Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Since when has uwbadgers.com started charging 9.95 per month to watch highlights of games. Most games they haven't even put the highlights up. I am living overseas and don't get any of the games, and now I can't even watch some highlights for free!?!?

This has Barry written all over it!
    Last edited by bucky15; 10-31-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
      Since when has uwbadgers.com started charging 9.95 per month to watch highlights of games. Most games they haven't even put the highlights up. I am living overseas and don't get any of the games, and now I can't even watch some highlights for free!?!?

This has Barry written all over it!

Dude! Quiet!

His people can find you. Even overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        He was screened on their only goal. Not sure what he could have done differently.

He did make me nervous on that PK though when he went to the half-boards.
        His reaction (looking at his glove, hopping around) made me think he thought he should have had it. Maybe not.

When I said he wanted it back, I didn't so much mean that it's a save he's expected to make, just that it's one I feel like he felt he could have had.
        Last edited by WeWantMore; 10-31-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Your book sucks. As always.
          ^LOL!!!
          I was at the game Saturday and BB got screened. I supposed you could make the arguement that he should have/could have stopped that one, but his defenders could have done more to make it more difficult on MTU. You definetly cant lay that one all on Bennett.
          All in all, I was pleased with how Bucky played. They started off slow but I felt like after MTU got that first goal that the Badgers took control of the game and didnt look back. This game could have easily been 7-1 if Bucky had connected on some of those centering passes and loose pucks around the crease. I felt that Bennett played well and that the Badgers did a good job of killing off penalties.
          What was the deal with the refs though??? They were letting MTU get away with a lot of cheap shots, tripping and roughing yet were calling every little penalty on the Badgers. I normally try not to whine about the refs, but there were some pretty questionable calls on Saturday. There was one call in the 3rd period where an MTU player grabbed one of the Badgers by the neck from behind and threw him to the ice and all the refs called was a 2 minute minor penalty for holding, yet in the 2nd period they called 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on the Badgers for a little shove right after one of the Wisconsin goals. I know the WCHA isnt know for the best officiating in the world, but it was pretty bad on Saturday.
          Oh well, the Badgers won and thats what matters. It was pretty funny what a bunch of whiney little crybabies the MTU players were being.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Yep. Who woke them up?
            They heard that they might be getting a new coach on Tuesday, either a comedian or a wrestler.

Comment

Dude! Quiet!

His people can find you. Even overseas.
              My passport has already been flagged!

Comment

He was screened on their only goal. Not sure what he could have done differently.

He did make me nervous on that PK though when he went to the half-boards.
                I disagree. I was watching on the online video feed. He had a clear look, he just was covering the near side of the net and a good shot was made in a very small opening on the far side of the net. A quicker move to the far side and he could have made the stop and is why he wasn't happy with himself for letting the puck get past him. Those kind of goals will be made more than 50% of the time. It was a good shot and Bennett shouldn't be too hard on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                  I disagree. I was watching on the online video feed. He had a clear look, he just was covering the near side of the net and a good shot was made in a very small opening on the far side of the net. A quicker move to the far side and he could have made the stop and is why he wasn't happy with himself for letting the puck get past him. Those kind of goals will be made more than 50% of the time. It was a good shot and Bennett shouldn't be too hard on himself.
                  I agree w/ you. I was sitting in 305 w/ a clear view of that and thought he should have had it. Perhaps Ramage could have done more, but I didn't see any Badger in the way leading me to think that Bennett shouldn't have had that one. My sight line was almost exactly the same as the shooter.

I kinda liked his reaction though, he was mad at himself, but then pulled it together and didn't let it affect him. I think it woke the team up, they were a different team after that. Bennett made a lot of nice stick plays w/ the puck in close to him tonight, the D let MTU to the doorstep far too many times, MTU didn't capitialize and B^2 was very good.

A couple of times he roamed way too far from the net though, hopefully he doesn't do that and it costs the Badgers a close game in the future.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Because last night's game is still fresh on our minds it can't go without mentioning the shorty that Sean Dolan had. What an individual play he made to skate through the defender and bring the puck around and past the goaltender. Anyone have this on video that they can post?
                    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
                      GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
                      "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

We will know A LOT about this team after the next 8 games.

Comment

heh, that's very John Madden of you

anything under .500 and I'll be disappointed. Bring on the rats, that will be the test of the year thusfar
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

anything under .500 and I'll be disappointed. Bring on the rats, that will be the test of the year thusfar
                            We just need to score more goals than the other team and we will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              Because last night's game is still fresh on our minds it can't go without mentioning the shorty that Sean Dolan had. What an individual play he made to skate through the defender and bring the puck around and past the goaltender. Anyone have this on video that they can post?
                              Great individual play? He high sticked the defenseman in the neck. No clue what the hell the refs were looking at it clearly should have been a penalty on Dolan. Instead we get a goal. Hell I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

I'll take .500 against these 5 teams. UND, UMD, and Michigan are all top 7 type teams this season and maybe better. State is very respectable and the rats are the rats and that's on the road. I'll take .500 through this stretch. Anything better and I'll do cartwheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X