Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

    Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
    Sometimes Im so fantastic even I can stand to be around me.
    Like I said, Tech may be pathetic, but the Badgers still need to be aggressive and play hard if they want to win. There is no team at this level where 2 points is a given.
    If we win 3-1 tonight, I'm coming to you for future stock market advice.

    From what I gathered on the radio and watching a live blog, we were going through the motions last night. We cannot play down to competition (thank you Mr. Obvious). Tech is struggling; we should win by a larger than 2 goal margin.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-29-2011, 11:39 AM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

    Comment


    • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

      Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Did I see that right...?

      Kessel was the LAST pick in the All Star draft?
      .....and for not getting selected you receive.......A NEW CAR!!!
      Millionaires getting new $25,000 cars is like me getting a Formula 1 die-cast.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

      "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

      Comment


      • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

        Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        If we win 3-1 tonight, I'm coming to you for future stock market advice.
        If its a 3-1 win, Im going to start playing the lottery and dabbling in the stock market!
        Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        .....and for not getting selected you receive.......A NEW CAR!!!
        Millionaires getting new $25,000 cars is like me getting a Formula 1 die-cast.
        LOL...yeah, the league should have just saved the $25k and donated that to charity too. Im pretty sure these guys, even Kessel, dont need a new car.
        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
        Originally posted by MadCityRich
        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

        Comment


        • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

          With the Badgers not getting any power play goal this weekend, I have to say that sucks but of our 8 goals 7 were on 5x5 and 1 on PK. Found new way to score.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

          Comment


          • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

            Good sweep.

            Gotta get all 4 points and it shows that this team is growing up that they didn't falter.

            Comment


            • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

              Surprised to get home from fill the bowl and read Bennett started tonight. That just tells you how much Eaves thinks of Tech.

              Good thing CC and the rodents lost tonight.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 01-29-2011, 11:13 PM.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                If we win 3-1 tonight, I'm coming to you for future stock market advice.
                Awwww, I was so close! Good win for the Badgers.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

                Comment


                • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                  Wisconsin has gone 4-0 now on a stretch where I was expecting 3-1 (mankato is just tough every year), and at 19-8-3 are miles ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. To be honest I was expecting a .500 record to be the best they could do in such a huge rebuilding phase (including the new coaches as part of that, how they mesh with Coach Eaves and the players, etc).

                  I have no idea what to expect out of UW at Nebraska. A split would be ideal I think as UNO really seems to be one of the top 5 teams on many nights. Hopefully UW plays their best each night and at least gives themselves a chance.

                  as for the Rats, SCSU and CC it's possible UW goes 4-2 through that stretch which would give them 24-12-3.

                  I'd have to say I'd concur w/Chuck then. If UW gets to that kind of record that should give Mike Eaves COTY hands-down. hell, I'd contend just getting 20 wins in these circumstances should make Eaves a top 2 contender for that award.

                  get pumped for UNO guys, 120 minutes no alibis no regrets
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                  "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                  "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                  Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                    Just got back from Houghton couple of observations from Saturday's game.

                    1) Bennett played very well. Stopped a couple of very tough shots. Didn't wander around, stayed in the net most of the evening. The one goal was a great shot, didn't have much chance on it.

                    2) Genoe for Tech played out of his mind, stopping several excellent chances by UW.

                    3) Dolan's goal was highlight real, very good shot over the right shoulder, off the post and in.

                    4) Schultz and Gardiner controlled the play all night, and Schultz goal was a rocket, perfectly placed.

                    5) Smith's misconduct was crap, he didn't even hit the guy, he slipped into the board and Smith happened to be right there and got run. They moved Lee up to the first line center. Just doesn't look strong enough at this level.

                    Besides that, first time in Houghton, was very impressed with the rink. Not many people there though, and most of those who were there were Badger fans!

                    Comment


                    • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                      Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Wisconsin has gone 4-0 now on a stretch where I was expecting 3-1 (mankato is just tough every year), and at 19-8-3 are miles ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point. To be honest I was expecting a .500 record to be the best they could do in such a huge rebuilding phase (including the new coaches as part of that, how they mesh with Coach Eaves and the players, etc).

                      I have no idea what to expect out of UW at Nebraska. A split would be ideal I think as UNO really seems to be one of the top 5 teams on many nights. Hopefully UW plays their best each night and at least gives themselves a chance.

                      as for the Rats, SCSU and CC it's possible UW goes 4-2 through that stretch which would give them 24-12-3.

                      I'd have to say I'd concur w/Chuck then. If UW gets to that kind of record that should give Mike Eaves COTY hands-down. hell, I'd contend just getting 20 wins in these circumstances should make Eaves a top 2 contender for that award.

                      get pumped for UNO guys, 120 minutes no alibis no regrets
                      UNO has been struggling since their big start. They are a talented team though, w/ a great coach and being on the road doesn't make it any easier. While the week off could be considered a momentum killer, I think the team could use the rest now, and be ready for the next 8 games, since they are all big.

                      Looking at it from the prespective of the PWR, all 8 games will be considered vs TUCs and in some way, shape or form, all 8 games will count against someone in the vs Common Opponents. As for right now, the Badgers are 6-8-3 against TUCs, and they lose the majority of those comparisons, but have a nice RPI and have done well vs Common Opponents. The latter two help them overall win all but 7 comparisons. While I think they can only flip 2 comparisons of those 7, if they falter significantly down the stretch, they could lose several comparisons and drop in the PWR.

                      Basically, they just need to keep winning. I'd be happy w/ splitting on the road and sweeping at home for a 6-2 record. Lock up a spot in the NCAA tourney and 4th place in the WCHA by my estimates. The losses by CC and umn helped last weekend opening up some breathing room for home ice in the 1st round, and both of those teams have tough matchups this weekend facing DU and UMD respectively. I'd obviously prefer the Badgers just keep winning and control their destiny but it doesn't hurt when those right behind in the standings falter, opening some breathing room.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                        The Friday game of the UNO series will be on the Wisconsin Channel, picking up the feed from a Nebraska public tv station. Kudos to whoever put that together.

                        UW Badgers.com story

                        Comment


                        • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                          Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Did I see that right...?

                          Kessel was the LAST pick in the All Star draft?

                          Tee hee hee


                          Seriously though, talk about a value pick.
                          You and Chuck like to rip on Kessel for getting picked last as if it's a bad thing.....just curious how many NHL all star games have you two have played in?

                          Comment


                          • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                            Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                            You and Chuck like to rip on Kessel for getting picked last as if it's a bad thing.....just curious how many NHL all star games have you two have played in?
                            I hate this argument no matter the sport. It's so ridiculous. If you adhere to it, there is literally nothing in the world that you can have an opinion on.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                              And honestly, we all just like to rip on Kessel for being Kessel, making the wrong choice on where to go to college & thereby failing to win a nat'l championship in his home town. It was a joy watching his pride get wounded again. I suspect that a lot of Bruins & Leafs fans feel the same way.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                                Originally posted by dvgmacdonald View Post
                                And honestly, we all just like to rip on Kessel for being Kessel, making the wrong choice on where to go to college & thereby failing to win a nat'l championship in his home town. It was a joy watching his pride get wounded again. I suspect that a lot of Bruins & Leafs fans feel the same way.
                                I wonder what Phil's mom thought about him being taken last? I'll bet she had some harsh words for Staal and Lidstrom...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X