Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
    Wisconsin, IMHO, was very good defensively.

Wish us luck. While we have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA, we'll probably still need it.

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Congrats to you guys on a great transitional season. You lost a ton of guys. Certainly, you didn't think you'd have the same kind of season as last year?

Thanks for helping us to set our school's all time single game attendance record this year. Seriously. How many schools can even offer up the opportunity to have a crowd north of 15,000? Looking forward to coming up there next season to the Kohl Center.

We all love Barry Alvarez. As far as I am concerned, you are the closest thing we have to brethern in this league.

Comment

Turn out the lights, the party's over. They say that all, good things must end.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          Congrats to you guys on a great transitional season. You lost a ton of guys. Certainly, you didn't think you'd have the same kind of season as last year?

Thanks for helping us to set our school's all time single game attendance record this year. Seriously. How many schools can even offer up the opportunity to have a crowd north of 15,000? Looking forward to coming up there next season to the Kohl Center.
          We all love Barry Alvarez. As far as I am concerned, you are the closest thing we have to brethern in this league.
          Classy post, thanks. We'll see you up here next year.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding an off season thread; if "you" start one, I will hunt you down, string you up on a net without gear on, and have Zdeno Chara take slap shots at your ****ing body.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          So I'm just curious; who will you be rooting for to go all the way? Personally if we don't get in, I usually pull for NoDak.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-14-2011, 11:28 AM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Somebody should probably start up a new Badger thread sooner rather than later, so some idiot doesn't get forced to do so after this one is closed...

Comment

And I'll help to...

Comment

...get this one to 1000.

Comment

Maybe I should have split #979 into 3 replies!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I will help too. Thanks for the fun series this weekend here in CS. This was the best home playoff series that I have seen CC play since our marathon with Duluth in 1992. Both teams gave everything they had and as fans that is all we can ask for. Good luck to the Badgers next season.

Comment

Oh well. Going into this season, my expectations were probably for something similar to this. After the first half, I was quite bullish on the rest of the season. Ultimately, this team finished about where I thought it would though this is a more depressing way to accomplish it than I'd imagined. I do worry about the goalie situation for next year. We've never faced a similar scenario as long as I came to campus (and can remember) in '99. Here's to next year.
                      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Any ideas for the new thread title? Wisconsin Hockey: Celebrating spring at the KK? lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                          Oh well. Going into this season, my expectations were probably for something similar to this. After the first half, I was quite bullish on the rest of the season. Ultimately, this team finished about where I thought it would though this is a more depressing way to accomplish it than I'd imagined. I do worry about the goalie situation for next year. We've never faced a similar scenario as long as I came to campus (and can remember) in '99. Here's to next year.
                          I feel the same way about this last season.

Goaltending similar situations...I think when Dean Anderson left, Cujo and Duane Derksen came onboard at the same time for the 88-89 season, then Cujo left after 1 yr and Duane played the next 3. I do beleive both were highly regarded recruits. I don't remember now Sauer got into that situation, but it worked out in the end.

Thompson will be a Jr, he's had 2 yrs of coaching under his belt, and Rumpel is a Cujo type tender who as played over 50 games this year. I don't think Rumpel will wear out and can be ridden for 90% of the starts and let Thompson play against Tech and maybe a few other weak sisters of the poor. I trust Eaves on this one.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm happy with the amount of wins but pretty scared about the # of teams in the WCHA that finished ahead of us in Pairwise. That's quite a few teams to leap over next year.

Comment

Like I've said all along, Justin Schultz is coming back. Sounds like Smith too per Baggot.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Like I've said all along, Justin Schultz is coming back. Sounds like Smith too per Baggot.

LINK
                                Dang! I just read that and was going to post it. At least I scooped you once this year. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once and a while, right?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X