Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

anyone know why the Badgers wore their road jerseys against UMass?

Comment

Ryan McDonagh has been called up by the New York Rangers per Larry Brooks of the NY Post.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
        anyone know why the Badgers wore their road jerseys against UMass?
        Rumor is the Badgers will wear red jersey vs. Non conference teams to treat fans to something new.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Been a while since I stayed in Madison. Where is a good (inexpensive) place to stay within walking distance of the Kohl/State Street?

Comment

Hey Chuck where is your Monday bracketology. Just joking take your time you always do some much for us Badger fans.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
              That is what the refs announced it as. While your statement in correct, they ARE two different things. Since contact to the head is not always grabbing the facemask.

The boxscore says "facemasking."
              ah, got it. thanks. I'd forgotten about "facemasking"...I think the last time I heard that called was at the Dane
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                Been a while since I stayed in Madison. Where is a good (inexpensive) place to stay within walking distance of the Kohl/State Street?
                University Inn is the closest - right off of State Street on Frances. I have no idea if it's any good or not, or cheap for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  Hey Chuck where is your Monday bracketology. Just joking take your time you always do some much for us Badger fans.
                  There was some confusion on if the Pairwise rankings had been updated or not so I decided to wait to do it until I was sure.

Comment

Well, the Golden Griffins are coming to town this weekend. Seeing the term "Golden" in their nickname is reason enough to want to crush them. They have only played 1 game since 12/18, and it was a 10-2 loss @ UND.

Does Bennett see any ice this weekend?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Well, the Golden Griffins are coming to town this weekend. Seeing the term "Golden" in their nickname is reason enough to want to crush them. They have only played 1 game since 12/18, and it was a 10-2 loss @ UND.

Does Bennett see any ice this weekend?
                      I think Bennett plays saturday to keep him fresh and ready, but right now Goody is playing so well I see him playing both games down the stretch. W/ the exception of @ Tech, there are no "easy" WCHA games the rest of the way. Don't mean to throw Tech under the bus, but when you lose 13 in a row, well...
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...010311aaa.html
                        The University of Wisconsin and its men’s hockey program will honor 2010 Hobey Baker Memorial Award-winner Blake Geoffrion on Friday, Jan. 7 prior to its game against Canisius. The game, at the Kohl Center, begins at 7 p.m.
                        Gates open for the evening at 6 p.m. Geoffrion will be available for a limited amount of autographs between 6 and 6:30 p.m. at a table near section 111 on the Kohl Center concourse.

A Hobey Baker poster giveaway courtesy of Suttle Straus will run both for Friday and Saturday’s games.
                        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich
                        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Is Ramage playing this weekend.

My weekend predictions
                          Friday UW 8 CAN 1
                          Saturday UW 7 CAN 0
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Is Ramage playing this weekend.

My weekend predictions
                            Friday UW 8 CAN 1
                            Saturday UW 7 CAN 0
                            Personally, I'd like to see Ramage sit. One, rest his legs for the games that matter in the WCHA, and two get Faust another weekend of playing time and confidence building. He played well last weekend, but w/ Simonelli really taking the bull by the horns, stepping up and playing better, I don't see Frankie out of the lineup down the stretch. Of course, if Faust plays well enough, Springer could sit too.

UW shouldn't need him to win this weekend, and he deserves a little break and proudly represently the United States, but if he plays happy to have him out there.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Id agree with the notion of rest Ramage this weekend because they will need him to be healthy for the rest of the season.
                              I'll be at the game on Saturday and Im hoping for ice cream (frozen custard, actually, but whatever...)!
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                                Id agree with the notion of rest Ramage this weekend because they will need him to be healthy for the rest of the season.
                                I'll be at the game on Saturday and Im hoping for ice cream (frozen custard, actually, but whatever...)!
                                Yeah, Saturday night season ticket holders have been screwed this year - ice cream once. Friday night have gotten ice cream 4 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X