Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

    Now that we've all had our tasty Canadian cupcakes, the regular season begins.
    This year, the WCHA teams host the CCHA teams-- Friday night will see Tech hosting NMU and UMD hosting LSSU, and Sunday night Tech hosts LSSU and UMD hosts NMU.

    Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

  • #2
    Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

    Tasty Cupcakes and free warm Pizza. Mmmm

    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

    Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

    A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

    NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5


    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

      Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Tasty Cupcakes and free warm Pizza. Mmmm

      You're welcome for that. Now aren't you glad I made you go out there??
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        You're welcome for that. Now aren't you glad I made you go out there??
        Haha. Nobody else shot lefty. I was kind of forced to go out there and shoot. But yes, thank you!

        You need to stop taking hockey lessons from Techies.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

        Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

        A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

        NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5


        1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

          We went 2-1-0 against NMU last year. That's not enough for me. We didn't win that series: we just sucked less.

          I want more. I want 3-0-0. I want Carl Nielsen to make Mark Olver's head bleed. I want Brian Stewart to be castrated like a bull at center ice. I want Walt Kyle to be personally handed his pink slip by Rick Yeo in the locker room after the game. I want the entire NMU campus to catch H1N1 and die. I want the Westboro Baptist Church to picket the funerals. I want someone to take a swing at Fred Phelps so they can sue NMU and the city of Marquette out of their miserable existences. I want the city of Marquette to be left a destitute, smoking wasteland that puts the rest of the UP to shame.

          THERE! That oughta reignite the rivalry.

          (The following groups are exempt from the above, and will be having massive plates of cookies and kegs of KBC Amber sent their way: any NMU USCHO posters, the Puckheads, any Brothers, Pledges, advisors and prospectives of Mu Beta Psi Rho Chapter.)
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

            Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            (The following groups are exempt from the above, and will be having massive plates of cookies and kegs of KBC Amber sent their way: any NMU USCHO posters, the Puckheads, any Brothers, Pledges, advisors and prospectives of Mu Beta Psi Rho Chapter.)
            Thanks.

            And why would Rick Yeo be handing Walt Kyle a pink slip? I want Les Wong to hand Walt Kyle his pink slip, while he's wearing a pair of stripes and being pulled in an oxcart by Bernie Anderson.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

            Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.


            Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.


            Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

              NMU - Congrats in advance on your win this Friday.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                NMU - Congrats in advance on your win this Friday.
                My suspicion meter rating matches your current Boosh factor after this comment, sir...
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                  My suspicion meter rating matches your current Boosh factor after this comment, sir...
                  We looked like the same old same old starting with minute number 2 against Ryerson. We're still missing open nets like they're going out of style, giving up awful turnovers that lead to odd-man rushes, and taking gobs of stupid penalties. Robinson saved our bacon that game, and he shouldn't have to.

                  What we do have are freshmen contributing right away. Consider me sold on Evan Witt and Milos Gordic. Witt has breakaway speed and can score, and I'd like to see Gordic become a pest hanging around the net, which Tech sorely needs.

                  On paper, NMU's got this if they don't pee the bed like they did last year.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                    My suspicion meter rating matches your current Boosh factor after this comment, sir...
                    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    We looked like the same old same old starting with minute number 2 against Ryerson. We're still missing open nets like they're going out of style, giving up awful turnovers that lead to odd-man rushes, and taking gobs of stupid penalties. Robinson saved our bacon that game, and he shouldn't have to.

                    What we do have are freshmen contributing right away. Consider me sold on Evan Witt and Milos Gordic. Witt has breakaway speed and can score, and I'd like to see Gordic become a pest hanging around the net, which Tech sorely needs.

                    On paper, NMU's got this if they don't pee the bed like they did last year.
                    My comment was a joking sandbag attempt, but Twitch is also correct. No reason NMU shouldn't win by three or four if Tech gives up that many breakaways/odd mans again. Robinson's not going to stop them every time.

                    I say the Wildcats win 4-1 and Ronald makes his first USCHO appearance of the season.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      My comment was a joking sandbag attempt, but Twitch is also correct. No reason NMU shouldn't win by three or four if Tech gives up that many breakaways/odd mans again. Robinson's not going to stop them every time.

                      I say the Wildcats win 4-1 and Ronald makes his first USCHO appearance of the season.
                      Agreed, if not more so. 6-1 nmu. Tech has a lot of learning to do yet, and they don't know how to win or have the killer instinct it takes. Having said that they have a lot more talent than last year.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                      It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                        First games of the year are always tricky to predict or who is going out on top. The Cats need to come out of the gate and be hungry each and every game. THESE GAMES MATTER!!!!!!

                        Should be interesting and wish I could be home this time of the year.

                        LETS GO CATS!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                          Honestly, I foresee Friday's outcome being much closer than some are expecting after today's results in the Berry. Ryerson was in their 6th period play for the weekend, while going up against a team that was in their 3rd period. It didn't sound like until the 3rd period today that things really fell apart for them. During the pregame Coach Wise was wondering about the conditioning of his team.
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                            Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Honestly, I foresee Friday's outcome being much closer than some are expecting after today's results in the Berry. Ryerson was in their 6th period play for the weekend, while going up against a team that was in their 3rd period. It didn't sound like until the 3rd period today that things really fell apart for them. During the pregame Coach Wise was wondering about the conditioning of his team.
                            And I agree. Plus, we're talking a rivalry game. These things, as NMU learned all too well, are unpredictable at best and anything can happen.


                            So, hey... aren't there 3 other games here? And 2 other teams involved??
                            Always a Wildcat...
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2009 Superior Showcase--NMU, LSSU, Tech, and tUMD

                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              And I agree. Plus, we're talking a rivalry game. These things, as NMU learned all too well, are unpredictable at best and anything can happen.


                              So, hey... aren't there 3 other games here? And 2 other teams involved??
                              Paging tUMD and LSSU...

                              And where is tMEg to declare her love for Cummingsand the Bulldogs...
                              *****http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2592/173/66/6601573/n6601573_31914899_3805379.jpg******
                              Last edited by Flashy Man; 10-04-2009, 11:05 PM.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X