Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Eaves had a great "Eaves-ism" in his post game chat with Posick today. Talking about coming out ready to play (paraphrasing), "Well, you want to come out with a fire already burning, so you can just drop a match and go. We didn't have that fire going today, so we're on the bench looking for twigs and sticks to get it going."

Comment

I have a bit of news. I have an in with a guy who talks with the asst coaches and shuie told him that Patrick Johnson had a mild concussion. I don't know if Eaves talked about it but Johnson has looked a little better so far. Lets hope its nothing serious.

Comment

that is an AWESOME Eaves-ism!
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Agreed! No disrespect to UAH, but they were the hockey team's Austin Peay. It's nice to score goals, but next weekend the lights come on for real. I'm excited that the season is finally here and can't wait to see the "youngsters" in action.
          agreed. I want to see how Barnes, Zengerle, Mersch et al fair when the going gets tough. although I'm beginning to suspect that BU might have been a good indicator of how these guys can play against great competition
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Id definetly agree that its great that the Badgers had such a strong showing this weekend, but beating Alabama-Huntsville is nothing to brag about and that the real test is Denver next weekend.
            Oh and Im glad that someone else started the new thread and took the flack for giving it a dumb title.
            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
            Originally posted by MadCityRich
            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
              I have a bit of news. I have an in with a guy who talks with the asst coaches and shuie told him that Patrick Johnson had a mild concussion. I don't know if Eaves talked about it but Johnson has looked a little better so far. Lets hope its nothing serious.
              He kind of hemmed and hawed and said it was just a precautionary thing. I didn't make it to today's game, but I did think Johnson was decent on Friday night, especially as a "grinder" type of guy.

Comment

Happy New Years College hockey fans.

1) Puck movement looked sharp for this early in the year
                2) Power play was working, though they need to take more shots.
                3) Freshmen look good (goals, hits, assists...ect.....)
                4) There is a vibe about this team.... I like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                  Id definetly agree that its great that the Badgers had such a strong showing this weekend, but beating Alabama-Huntsville is nothing to brag about and that the real test is Denver next weekend.
                  Oh and Im glad that someone else started the new thread and took the flack for giving it a dumb title.
                  That's what I'm here for.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

I think the Badgers need to come out and take it to Denver next weekend. Their offense is depleted, their defense is young, and they have two unproven goalies. BC swept them this weekend, though they are easily the best team in the country too.

This weekend reminds me of 3 seasons ago following a "pre-season tourney" when Roberto Morris came in, got rolled, and that built up TOO MUCH confidence for the team. It was a great weekend, especially for the younger players, but I hope they don't think too well of themselves just yet.

Overall, a great start to another season at the Kohl Center!
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Was at the Friday game, and even considering who we were playing, they looked pretty good. We did what we are supposed to do to that caliber of opponent. Schultz and Gardner look very good on the PP, Zegerle is as advertised. Offense seemed much more up-tempo then in recent years, less of the defined "cycle!!!", more creativity and flow. Guddy wasn't challenged, but did his job and got the SO. Looking forward to what they do out west against Denver!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                        Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                        That's what I'm here for.
                        This thread title makes me think of Star Trek. The next thread title better not be 'Voyager' or 'Deep Space Nine'.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Ended up getting rid of my tickets for yesterday...I see they say the attendance was 11,700 - how full was it actually?

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            Their offense is depleted, their defense is young, and they have two unproven goalies.
                            DU's defense has 4 seniors, a junior, 3 sophomores and one freshman.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                              Ended up getting rid of my tickets for yesterday...I see they say the attendance was 11,700 - how full was it actually?
                              Not even close to being that many. The student section was not completely full in the 100's section. I would say there was about 8000...and that is still generous.

Comment

I was at the Friday game. In the STUDENT section...**** did I feel old.

UW was solid and looked sharp on the pp. What you have to do at home is jump all over an inferior opponent and take advantage of opportunities. They did exactly that, and cruised to a pretty easy W.

Schultz is big time. He looked composed out there, particularly qb'ing the pp. I also thought Craig Smith was a man amongst boys. Jake Gardiner might be the best skater in the WCHA. ****, can that kid pick em up and set em down.

The kid I was really impressed with was Zengerle. Quick, shifty, good instincts in open ice, and his play on the wing on the pp was solid. Was also impressed by Barnes, who seems to always be around the play.

Was glad to see Hartzog bag a goal, and was also glad to see a lot of variety on the scoresheet.

Big test next week at DU. We'll see how this team responds on the road against a good DU club.

Wisconsin Hockey: Gilreath...Touchdown Wisconsin!
                                "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Working...
                                X