Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
    Already did that and got no return, My wife even called them and got no response from the president of SPYHA
    That surprises me to some extent although Sun Prairie isn't know as one of the best programs in the area.

You could try the Madison Patriots. They skate at Hartmeyer on the east side and might be closer than Beaver Dam.

If you were up for traveling, West Madison has an excellent initiation program.

Good luck, be persistent and don't put it off too long. I still regret not starting my son one year earlier although he's finally catching up to his peer group.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      That surprises me to some extent although Sun Prairie isn't know as one of the best programs in the area.

You could try the Madison Patriots. They skate at Hartmeyer on the east side and might be closer than Beaver Dam.

If you were up for traveling, West Madison has an excellent initiation program.

Good luck, be persistent and don't put it off too long. I still regret not starting my son one year earlier although he's finally catching up to his peer group.
      Thanks for the help Gurtholfin

Comment

I would love to send them to Beaver Dam but that could be tough on schedule. I will have to check their website. Do you know what it is Tim?
        I'm no link expert, but "bdfamilycenter.org" is the website of the BD Hockey Association. My 2 sons played there from Learn to Skate through Squirts. Then we as a family had to change our priorities a bit and we left hockey playing behind. My oldest son and I still miss it.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Thanks for the help Gurtholfin
          The Patriots will welcome new kids with open arms. Give them a try as well.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who Eaves puts in the line-up this weekend on the 4th line and the 3rd d pair. Is he limited as to how many players he can take on a conference road trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              It will be interesting to see who Eaves puts in the line-up this weekend on the 4th line and the 3rd d pair. Is he limited as to how many players he can take on a conference road trip?
              Yes, WCHA road trips you can bring 22 players. Aka the 12 forwards and 6 defense you plan to play. Along with 2 goalies and usually an extra forward and an extra D.

According to Baggot yesterday before the guys left here were the lines:

Murray-Smith-Zengerle
              R. Little-Lee-Barnes
              Turnbull-Dolan-Mersch
              Clark-Dahl-Hartzog
              Johnson (Injured)-Meuer-S. Little

D pairings were the same as always.

I would expect us to bring along Meuer and Faust as extras. I don't see Pat Johnson making the trip. No need to force a player into the lineup after a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Yes, WCHA road trips you can bring 22 players. Aka the 12 forwards and 6 defense you plan to play. Along with 2 goalies and usually an extra forward and an extra D.

According to Baggot yesterday before the guys left here were the lines:

Murray-Smith-Zengerle
                R. Little-Lee-Barnes
                Turnbull-Dolan-Mersch
                Clark-Dahl-Hartzog
                Johnson (Injured)-Meuer-S. Little

D pairings were the same as always.

I would expect us to bring along Meuer and Faust as extras. I don't see Pat Johnson making the trip. No need to force a player into the lineup after a concussion.
                Baggot echos your comments.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html
                Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

No we did not, I could not make it over to the tailgate I just know what some of you wear to the game...(stalker from a distance)

If I sean you, I would have talked to you about peewee hockey, I have a 7 and 8 year old who want to play. I tried to get them signed up with the Sun Prairie but they have blown me off a few times this summer and fall
                  The best youth hockey programs in the madison area are Verona (Southwest) and Stoughton. At least on a consistent basis. If you're on the wrong side of the district line (Banks), then getting a coach that knows something is a crap shoot. If your kids are really just getting started in hockey and you can't get into a program, build a small ice rink in your back yard pond hockey style. Organized hockey at the youth level is not that important, IMO, as long at they get on the ice with a stick and a puck and learn some hockey sense. I'd be willing to bet that half the kids on UW , over there childhood, spent at least just as much time playing puck on a frozen lake as they did in an arena .

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                    You're not big on reading comprehension are you varsity?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      You're not big on reading comprehension are you varsity?
                      It must be all the echos between the ears that makes it hard.
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                        OMG, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time......LOL bigtime.

Comment

Originally posted by drewski192 View Post
                          The best youth hockey programs in the madison area are Verona (Southwest) and Stoughton.
                          Based on what?

I agree with what you said about a backyard rink though. Had one ourselves for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Based on what?

I agree with what you said about a backyard rink though. Had one ourselves for many years.
                            I have been wanting to do that but the wife needs more convincing.... She does not like the idea.

Comment

I have been wanting to do that but the wife needs more convincing.... She does not like the idea.
                              2x4+head=convincing.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

First off, wives only involvement in hockey decision making should be what they wear to the games.

Rinks are fairly easy once you eliminate the pitfalls, which I did through a couple of years of trial and error.

The first year, I tried to flood the backyard. I did this on a -12 degree day and let the hose run for hours. It all soaked in.

So I got a tarp.

Here's what you do. Get lawn timbers (4x4 green treated are best) and form a frame. Rebar is good for bracing the outside of the frame.

Buy one of the heavy duty tarps that are at least two-ply. The one I would get from Menard's was $100 for a 60x40. Lay the tarp out in the frame with it overlapping the edges of the frame and fill it with water. Let it freeze and you're good to go. No need for layering like some suggest.

The key to a good ice surface is keeping up with it. You must clear it off every time it snows and right away. Even if it's less than an inch. Not sure why it happens, but snow that sits on top of ice melts and forms a crusty layer that wrecks your rink.

After the rink is skated on, it needs to be shoveled off and then watered down. Not a lot of water, just enough to get it wet and fill the cracks. If it is wetted down without shoveling first, you will get bumps and anomalies.

There you go. Now go and do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X