Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

And one more thing, I am disappointed that there were no hats thrown on the ice after Murray's hat trick. I saw some of the 60 min NANR bloggers and they did nothing also... yup, calling you guys out

PS. I don't wear hats anymore, plus I am too far away for my hat to make it to the ice.

Comment

Patrick Johnson sustained a concussion on Sunday. UAH was hitting hard and took a lot of penalties. Good thing our Power Play has been very good so far.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

It was good to see them come out on Friday and take advantage of nearly all their opportunities. But they were flat and listless coming out on Sunday. I have a feeling they had a nice long night on Saturday after the football team beat "the" Ohio State University. A win is a win, but if they come out that flat against WCHA opponents, they'll be in trouble. A sweep, although expected, was nice to see. Some of the freshman are gonig to be awesome to watch this season as they get more experience and gain confidence in their abilities to skate with the best of the WCHA.

Go Badgers!
        Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

I don't know, Eaves said they had a team meeting at the Kohl Center at halftime of the football game. I don't know what they did after that, but I doubt they were partying too hard.

Comment

I doubt they were out partying (drinking) hard, I think they had a long night is all... You really can't blame them for it if they did... How often does Wisconsin play (and beat) a #1 team? Afterall, it looked like quite the celebration in Madison on Saturday night.
            Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Glad I went to the Sunday hockey game and not watch the Packers game.

Question for anybody who was at or watched the Sunday game. I watched Sauer's explanation on Friday's FSN telecast of the new "blended" icing rule. Based on his explanation, I thought there were two or three instances where the ref could have waived off icing during the Sunday game but did not. Anybody else see that, or do I not understand the rule?

How was the 60 min tailgate? Would like to have attended, but made plans prior to the announcement.
              Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                Not even close to being that many. The student section was not completely full in the 100's section. I would say there was about 8000...and that is still generous.
                Thats because everyone was still trying to recover from the celebration after the victory over Ohio State.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

PS. I don't wear hats anymore, plus I am too far away for my hat to make it to the ice.
                  Excuses, excuses...
                  A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                  Originally posted by MadCityRich
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                  "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                    Thats because everyone was still trying to recover from the celebration after the victory over Ohio State.
                    And if the football team had lost, the excuse for a half empty arena would be, "everyone was still ticked off about losing to Ohio State the night before." In other words...my opinion stands on it being a really stupid time for a game.

Comment

After getting warmed up at the Ice Breaker and a nice little home sweep of Alabama-Huntsville, the Badgers will face their toughest test of their young season when they travel this weekend to Magness arena to face the Denver Pioneers.

Denver hasn't gotten off to the hottest start this season. They shockingly lost to Lethbridge, a fairly week CIS squad. They looked ok taking 3 points at Vermont but they were swept this past weekend by #1 ranked Boston College and by all accounts didn't look very good.

Denver, like Wisconsin lost a ton of talent off last years roster including WCHA Player of the Year Marc Cheverie. So far it looks like the Pioneers are still looking for his replacement. Junior Adam Murray was absolutely abysmal last season in limited action and hasn't looked much better this season. Freshman Sam Brittain, who was recruited hard by Wisconsin has fared better, despite being winless so far in two contests.

The Pioneers really struggled over the weekend to put the puck in the net recording only two goals all weekend. So far this season they are averaging two goals per game. Denver has arguably the top class of freshmen in the country and forwards Jason Zucker and Beau Bennett won't stay quiet for long. Bennett has gone scoreless in 4 games, and I wouldn't bet on him going scoreless this weekend. Talented freshman Nick Shore broke his hand/wrist and was fitted for a cast before last weekends series. Shore did not play last weekend and I wouldn't expect him back against the Badgers but it's something to follow.

Despite losing Patrick Weircoich to the pros, the Pios are actually pretty strong back on the blue line. Sophomore Matt Donovan is one of the top defensemen already in the WCHA and they add in talented freshman David Makowski to help ease the blow of Weircoich.

According to the DU Hockey blog "LetsGoDU," there will be a pre-game pep rally party on Saturday before the game. Obviously the party is for DU fans but Denver has some cool fans and I'm sure it will be a fun event for Badger fans making the trip.

If your looking for coverage on the Denver side of things this week. The LetsGoDU hockey blog is solid and the Denver Post's Mike Chambers is one of the best in the business.

The Friday night game will be televised live on FSN Wisconsin and FSN Rocky Mountain. Game time is 8:30 Central Time. The Saturday night game will not be on TV but will be broadcast via webcast for a fee on Pioneer Vision at www.denverpioneers.com. Webcast is only available on Saturday. Saturday game time is 8:00 Central Time.

Polls

Wisconsin checks in (again) this week #15 in the USCHO.com poll and moves up 1 spot to #14 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll. Denver falls from #6 to #11 in the USCHO.com poll, and from #8 to #13 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.

Injuries

Patrick Johnson suffered a concussion on Sunday according to Andy Baggot and will undergo testing this week. His availability for this weekend is currently unknown. With concussion treatment on the front burner, I would expect PJ to sit out the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Mersch move up to PJ's spot on the unit with Dolan and Ryan Little. Eaves has expressed interest in getting Mersch more ice time and this would be an opportunity to do so. I would expect Jefferson Dahl to center the fourth line with Hartzog and Meuer as his wingers Friday and Jason Clark making the trip as the extra forward.
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-18-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

And one more thing, I am disappointed that there were no hats thrown on the ice after Murray's hat trick. I saw some of the 60 min NANR bloggers and they did nothing also... yup, calling you guys out

Did I talk to you this weekend?

I have no excuses for not throwing my hat, I wanted to storm the ice and celebrate!
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Nice weekend for the Badgers- two wins for them, two frozen custards for us, a hat trick for Murray, and a FACEWASHING penalty at the end there!

Looking forward to seeing how they do against WCHA competition- we'll be in Denver this weekend! We've wanted to go for a regular series ever since the FF out there as we enjoyed that a lot, and it turned out to be a good weekend to go.

Comment

Something I haven't seen discussed here, unless it's on the old thread and I missed it; what's up with wearing red sweaters at home? I hope the NCAA or the WCHA isn't going to copy-cat the NHL and wear "dark" at home. Not only am I a traditionalist and WANT white or light at home, IMO the traditional home sweaters have more contrast with the rest of the uniform which is more pleasing to.....THE HOME ****ING CROWD!
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Something I haven't seen discussed here, unless it's on the old thread and I missed it; what's up with wearing red sweaters at home? I hope the NCAA or the WCHA isn't going to copy-cat the NHL and wear "dark" at home. Not only am I a traditionalist and WANT white or light at home, IMO the traditional home sweaters have more contrast with the rest of the uniform which is more pleasing to.....THE HOME ****ING CROWD!
                              Lol I think you may be digging a bit deep talking color contrasts in here but I do agree, we should be wearing white at home. (Obvious exceptions if we are hosting a special event).

I'll try to do some digging to find out whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Lol I think you may be digging a bit deep talking color contrasts in here but I do agree, we should be wearing white at home. (Obvious exceptions if we are hosting a special event).

I'll try to do some digging to find out whats up.
                                Yeah, the contrast thing was kind of tongue in cheek but I needed something to drop an F bomb about! I just don't like the red-over-red, black-over-black, whatever. I still hate what the NHL has done with home and away sweaters. I'm sitting here watching "Tronno" at home with solid blue uni's....hate it.

Could I be suffering from age-rage?
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X