Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I've gotten 4 reports on that cfb and 3 said it was borderline...very similar to the Ramage penalty.
    It was right in front of me and I thought is was a no brainer 5 minute major.

FWIW, I wouldn't have been surprised if Ramage also got one, but he didn't have the head of steam that Nielsen came with. Thought Ramage really had a brain fart there.

Comment

Some thoughts...

• Mersch could really become a beast. Dude's huge and the redirect for his first goal was beautiful with great body control for such a big guy to turn his body and do that. Sorry for the run on. Gotta see this guy in person to appreciate.

• Smith had a great game as he was tenacious and very active around the puck.

• Zengerle is as advertised and what we were hoping for as we awaited his arrival. One of those guys that jumps out at you. Very dynamic with the puck.

• Gardiner had a monster game and has easily stepped in to take over for the recently departed. With him and Ramage, it's amazing how we just keep reloading on the blue line. Hope this continues post Osiecki.

• Goody would like to have the second goal back, but he made some amazing kick saves tonight that easily could have been goals. Don't remember him being so quick down low and he looks really solid.

• Much like Friday in Denver, thought we looked a bit slow in the first. Once we turned it on though, we skated away from Tech.

• Eaves made a good call starting Dolan's line in the second as a fire needed to be lit. Jordy's injury may have played a part, but I'm thinking that Eaves was sending a message.

I'm excited for this team this season and am very happy that it appears that we have some good young talent for the future.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-29-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I'm glad they cut down the penalties tonight as well. Only 5 of them for 10 minutes.
        Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Seemed like an uneven effort by the Badgers. They looked terrible at times in the 1st and part of the 2nd, especially on defense.

I agree the penalty (which I thought was called correctly) seemed to swing momentum to the Badgers. They really turned it up a notch when they scored the pp goal.

Also thought Pat Johnson had a heck of a game.

Comment

I think last year at home vs. Tech there was a similar penalty that turned the game.

Comment

Bennett in goal tonight for UW.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                Bennett in goal tonight for UW.
                I think this is the happiest I've ever been to see Bennett in goal. Goody needs a day off. He looked a little shaky last night early in the game. It's too early in the season to be riding one of them when we have 2 quality goaltenders.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                  I think this is the happiest I've ever been to see Bennett in goal. Goody needs a day off. He looked a little shaky last night early in the game. It's too early in the season to be riding one of them when we have 2 quality goaltenders.
                  Bennett was okay tonight. I think he'd really really like to have that Tech goal back, and he's still pretty keen on venturing outside his crease.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    Bennett was okay tonight. I think he'd really really like to have that Tech goal back, and he's still pretty keen on venturing outside his crease.
                    He was screened on their only goal. Not sure what he could have done differently.

He did make me nervous on that PK though when he went to the half-boards.

Comment

Tech outplayed UW early again, I'd say for the entirety of the 1st period.

Solid win for UW though and they got stronger as the game went on. Mersch is going to be a beast in another 1-2 years. I didn't notice Zengerle as much tonight. Jason Clark I'd like to see more out of but he's on the 4th line.

great games for Gardiner, Schultz, Ramage and C. Johnson.

Ratty Johnson with another great game.

Tech really is a different team this year. Much faster, and strong on the boards. These were no easy points
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Tech outplayed UW early again, I'd say for the entirety of the 1st period.
                        Becoming a trend. I realize this is common with young teams. Let's hope the learning curve progresses rapidly as the next 8 are doozies.

.500 through that stretch would be pretty good although I'm hoping for more. Ever the optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Becoming a trend. I realize this is common with young teams. Let's hope the learning curve progresses rapidly as the next 8 are doozies.

.500 through that stretch would be pretty good although I'm hoping for more. Ever the optimist.
                          I'd agree .500 through this next stretch would be commendable. I'm going to say right now the rats will be the toughest of the next 3-4 opponents.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

He was screened on their only goal. Not sure what he could have done differently.

He did make me nervous on that PK though when he went to the half-boards.
                            I didn't think he was screened. Even the announcers on WPT said it should have been an easy stop. Mark it as a softie in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              I didn't think he was screened. Even the announcers on WPT said it should have been an easy stop. Mark it as a softie in my book.
                              Well, on the live broadcast, Andringa pointed out how Ramage didn't attempt the block properly and ended up screening instead. They even broke it down in replay.

Your book sucks. As always.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I'd agree .500 through this next stretch would be commendable. I'm going to say right now the rats will be the toughest of the next 3-4 opponents.
                                Yep. Who woke them up?

Comment

Working...
                                X