next 3. I do beleive both were highly regarded recruits. I don't remember now Sauer got into that situation, but it worked out in the end.

Thompson will be a Jr, he's had 2 yrs of coaching under his belt, and Rumpel is a Cujo type tender who as played over 50 games this year. I don't think Rumpel will wear out and can be ridden for 90% of the starts and let Thompson play against Tech and maybe a few other weak sisters of the poor. I trust Eaves on this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X