Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Really!? No On Wisconsin, no Varsity, no Bud Song, etc. I thought it was a good environment on Tuesday in spite of lack of band, not because of it. I'm curious what others think.
    I'm sorry to say but On Wisconsin and Varsity were both played.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

I'll concede that a recorded On Wisconsin was played when the team ran on the court before each half, but I don't remember Varsity at any point. Maybe when I went out at half to get a water, but not after the game. Either that or I was distracted by the near-brawl that almost broke out after the game in the student section between a couple of Gophers fans and one older Badger fan that was kind of looking for trouble.

Comment

Chuck I don't know where you got the Lineup for tonight game (Baggot) and put it on your blog but well yeah it was way off.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          Chuck I don't know where you got the Lineup for tonight game (Baggot) and put it on your blog but well yeah it was way off.
          It was just the projected lineup but I was in a hurry to drive to a high school game this afternoon and didn't have time to edit it when the real lineup was released.

Comment

I really liked the way that Derek Lee played tonight. I hope the he's earned some more ice time.
            Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

I'm listening to the UMass feed on the internet...what a pair of idiots. "The Badgers are goons", the "WCHA is a goon league"...there was a "donnybrook at the end of the 1st period"....."the Badgers have been running the goalies all weekend.."...."something bad is gonna happen before the end of the game..."

I was watching the game on TV; to listen to these guys one would have thought that it was the biggest goon game ever and it was just a typical hockey game.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

good week for UW, exactly what they needed in terms of getting 2 w's.

I caught the game on FSN-WI tonight but they didn't show a replay of why Zengerle and the UMASS goalie both got 5 mins and game misconducts.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                  I really liked the way that Derek Lee played tonight. I hope the he's earned some more ice time.
                  Yeah Lee plays like that, he'll do great things down the stretch. When I saw him working hard in the corner, I knew a light must have turned on for this young man. It will be hard for Eaves to keep him out of the lineup if he continues to do the little things.

As for the Badgers gooning it up, UMASS was game for the back and forth all weekend. I thought it was two scrappy hockey teams going at it.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I was out of town and missed the second game. What did Zengerle do to get kicked out?

Comment

contact to the head thing. They never showed a replay on fsn. it was during a scrum where the UMASS goalie also got the boot.

I didn't see what the goalie did either but I think they said contact to the head as well.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I was out of town and missed the second game. What did Zengerle do to get kicked out?
                        1st Star got the boot for grabbing the face mask, not contact to the head. It was pretty obvious (to me at least) in the corner when he was going at it w/ a UMASS player.

The UMASS goalie getting ejected was a huge boon for UW, he was playing well, and his replacement wasn't of the same caliber. While 1st Star was a big loss for the last 40 minutes for the Badgers, their goalie was a much bigger loss for UMASS.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          1st Star got the boot for grabbing the face mask, not contact to the head. It was pretty obvious (to me at least) in the corner when he was going at it w/ a UMASS player.

The UMASS goalie getting ejected was a huge boon for UW, he was playing well, and his replacement wasn't of the same caliber. While 1st Star was a big loss for the last 40 minutes for the Badgers, their goalie was a much bigger loss for UMASS.
                          not to quibble but grabbing the facemask (didn't see that on tv) IS contact to the head, heretofore I'd never heard that grabbing someone's shield or mask was a penalty but it must be part of that new rule now.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf the red View Post
                            Zengerle got the boot for grabbing the face mask, not contact to the head. It was pretty obvious (to me at least) in the corner when he was going at it w/ a umass player.

The umass goalie getting ejected was a huge boon for uw, he was playing well, and his replacement wasn't of the same caliber. While Zengerle was a big loss for the last 40 minutes for the badgers, their goalie was a much bigger loss for umass.
                            fyp!

Originally posted by chuck schwartz View Post
                            death to ****ty nicknames.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              not to quibble but grabbing the facemask (didn't see that on tv) IS contact to the head, heretofore I'd never heard that grabbing someone's shield or mask was a penalty but it must be part of that new rule now.
                              That is what the refs announced it as. While your statement in correct, they ARE two different things. Since contact to the head is not always grabbing the facemask.

The boxscore says "facemasking."
                              Last edited by Gandalf the Red; 01-03-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah, grabbing the facemask is a distinct penalty on its own. Can't remember which Badger it was, but I clearly remember it being called against us during that fight fest playoff series against Anchorage played at the Coliseum years ago.
                                "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Working...
                                X