Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

    Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
    Totally agree. I think it's a younger generation of fans that think No Dak is a bigger rival. I'll go to my grave hating all of you.
    now that's what I'm talking about! ...
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


    "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

    "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

    Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

    Comment


    • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

      Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      I'm over the age of 12 and don't have any kids, so no...I was not in attendance. Lol.
      LOL...wow. At least we clearly know where Chuck stands on skate with the Badgers.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

      Comment


      • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

        Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
        LOL...wow. At least we clearly know where Chuck stands on skate with the Badgers.
        I just think its creepy for adults to go skate around with college kids if you didn't bring kids of your own.

        Comment


        • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

          Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          I just think its creepy for adults to go skate around with college kids if you didn't bring kids of your own.
          Understood. My reasons for wanting to go had much more to do with the chance to skate on the Kohl Center ice than it did for wanting to meet or get an autograph from any player. I couldnt care less about the players but being able to say I skated at the Kohl would be kind of cool.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

          Comment


          • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

            Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
            Understood. My reasons for wanting to go had much more to do with the chance to skate on the Kohl Center ice than it did for wanting to meet or get an autograph from any player. I couldnt care less about the players but being able to say I skated at the Kohl would be kind of cool.
            I've taken my son (12 now) about 5 or 6 times over the years and it IS very cool to get to go on the ice. Do it some time if you get the chance. No one will even notice (or care) that you don't have a kid with you. Heck, take a lady friend. I've seen couples there before.

            We didn't go this year as he had a game of his own that night and I'm a little sad as he was only borderline interested this year and I'm sure he won't want to do it next year. So another era of parenthood passes into oblivion.

            Lots of good memories and photos of him with Suter, Bourque, Turris, Burish, Skille, Gilbert, Pavelski, etc, etc, etc. Got most of them printed 8 x 10 and signed. He even wanted to take a picture one year so we have a picture of me with Licari (unsigned).

            Hopefully I can still skate when grandkids come along.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-18-2011, 12:24 AM.

            Comment


            • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

              Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              I'm over the age of 12 and don't have any kids, so no...I was not in attendance. Lol.
              Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Gasp...me.
              Alright, it's one or the other buddy! You can't be over 12 and also an NBA fan...

              Comment


              • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I've taken my son (12 now) about 5 or 6 times over the years and it IS very cool to get to go on the ice. Do it some time if you get the chance. No one will even notice (or care) that you don't have a kid with you. Heck, take a lady friend. I've seen couples there before.
                Thanks. Its my intention to go one of these years. Last winter I skated on the outdoor rink they had at Camp Randall for the outdoor game and it was fun.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

                Comment


                • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                  Quick question for Badger fans. I have a friend trying to get a hold of a game worn Mike Davies jersey... I know how hard it is to get game worn items at the collegiate level, but I was wondering if anyone would have any leads, or the best way to contact the team about getting one.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                    I want to thank Chuck over on Sixty Minutes for noting that the game Friday is on the Wisconsin Channel live. Now I have something to do. Haha
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

                    Comment


                    • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                      Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Quick question for Badger fans. I have a friend trying to get a hold of a game worn Mike Davies jersey... I know how hard it is to get game worn items at the collegiate level, but I was wondering if anyone would have any leads, or the best way to contact the team about getting one.
                      The only ones I know of for sure that are made available are from the special games like last year's Camp Randall game. I know that's not much help.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                        Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        I want to thank Chuck over on Sixty Minutes for noting that the game Friday is on the Wisconsin Channel live. Now I have something to do. Haha
                        Thats what UWBadgers.com claims but I don't see it on the TV Guide.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Thats what UWBadgers.com claims but I don't see it on the TV Guide.
                          It's on digital channel 21.2.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

                          Comment


                          • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                            Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Quick question for Badger fans. I have a friend trying to get a hold of a game worn Mike Davies jersey... I know how hard it is to get game worn items at the collegiate level, but I was wondering if anyone would have any leads, or the best way to contact the team about getting one.
                            A friend of mine had a Davies jersey, but I'm not sure if he sold it. If I find something out, I'll send you a message, because at the time I know he was looking to sell it. Not sure, but it might have been a showdown jersey from last season.

                            Contacting UW probably won't get you anywhere. I've been told, they have jerseys going back a long, long time, hence they don't sell them or anything like that. They sometimes release a jersey for use in a charity auction. I scored an AWESOME Jamie McBain last summer that way at the Joe Pavelski charity goal outing.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                              Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                              A friend of mine had a Davies jersey, but I'm not sure if he sold it. If I find something out, I'll send you a message, because at the time I know he was looking to sell it. Not sure, but it might have been a showdown jersey from last season.

                              Contacting UW probably won't get you anywhere. I've been told, they have jerseys going back a long, long time, hence they don't sell them or anything like that. They sometimes release a jersey for use in a charity auction. I scored an AWESOME Jamie McBain last summer that way at the Joe Pavelski charity goal outing.
                              Caugh Caugh...thanks to Chuck.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

                                Where the F is everybody?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X