Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

There are still tickets available for this weekends series. Buy them up Badgers fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Are you serious with this?
      To a point, perhaps it was a bit of an exaggeration though.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/genrel/110310aab.html
        Sounds like Barry is hankering for some new facilities.... for football. Sounds like he may have a point, article made me chuckle though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
          I wish I could see the whole ice about 5 seconds before that hit. To me, it looks like Malone is coming to hit him regardless, Martin is looking up, should see this coming, then looks down and in that moment is crushed. I see more elbow this time, but I see shoulder first then some elbow as the body follows through. I'm certainly not defending Malone, but hard to slow down at that point because a player randomly puts their head down. Had Martin not put his head down, would this even be a discussion? He probably would have landed on his *** after a big hit.

Gurtholfin makes some great pts in his two posts. North Dakota plays to punish you w/ every hit, not injury you. They play a very physical style of play, and largely it is effective for them; they intimidate their opponents, or try to at least. Even w/ taht said, I can't believe these kids go out there planning to injure people, maybe Brett Hextall, but not the whole lot.

Hard hit on a guy who momentarily put his head down, wrong place wrong time, horrible injury. Hope Jesse Martin gets better soon and is back on the ice for DU next season.
          What would've happened if that hit occurred in the NHL? Methinks there would have been a slobber knocker of a fight.

(Before switching to the NJ @ CHI game, I was watching TOR @ WASH on TSN. Is there anybody more ****ing annoying than Pierre McDouché?)
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-03-2010, 07:44 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Article on B Smith

http://theahl.com/red-wings-have-hig...-smith-p167171

Comment

Per Baggot, Gardiner and Schulz will be paired together this weekend, while Ramage and Johnson will also pair together.

UW coach Mike Eaves paired junior and assistant captain Jake Gardiner and sophomore Justin Schultz -- two very offensive-minded blue-liners -- together.

"There's some rational reasons,'' Eaves said, noting that both play on the same power play unit, "but also it gives us a chance to see what they can do 5-on-5.''

Sophomore John Ramage and senior Craig Johnson -- two very defensive-minded, stay-at-home guys -- are working together as well.

"They can shut down teams, too,'' Eaves said of the Ramage-Johnson duo. "We have two tandems of defensemen we can throw out there.''
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Eaves must have saw something in practice that must look amazing on O to pair Schultz and Gardiner together. Gardiner has been much better in his own zone, so probably helped the decision. Not sure what everyone else thought, but being there last Friday, Schultz did not look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                  Not sure what everyone else thought, but being there last Friday, Schultz did not look good.
                  I was at the game Saturday and Schultz was unimpressive, at best...
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                  "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                    Eaves must have saw something in practice that must look amazing on O to pair Schultz and Gardiner together. Gardiner has been much better in his own zone, so probably helped the decision. Not sure what everyone else thought, but being there last Friday, Schultz did not look good.
                    He looked better on saturday, he was horrible on friday night. If Eaves is going to pair Faust & Simonelli together, that must mean the four dmen will be getting a lot of minutes. I wonder if he experimented w/ Johnson and Ramage paired w/ one of the freshman each? Both are great in their own zone, and Ramage proved he can clean up for anyone after playing w/ Smith last season.

I just wonder, long term, if Gardiner, Ramage, Schultz & Johnson are logging 25 minutes+ a night each, how that will effect them as the season wears on. I wish UW would keep track of ice time, so I could compare to season's past. Sure McBain in 2008/09 played a ton of minutes, McDonagh last season, but the three lines were rolled consistently.
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

The Faust/Simonelli pairing is making me very worried. I'm also worried about the Gardiner/Schultz pairing. If they both get all run and gunny it's going to be ugly. The D better all remeber thier first responsibility is D first. You can only count on the rodents screwing up so many 2 on 1's before they get lucky.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        The Faust/Simonelli pairing is making me very worried. I'm also worried about the Gardiner/Schultz pairing. If they both get all run and gunny it's going to be ugly. The D better all remeber thier first responsibility is D first. You can only count on the rodents screwing up so many 2 on 1's before they get lucky.
                        Hopefully BB and Goody stand on their heads this weekend. The rodents have actually been playing halfway decent lately, so we might need our goalies at their best to bail us out.

Comment

wow. on the pre-game interview nate condon says the gophers are creative and wisconsin is more of a trapping defensive team. did he see even one game last year or heard about the UW running and gunning this year? the trap years are over.

what a tool. I hope he gets put on his prissy *** this weekend
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

For those of you keeping score, the Bucks got bounced on FSN Wisconsin for Badger hockey tonight. I know it's the Minnesota game, but it's about time.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              For those of you keeping score, the Bucks got bounced on FSN Wisconsin for Badger hockey tonight. I know it's the Minnesota game, but it's about time.
                              Not on Dish Network. I'm watching it on Fox North as I type. Fox WI had the Bucks on Dish.

There is a Frazee, Minnesota; is there a Kangas, Minnesota soon to come?
                              Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Not on Dish Network. I'm watching it on Fox North as I type. Fox WI had the Bucks on Dish.

There is a Frazee, Minnesota; is there a Kangas, Minnesota soon to come?
                                The Bucks game wasn't televised tonight unless you have NBA League Pass. Dish probably just put it on the FSN North channel because they were using the same feeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X