Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
    Looks like the non-conference games are set for next year. All 6 games will be at home with the opening weekend against Northern Michigan. Thanksgiving weekend against Mercyhurst and after the new year against RIT. No road series in Alaska next year so will be only these 6 games.
    Hopefully after the New Year? I thought they stopped having the Showdown because attendance with games on New Year's Eve were terrible, but apparently not.

Anyways, I'm not renewing my season tickets next year, sick of driving 2.5 hours each way and trying to find people to go with (and the sterilized/overly PC environment).

I forget what the policy is on transferring season tickets to others, but I thought you could do so? If that's a possibility and anybody would be interested, shoot me a PM. I have Saturday night tickets, 201 row A seats 1-4 (right behind the Badger net periods 1 and 3).

Comment

I know this is the mens thread, but wanted to give a quick plug for the Badger women (#1 in the country) hosting Minnesota Friday and Saturday night at the Kohl Center. Saturday night is Fill the Bowl with $1 admission (UW students free) and most of the surrounding lot parking is free. For those who haven't seen the Wisconsin womens team play, it's better hockey than you probably think it is.

I would recommend to those planning on going to get your tickets in advance if possible. Sometimes there is a bottleneck issue at the ticket office when they have games with relatively larger crowds.

Overall, it's a pretty fun experience at a really good price (normal price is only $5).

Comment

My predictions for this week:
        Friday UW 5 MTU 1
        Saturday UW 7 MTU 2
        Keep up the good work Badgers.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
          I know this is the mens thread, but wanted to give a quick plug for the Badger women (#1 in the country) hosting Minnesota Friday and Saturday night at the Kohl Center. Saturday night is Fill the Bowl with $1 admission (UW students free) and most of the surrounding lot parking is free. For those who haven't seen the Wisconsin womens team play, it's better hockey than you probably think it is.
          Very true. As long as you can get past the fact that theres no checking, it is great hockey. Its pretty insane just how good some of our girls are in terms of skating and shooting ability.
          Hopefully there is a huge turnout and they set a new record for indoor attendance. I was planning to attend, but decided to go to the Milwaukee vs Rockford AHL game instead. Going to an Admirals game and an Icehogs game has been on my to-do list and I figured this weekend would be a good time to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
          Last edited by GoBucky36; 01-27-2011, 08:57 PM.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            My predictions for this week:
            Friday UW 5 MTU 1
            Saturday UW 7 MTU 2
            Keep up the good work Badgers.
            I dont know about that, Tech is no pushover and the Badgers dont have the high-powered offensive explosion that we are used to seeing.
            IMO, it will be closer to:
            Friday UW 4, MTU 2
            Saturday UW 3, MTU 1
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
              I dont know about that, Tech is no pushover and the Badgers dont have the high-powered offensive explosion that we are used to seeing.
              Friday UW 4, MTU 2
              Saturday UW 3, MTU 1
              Tech defines pushover.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Tech defines pushover.
                I'm worried though. They have to be due at some point right?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                  I'm worried though. They have to be due at some point right?
                  I don't know. They are pretty bad. Additionally they are terrible on the penalty kill, which is a good match up since we like to score on the PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Tech defines pushover.
                    I had to drop by to agree with this analysis. Even as a diehard, ever-optimistic MTU booster, I have to sadly agree that the team is in a complete shambles. The best 5 forwards on an already crappy team have been out most of the season, and last week a number of our starting should-be benchwarmers got beat up as well. They're skating cripples. They literally haven't scored a goal, let alone come close to a win, in weeks. And it's getting worse. It would be preferable to watch girls jr. high basketball this weekend to this series- and the jr. high girls team could probably beat Tech right now.

The Badgers won't even break a sweat.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Very true. As long as you can get past the fact that theres no checking...
                      I was shocked at how much hitting there was when I went to the UMD game after Txgiving. Maybe the ref's let a lot go that game, I don't know. The only other women's game I saw was RPI in the first game of the yr, but UW was so much better, they constantly controlled the puck, so there was really no need to muscle any RPI gals off the puck. I am seriously condisering getting 4 season tickets for the UW gals next year, but wifey poo is a bit against it. She doesn't think women should play hockey; it's a man's sport. 4 tickets will be enough for me and the kids to go, but I ponder the consequences of such a purchase. I'd like to keep enjoying married life.

Tech....Don't underestimate even the most aweful team, you never know. A sieve of thier's might play the game of his life; of course then it would still be a 0-0 tie.

Eaves can't let the boys take it easy tonight. Kato won 2 of 4 periods last weekend and it took Goody to bring home the bacon for the Badgers in the 3rd periods.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Friday UW 4, MTU 2
                        Saturday UW 3, MTU 1
                        Dude!
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

2 points is 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Dude!
                            Sometimes Im so fantastic even I can stand to be around me.
                            Like I said, Tech may be pathetic, but the Badgers still need to be aggressive and play hard if they want to win. There is no team at this level where 2 points is a given.
                            Last edited by GoBucky36; 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Did I see that right...?

Kessel was the LAST pick in the All Star draft?

Tee hee hee

Seriously though, talk about a value pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Did I see that right...?

Kessel was the LAST pick in the All Star draft?

Tee hee hee

Seriously though, talk about a value pick.
                                Not surprising. Even in his hometown they cant stand him.

Comment

Working...
                                X