Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When Will The BHHC start up?

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    The big impact of losing Minnesota and Wisconsin from the WCHA would come from the DU season ticket base, which I believe would drop close to 20% if those schools left. This is a casual, transient hockey market, where brand names of opponents matter. If DU is not playing in a league with some big name schools, DU will be percieved as a small school and not worthy of the small amount attention they get now.
    Go back over the last 5 years or so (longer if you want a better sample) and compare the attendance numbers at DU for "brand name" opponents vs. "generic" and I think you'll find that your arbitrary guess at 20% is high.

I did exactly that last year (for DU) and the average loss in seats was below 400. It wasn't a pefectly designed exercise when I did it so that 400 could easily be +/- 100 folks (minimum).

In any case, it certainly isn't as high as 1200 people.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      a BHHC needs the uaa's of the world as cannon fodder. the only thing that makes the BTHC work is bringing in tOSU so everyone gets those 4 wins a year and as long as they play decent hockey they will have close to a winning conf record and with their home-heavy ooc schedule they have a shot at pwr and ncaa tourney play. BHHC will need that too. a league with all the leftover top teams (DU/CC/UND/MOH/UND/UMD-stretching it now) would need to entice loser teams to come join them as well.
      If and when some sort of conference realignment happens, I can promise that neither UAA or UAF will be interested in being a member of the BHHC. In fact, UAA and UAF will partner together and probably bring more than a couple of those proposed BHHC teams into "THEIR" conference.

DU's supercilious attitude regarding a Minnesota/Wisconsin departure is tiresome.

Comment

If I was the all powerful commissioner of the BHHC the following schools would get invited. Reasons will be given. Also organization will be addressed.

9 teams invited
        3 pods of teams. each pod will play each other 4 times throughout the season. Teams in other pods will be played at least twice a year, with a rotating series of 4 with one team every three years.

West Pod
        Denver (my school)
        CC (want to assure 4 games a year with them)
        NorDak (want to assure 4 games a year with them)

Central Pod
        Miami (Solid Program, on rise)
        Notre Dame (name recognition, solid program on rise)
        Nebraska-Omaha (Program on the rise)

Superior Pod
        Minnesota-Duluth (solid program)
        Northern Michigan (solid program)
        Michigan Tech (they bring the MacNaughton Cup, also massive history)

24 league games
        Rotating championship weekend between pods, Chicago, Denver/the Ralph, Bradley center? (don't know where superior pod would hold 4 team championship weekend)

8 team playoff
        last place team is eliminated from conference playoff

that should leave 10 games or so nonconference to be filled by the universities
        NorDak could play Minny and other Minny schools
        Denver and CC could still play a home and home w/ airforce along with minny and wisco
        Superior Pod and central pod would have enough games with other rivals as well.
        I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
          If I was the all powerful commissioner of the BHHC the following schools would get invited. Reasons will be given. Also organization will be addressed.
          ******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
            ******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
            touche
            well played sir
            there could easily be a minnesota pod instead of the superior pod including UMD St. Cloud and Mankato
            Last edited by DenverGoldJersey; 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM.
            I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

I don't read a "crap pod" in there? Who is going to supply the easy victories to everyone else?!?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Since there is simply no way the DU led BHHC lures all those haughty mid-majors with no real inducement besides geography. And the AFWHC offers tangible $$$ ... this is one way the realignment might look.

BHHC:
                DU
                Miami
                UNO
                Bemidji
                Mankato
                Notre Dame
                Lake St.
                Ferris
                Western Mich

AFWHC:
                UAA
                UAF
                UND
                CC
                SCSU
                UMD
                NMU
                MTU
                UAH

SCSU, UMD, MTU and CC all know the real value that the exemptions playing in Alaska gives them .. so they'll jump right aboard without too much sell. UND comes aboard because the league agrees to permanently host it's conference tournament at the Ralph. NMU is already a bit sorrowful they missed out on the WCHA Final Five revenue pie by not applying to it last year. The last best hope for extra cash is to hitch their wagon to the UAA/UAF led conference and bag those exemptions every year. The conference invites UAH in order to do the right thing for college hockey. Of course they accept ... who wouldn't want to be in the EXTRA HOME GAMES Hockey Conference?
                Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-12-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Whatever ends up happening, the phrase "UAA/UAF led conference" may be the funniest thing I've ever read on this message board.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    If we're left with the remaining lifeboats that means the Big Ten took the first ones. And we know who goes to the life boats first: women and children.
                    And the rich men who get into the lifeboats first...
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                    X