Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

I would put Mersch up on the second line Friday night and see how he does. If he does good keep him there if he plays decent or poorly but Barnes plays good Friday switch the two up for Saturday. Mersch is a good player he will do good where ever he plays and so will Barnes.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

The UW Lineup per Baggot, and no there's no reason to echo it.

The UW lineup:

F Jordy Murray-Craig Smith-Mark Zengerle

F Barnes-Derek Lee-Podge Turnbull

F Patrick Johnson-Sean Dolan-Ryan Little

F Michael Mersch-Jefferson Dahl-Gavin Hartzog

D Jake Gardiner-John Ramage

D Schultz-Simonelli

D C. Johnson-Faust

G Scott Gudumandson
      Looks like Eaves is unhappy with Springer's play so far.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        If he does good keep him there if he plays decent or poorly but Barnes plays good Friday switch the two up for Saturday.
        What happens if the whole team plays poorly?

Comment

Kind of last minute, but we're heading to Madison tomorrow and am curiuos about parking. When I've gone to games in the past (one or two a year), I've parked in the UW Health ramp which used to be $10, but I think this year's map says it's $15. Anyways, since the women's game is at 2pm and free, we're actually going to head down early and go to that as well. So we'll probably be parking around 1ish. Is there somewhere near the Kohl we can park for free (or cheap) and stay until after the men's game gets out? Can we still park in the UW Health ramp and stay there all day?

Comment

We always park in the State Street ramp next to Brothers. $4 for event parking, easy 2 block walk to the Kohl Center. Plus, $3 pitchers at Brothers!!!

Comment

What day of the week is it today!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                I would put Mersch up on the second line Friday night and see how he does. If he does good keep him there if he plays decent or poorly but Barnes plays good Friday switch the two up for Saturday. Mersch is a good player he will do good where ever he plays and so will Barnes.
                Considering Mersch is only 17/18 years old (can't remember if he turns 18 this weekend or if that is Simonelli) I'm really impressed w/ what he is doing. He still has a lot of developing to do, but should be a beast by his junior year w/ his size and skill set.

I was expecting him to be a 4th line, play most nights, but sit on occasion kinda player, but he is going to be a regular all year. Keeps playing well might hear his name called next June when he is eligible for the draft.
                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                Originally posted by UWisco
                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by parkside21 View Post
                  Kind of last minute, but we're heading to Madison tomorrow and am curiuos about parking. When I've gone to games in the past (one or two a year), I've parked in the UW Health ramp which used to be $10, but I think this year's map says it's $15. Anyways, since the women's game is at 2pm and free, we're actually going to head down early and go to that as well. So we'll probably be parking around 1ish. Is there somewhere near the Kohl we can park for free (or cheap) and stay until after the men's game gets out? Can we still park in the UW Health ramp and stay there all day?
                  You arent going to find much near the Kohl that is cheap and free isnt even an option. About the only option is the ramp by Brothers that Crainer mentioned.
                  A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                  Originally posted by MadCityRich
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                  "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                    The UW Lineup per Baggot, and no there's no reason to echo it.

Looks like Eaves is unhappy with Springer's play so far.
                    He didn't look too great Friday night, for sure. He got stripped clean behind the net Friday on the first goal, though I don't think Simonelli should have chipped the puck behind the net as he was pressured. On Saturday he was on the ice for for tying goal.

Schultz better play smart with Simonelli. Simonelli should benefit from playing with Schultz, if he can move the puck quickly enough.

I like the Faust/Johnson pair.

I really want to see Lee step up. He's guy who I had pegged for a bigtime jump in performance this year.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                      What day of the week is it today!?!?
                      Gameday, mother******

*****http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.damonchernavsky.com/Pictures/Pictures_Of_Celebrities/Arnold_Schwarzenegger/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-commando.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.damonchernavsky.com/Pictures/Pictures_Of_Celebrities/Arnold_Schwarzenegger/arnold_schwarzenegger.html&usg=__-xo44eq8h58PzlwuLWpN7I1KWRE=&h=425&w=337&sz=31&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=pRonLVONG2HL2M:&tbnh=149&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Darnold%2Bschwarzenegger%26um%3D1%26hl %3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1225%26bih%3D802%26tbs%3Dis ch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=446&vpy=255&dur=1041&hovh=252&hovw=200&tx=109&ty=115&ei=SgjLTIvPH9PenQfKic3hDw&oei=SgjLTIvPH9PenQfKic3hDw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0******
                      Originally posted by solovsfett
                      To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

drop the puck. I'll be there tomorrow night in my boss's seats, then vs. Nodak, UMD, and the rats....can't wait!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Nice win tonight for the Badgers after digging an early 2-0 deficit. How about Michael Mersch? 2 goals and 1 assist for the freshmen. The turning point was the checking from behind penalty on the Mich Tech defensemen (I think his name was Nelson) which gave us a 5 minute major. From there it was all Badgers. Let's get the sweep tomorrow.
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Great come from behind win. I thought MTU really had momentum after 1.

Mersch was great tonight as was Gardiner, Ramage, Zengerle, and Ratty Johnson

whoever got the 5min CFB for Tech was apparently really chirpin...don't know what his deal was
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

whoever got the 5min CFB for Tech was apparently really chirpin...don't know what his deal was
                              I've gotten 4 reports on that cfb and 3 said it was borderline...very similar to the Ramage penalty.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Yeah, I guess on his way down the tunnel he kind made a "bring it" motion as well.

As for the penalty itself, I thought it was pretty hard to tell live. The Tech players were pretty adamant that he had kind of turned into it- as you'd imagine they would be.

All in all, good WCHA win.

Comment

Working...
                                X