Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Don't you guys have local outdoor rinks? I always thought the idea of a back yard rink was cool but boarded outdoor hockey rinks are much nicer.
    Unfortunately, most places don't have outside rinks anymore. If they do, they are usually not maintained very well.

Make the backyard rink and the kids can skate anytime. Get some lights and you will have a great time. Best way to learn hockey is in a small area.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
      Unfortunately, most places don't have outside rinks anymore. If they do, they are usually not maintained very well.

Make the backyard rink and the kids can skate anytime. Get some lights and you will have a great time. Best way to learn hockey is in a small area.
      Move to Eau Claire.

Comment

Could Smith be any more of a d-u-m-b-a-s-s?

What the f-u-c-k is his problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Could Smith be any more of a d-u-m-b-a-s-s?

What the f-u-c-k is his problem?
          He's a badger?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Thoughts...

• Gotta temper my feelings based on how young we are, but...

• Didn't look ready to go in the 1st at all. Very lethargic and what a waste of a 5 minute major. Only scored on a fortunate bounce although it was an athletic play.

• Even though Smith is an underclassman, he needs to act like something more than a hot-headed Bantam. Should have been a 2 along with a 5 minute. What a dope that kid is.

• Terrible change on Zucker's GWG. Gotta be better than that. Zucker's gonna be great btw. Hope he turns pro after this season!

• Just looked off tonight which is unfortunate because this Denver team looks very beatable.

• Podge looked good, but unfortunately he may not be a guy who can capitalize on his opportunities. Love how he's come back with great effort though when many would have gotten discouraged and quit.

• Love how the announcers kept referring to our supposed vaunted power-play. Guess they forgot that most of those goals came against UAH and Holy Cross. We could barely get set up tonight. Too many times where a guy would try to carry the puck by himself and then get caught having to make a bad pass or have the puck clipped away.

• Just too many stupid penalties tonight combined with apparent stretches of apathy. Hope for a better effort tomorrow.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-22-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

My thoughts.
              • I thought our 5 on 5 play was pretty poor. A lot of dumping and chasing where Denver would gain possession.

• Goody was awesome in goal. This could have been an 8-2 loss pretty easily. I'd stick with him tomorrow if I were Eaves, but whatever.

• Too many turnovers were given up at the point for Denver breakaways. That needs to stop.

• Jake Gardiner won't be a Badger after this year. The guy can cover ice quickly. Stud.

I agree that this game was very winnable. Let's find a way to get a split tomorrow.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Thoughts...
                • Love how the announcers kept referring to our supposed vaunted power-play. Guess they forgot that most of those goals came against UAH and Holy Cross. We could barely get set up tonight. Too many times where a guy would try to carry the puck by himself and then get caught having to make a bad pass or have the puck clipped away.
                Your power play has at least 2 PP goals in all 5 games, they may have score 7 in the 2 games against UAH, but 2+ in each game is pretty impressive no matter who your playing.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Your power play has at least 2 PP goals in all 5 games, they may have score 7 in the 2 games against UAH, but 2+ in each game is pretty impressive no matter who your playing.
                  True, but the flip side of that is a relative lack of scoring punch at even strength. I just think it's too early in the season for the announcers to go on and on about any statistic. I realize that they have their talking points, but the sample size is too small to be taken too seriously. We're off to a good start on the powerplay, nothing more.

Comment

My two random thoughts (so I'm done for the week):

1. That ice seemed to be pretty bad. Methinks this game could have been a lot more lopsided with decent ice.

2. Tom Campion & Co. must have attended a clinic in the off-season from the ECAC crew that worked the West Regional last year.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Didn't we have two more PP goals Friday night? I'd say our PP is pretty ***** good. We're at 35% on the PP through 5 games, you can't do much better than that.

PP goals so far:

Boston University-2
                      Holy Cross-2
                      Alabama Huntsville-4
                      Alabama Huntsville-3
                      Denver-2

I guess I'm not sure I get your point. We're scoring on the PP against everyone. At this point our PP deserves a lot of credit.

Edit: Didn't see you had replied to a comment already calling you out on this subject.
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-23-2010, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Smith has to play with a bit more intelligence. Knocking a guy to the ice that was on hs knees because you tackled/slashed him is very bush league. Plus he was chirping all night. A lot of the Badgers were chirping. Shut up and play hockey. Perhaps the chirping is a result of their overall immaturity and youth.

Springer and Simonelli made me nervous all night.

Rammer needed to lift the puck on the great sh chance UW had. Instead he weakly slid it at the goal. He had the whole open net but where Britan was laying.

Murray's goal is a highlight goal. What great hand/eye coordination to knock that in as you
                        are being tackled.

UW did have a few stretches of pressure 5 on 5, but they didn't generate any good chances out of it. There was a period where the DU goalie seemed rattled a bit, but UW didn't press him enough to crack the dam wide open.

WAY too many odd man rushes for DU.

The DU announcers did over play a few story lines, but they did try and include a few facts about UW in the broadcast. I really didn't mind them at all.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What a road win for Beilema's Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            What a road win for Beilema's Badgers!
                            http://wisconsin.rivals.com/forum.as...id=664&style=2

kthxbye

Comment

Thou shalt not talk football in a hockey forum.

Comment

I think our preseason expectation of this being an offensively challenged team is coming into fruition now that we have played a tough conference opponent. There were goals to be had this weekend that we couldn't convert on. Let's hope we can rebound against unbeaten MTU next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X