Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

It must be nice to be complaining about a win being "blah."
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Just got back from the game....

That goal Goody allowed was ugly, rebound control was off a tad, but other than that he was very good.

The 3rd period was crap by UW, outshot 16-3; luckily the big dogs saved the day on the go ahead goal.

The pp was too tentative.

Not much net crashing.

What the hell are the students singing roll out the barrell 4 times in a row late in the 3rd period (under 6 to go) of a 1 goal game? That was poor planning. That's not a rev the crowd up cheer. I wanted to choke someone.

Reffing was terribly inconsistant; but what else is new....

UW's in a decent spot in the standings, 4 pts ahead of the 6-7 place teams, but having played 2 more games. Too bad UND didn't sweep UNO, so UW could have gone into town tied with them. UW has to play a much tighter and consistant game if they want some pts out of Nebraska. A split is imperitive; a sweep would be perfect, but unlikely.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        It must be nice to be complaining about a win being "blah."
        We just didn't play that well. Starting to buy into Buck'em's thoughts from last night as well. Yeah we got a sweep but it wasn't because we played 120 great minutes of hockey.

Comment

I agree TimothyA, that 3rd period was ugly. Don't just hold on for that win, that's how you lose.

as for the student section, I'm of the opinion right now that we should try and get a group of people to bring back some of the old cheers from the wild days of the Great Dane!

yes, the rumble rink! the chant at opposing teams goals

rat goal scored by x... "Who?", assisted by x "so what!", rat goal scored by x assisted by x at 2:00 "big deal!!"

and when UW gets a penalty box monster like Gary Bunz we bring back the "Hi Gary" or "Hi x" whomever it is who gets hauled to the box too frequently

the students are awesome but bringing back some of these cheers will raise the amount of fun and make the atmosphere that much better. it will be NUTS!
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Too bad UND didn't sweep UNO, so UW could have gone into town tied with them. UW has to play a much tighter and consistant game if they want some pts out of Nebraska. A split is imperitive; a sweep would be perfect, but unlikely.
            Lol Timmy...you realize there is 3 weeks until we play UNO right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              We just didn't play that well. Starting to buy into Buck'em's thoughts from last night as well. Yeah we got a sweep but it wasn't because we played 120 great minutes of hockey.
              My point was that Mankato fans would be happy to have to put up with blah wins.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I’ll tell you what… having one of the best college hockey environments in country, it is disappointing that every cheer from the student section ends with “sucks dic#”. From the traditions, the band, the fans, student section and the singing of varsity between the 2nd and 3rd, I love everything about Wisconsin hockey. Is it really a requirement to add “sucks dic#” to the end of everything??
                Let's GO FRIARS!!
                Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Friars Fan View Post
                  I’ll tell you what… having one of the best college hockey environments in country, it is disappointing that every cheer from the student section ends with “sucks dic#”. From the traditions, the band, the fans, student section and the singing of varsity between the 2nd and 3rd, I love everything about Wisconsin hockey. Is it really a requirement to add “sucks dic#” to the end of everything??
                  It started two or three years ago those chants. They are unbearable to everyone else as well. For some reason the younger students feel now that they are away from mamma och pappa it is cool to swear about everything. Those endings to cheers are very annoying and need to stop.

Comment

For those who actually get to watch the games, are the Badgers sitting back and playing D in the third period lately. The last 4 games they have been outshot 50-15 in the third period, or does Eaves need to step up the conditioning?
                    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                      For those who actually get to watch the games, are the Badgers sitting back and playing D in the third period lately. The last 4 games they have been outshot 50-15 in the third period, or does Eaves need to step up the conditioning?
                      And the game prior to those four, the Saturday Canisius game, while they did outshoot Canisius, they ****ed away a 3-2 lead entering the 3rd by playing stupid hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        It started two or three years ago those chants. They are unbearable to everyone else as well. For some reason the younger students feel now that they are away from mamma och pappa it is cool to swear about everything. Those endings to cheers are very annoying and need to stop.
                        Yeah, I don't get it either. The cheers used to be vulgar sometimes, but they were a lot more clever.

Anyone else enjoy the interview with Butters on TV? I also found Eaves' comments re: BTHC were very telling.

Comment

kind of an alumni questrion here..... Whatever happened to Dave Tanabe? Injuries? I'm surprised he's not still playing.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Lol Timmy...you realize there is 3 weeks until we play UNO right?
                            Yeah, I guess I misread the schedule last night; it was pretty late. So it's imperative to sweep Tech this weekend, then make it through the bye, then roll into NE within 2 pts.

I don't think UW necessarily sat back last night by design, Kato just wanted to more in the 3rd than UW did.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
                              I also found Eaves' comments re: BTHC were very telling.
                              So what did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                So what did he say?
                                Made it sound like it was a done deal, and fans would love it. He said something about it becoming another "revenue" sport for the BTN after football and basketball. Said casual fans would be attracted to seeing Big Ten teams, which is probably true. Kinda dissed all the WCHA rivalries. I thought he'd couch his comments a little more.

Oh, and I can't post without saying GO PACKERS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X