Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Hey Chuck you going to have a better time doing the Nebraska-Omaha Week post on Sixty minutes than the Michigan Tech one. Haha
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post

Its too early to be talking playoffs. Other than maybe St Cloud, there arent any remaining games where a win is a given.
      You better tell Chuck to stop doing the Bracketology then too.

This isn't the NFL...

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
        Other than maybe St Cloud, there arent any remaining games where a win is a given.
        Winning against St. Cloud isn't a given, they might be the best worst team ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Winning against St. Cloud isn't a given, they might be the best worst team ever.
          I agree on the road anywhere is tough, even Tech. St Cloud is certainly this year's Notre Dame. Everyone thought they would do well, and then...well...they sucked. Before last week's hiccup, they were pretty hot in the 2nd half.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Gardiner was traded to Toronto...

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
              Gardiner was traded to Toronto...
              Burke loves college players. There is slim hope he might let Gardiner stay at UW. We can dream right?

Comment

Or it may make Anaheim more willing to take Schultz then they might have been if they were taking Gardiner and already have a young offensive minded dman in the system in Fowler.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                  Or it may make Anaheim more willing to take Schultz then they might have been if they were taking Gardiner and already have a young offensive minded dman in the system in Fowler.
                  Quit making sense.

Comment

Burke loves college players. There is slim hope he might let Gardiner stay at UW. We can dream right?

A little disappointed in the trade. Odds of him staying would've been better in Anaheim.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                      A little disappointed in the trade. Odds of him staying would've been better in Anaheim.
                      I don't think they were very good either way.

Comment

Michael Frolik and goaltender Alexander Salakfrom the Florida Panthers in exchange for Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan

Comment

Michael Frolik and goaltender Alexander Salakfrom the Florida Panthers in exchange for Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan
                          As a Hawks and Badger fan, I'm disappointed that Jack didn't pan out as I enjoy having kids I watched at the KC play for my pro team.

I am not disappointed however, that the Hawks traded him though as he didn't meet expectations and they probably weren't going to re-sign him anyway. Hopefully, he will get top line minutes in Florida and can reach his potential. Assuming of course that there is in fact more there to reach.

He'll have to find a way to cope with his new situation in South Beach. Lucky guy...

Comment

Hey Bucky Badger! Long time UNO season ticket holder here.

Thought I'd drop by to welcome you one and all to Omaha this weekend.

We really can't hate any school that has one of our own as it's AD.

We're anxious to see if you guys travel like the Fighting Sioux do. Jeez, those guys brought a couple thousand fans down here in November. Our first year here in the WCHA has been a blast.

This is probably the biggest conference series we have played in school history, CCHA or WCHA. These games really mean something to both teams. Ought to be epic.

You DO know that Friday night's game is nearly sold out and will probably end up being the largest indoor crowd for a regular season college hockey game this season. The Qwest Center seats 16,680 for hockey and, as of about 5:00 P.M. this evening, Ticketmaster said there was only 1008 tickets remaining. Your team better show up with it's game faces on. The Qwest Center is city owned and not only do they serve beer, they have an enormous full bar at one end of the arena with a full view of the ice. I promise you, it will be raucous. FYI, after our first goal at every game, we throw fish on the ice.

http://www.omavs.com/news/2011/2/7/M...207115956.aspx

The seating capacity in the article above regarding the arena for hockey is wrong, by the way.

Our team is sometimes scary good. We tend to play to the competition level. Translation: We have 11 freshmen on the team, 10 of which are getting significant ice time. Fortunately, we have Vince Lombardi for a head coach. We've authored up the 3 highest shots on goal games in D1 this year at 60, 59, & 55. The 59 shot game was our home loss to Alabama Huntsville in overtime (we outshot them 59-17--and lost). Our goalie, John Faulkner, leads D1 with 6 shutouts. Actually, he's taken a shutout into the third period of 11 games now. One of our freshman defensemen, Andrej Sustr, is 6' 8"! Yes, he plays a lot.

FYI, I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say this but, I miss CCHA refs.

Looking forward to having Badger fan in town. If you guys are anything like ND fan, it's gonna be great.

Comment

I don't think they were very good either way.
                              Probably, but if McNabb still overlooks the signing of prospects I would rather have him calling the shots than whoever Toronto has. If Gardiner did want to come back, I don't think McNabb would push the issue(like what the Rangers did), especially for a UW player. He hasn't kept it a secret that he still bleeds Badger red.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                                Hey Bucky Badger! Long time UNO season ticket holder here.

Thought I'd drop by to welcome you one and all to Omaha this weekend.

We really can't hate any school that has one of our own as it's AD.

We're anxious to see if you guys travel like the Fighting Sioux do. Jeez, those guys brought a couple thousand fans down here in November. Our first year here in the WCHA has been a blast.

This is probably the biggest conference series we have played in school history, CCHA or WCHA. These games really mean something to both teams. Ought to be epic.
                                Any recommendations near the stadium Old Market area to watch the Badger Basketball game against Ohio St? We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and looking for a sports bar type place. Also any place for a great meal without breaking the bank before the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X