Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almington
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    What do Badgers need to happen this weekend to be able to salitify a spot in tournament. Or is there even a possibility maybe we need to get farther. Might have asked question similar to this but I don't remember.
    Win this weeked and then keep winning NEXT weekend.

Leave a comment:

• UWisco
    replied

What do Badgers need to happen this weekend to be able to salitify a spot in tournament. Or is there even a possibility maybe we need to get farther. Might have asked question similar to this but I don't remember.

Leave a comment:

• wjefwhite
    replied

Take your radio. I do.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Carter View Post
    My apologies for jumping in like this, but I just wanted to suggest that we get a big crowd next Saturday night at the Kohl when the Women's team takes on (through totally effed bracketology) UMD. Again. What the heck, the guys are on the road and the women would love the support. Thanks.
    I will be bringing a van full to the game. This will be our 4th women's game. And yes, that is one effed up bracket. I sure hope they keep us updated on the score of the men's game. At the fill the bowl event, I thought they did a crappy job telling us how the guys were doing in NE.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Carter View Post
    My apologies for jumping in like this, but I just wanted to suggest that we get a big crowd next Saturday night at the Kohl when the Women's team takes on (through totally effed bracketology) UMD. Again. What the heck, the guys are on the road and the women would love the support. Thanks.
    I agree. I still remember how much fun the game against Harvard was. My wife and younger son went home after regulation and my older son and I had to get a cab home after Jinelle's bomb.

Plus, it will almost be a men's game as the dogs are, well... manly?

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    In reiviewing the season stats, 3 numbers jumped out at me. Smith was -4, Murray was -3 and 1st Star was -2. For a first line those numbers are bad. Basically they were the worst line defensively, which means they did a poor job of matching up with the other team's top lines. Last year the only forward with a - was Grotting @ -3.

So who starts in goal? Both played well. Go Bennett, then Goody?
    It's not fair to say that they were the worst line defensively. What it measn is that they had more goals scored on them at either even strength or when shorthand. If they were consistantly facing the other teams top lines, they would be expected to give up more goals. +/- isn't the right statistic to measure a lines defensive ability.

Regardless, you are correct that your top line has to be in on the possive side of +/- for your team to be sucessful over the course of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Carter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

In reiviewing the season stats, 3 numbers jumped out at me. Smith was -4, Murray was -3 and 1st Star was -2. For a first line those numbers are bad. Basically they were the worst line defensively, which means they did a poor job of matching up with the other team's top lines. Last year the only forward with a - was Grotting @ -3.

So who starts in goal? Both played well. Go Bennett, then Goody?

Leave a comment:

• Innova
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Bottom line;

The season is going to have to have a "Packer-esque" end of season run. PWR of 21 sucks, but it's a reality. I'm heading to the KC early with MCRJr who's in town. Going to get primed up at The Nitty Gritty.

Let's Go Red!
    In the spirit of this theory, here is my prediction for the rest of the season.

We barely squeak by CC next weekend, winning Friday and Sunday. Then we get a hot streak, and make it to the Final Five championship game where we lose a close one. This is just enough to make it to the NCAAs, where we play inspired hockey and bring home number 7.

If the Packers can do it, so can the Badgers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    There isn't discression on that. He hit the kid from behind, it's an automatic 5. I didn't even think it was questionable. It's such a dangerous play the guy almost went in head first. Stupid play.
    This is where the ref can call it boarding if he doesn't think it warrants a 5.

I only saw it in real time and haven't seen any replays. It didn't look horrible (in real time) but I was sure it was a penalty.

I will take your word for it and I agree, stupid play.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    a quick point, Zengerle again had a situation with a wide open look in the slot and chose to pass . I really don't understand that. If I'm a d-man that's the book on him, I would never worry about him shooting.

as for Ramage and the penalty I'm not a rules are rules guy. he pushed the CC player towards the boards but it wasn't malicious. he should have been smart enough not to take the penalty in the first place but that's moot now.

fatigue? not sure. If Baggot is correct and Schultz/Gardiner play 35-40mins a game I'd say that's crazy. the should play more like 30mins tops. re-load. that's why Simonelli, Faust are here. rely on them. give them 15-20 mins a game in the early part of the season and this is also a moot point.

speaking of Faust. he played some **** smart hockey last night I thought. good passes. didn't panic. some of the other guys (simo had a rough night) got caught not knowing what to do w/the puck.
    If the Zengerle play is the one I'm thinking of he was coming accross the slot on his back hand. If he was left handed it would have been a much easier play. That said, he needs to shoot more, and he knows it too.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

a quick point, Zengerle again had a situation with a wide open look in the slot and chose to pass . I really don't understand that. If I'm a d-man that's the book on him, I would never worry about him shooting.

as for Ramage and the penalty I'm not a rules are rules guy. he pushed the CC player towards the boards but it wasn't malicious. he should have been smart enough not to take the penalty in the first place but that's moot now.

fatigue? not sure. If Baggot is correct and Schultz/Gardiner play 35-40mins a game I'd say that's crazy. the should play more like 30mins tops. re-load. that's why Simonelli, Faust are here. rely on them. give them 15-20 mins a game in the early part of the season and this is also a moot point.

speaking of Faust. he played some **** smart hockey last night I thought. good passes. didn't panic. some of the other guys (simo had a rough night) got caught not knowing what to do w/the puck.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a video stream for the high school hockey game?
    I don't think they are streaming the championship since it's live on TV.

Leave a comment:

• CCtig
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    There isn't discression on that. He hit the kid from behind, it's an automatic 5. I didn't even think it was questionable. It's such a dangerous play the guy almost went in head first. Stupid play.
    Sir, I just watched the play and agree with you. Badger player clearly gave Dineen a shove, with players on skates it does not take much contact or much of a shove to put a player into the boards. Dineen did not take a dive, he was clearly moved off his skates by the push.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Does anyone have a link to a video stream for the high school hockey game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X