This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Smiths Falls Bears 2-0. Jacob Laliberté had an assist. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318640

Laliberté's line is now 16-16-13-29-6.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Youngstown Phantoms lost to the Fargo Force 5-2. Chris Bradley had no points or penalties. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341321

Bradley's line is now 7-1-0-1-0.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
        Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           16-16-13- 29-  6 10/24/10
        Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      14-13- 8- 21-  4 10/22/10
        Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    11- 1- 2-  3-  9 10/23/10
        Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  4- 1- 2-  3- 12 10/22/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)      7- 1- 0-  1-  0 10/23/10

Women
        Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        2- 1- 1-0-1.50-.923 10/30/10
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

New women's recruit

Code:
          Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           16-16-13- 29-  6 10/24/10
          Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      14-13- 8- 21-  4 10/22/10
          Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    11- 1- 2-  3-  9 10/23/10
          Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  4- 1- 2-  3- 12 10/22/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)      7- 1- 0-  1-  0 10/23/10

Women
          Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        2- 1- 1-0-1.50-.923 10/30/10
          Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           5- 7- 2-  9-  ? 10/29/10 missing 4 games and assist scoring in 4 of the 5 games.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It certainly appears we will be adding some offense up front next year-and a whole lot of size on defense. Laliberte and Neal will make a rather nice 1-2 punch and Curadi will definitely add a little 'punch' to the defense.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 10-22-2010, 11:47 AM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              It certainly appears we will be adding some offense up front next year-and a whole lot of size on defense. Laliberte and Neal will make a rather ice 1-2 punch and Curadi will definitely add a little 'punch' to the defense.
              If he adds that, hopefully we'll see him in more than 3 games a season, especially after how the USHL is treating him.

I wonder if Coach had Laliberté in mind as stepping in once Polacek is gone, and was possibly thinking that Pirri and D'Amigo would stick around for 2 years.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-22-2010, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I wonder if Coach had Laliberté in mind as stepping in once Polacek is gone, and was possibly thinking that Pirri and D'Amigo would stick around for 2 years.
                We'll probably never know.

BTW, good luck to JL on his ACT tomorrow. (I am too lazy to check, but think that he said it would be on October 23.)
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-22-2010, 07:29 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  If he adds that, hopefully we'll see him in more than 3 games a season, especially after how the USHL is treating him.
                  At the moment, we only have six dmen for next year. How much he plays will also depend on whom else we sign. It was only small snippets, but on that video that I linked earlier this week, it looked like his hockey sense was better than on the snippets that I saw from last season. (He looked great watching the fights from the penalty box. Thankfully, he didn't decide to leave. )
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You have to like Luke's size and passion, but with so few defensemen on the roster next year, we cannot afford to have him spend his ice time in the penalty box. He is going to have to control his aggressiveness if he is going to be an asset to this team.
                    At the Bentley game last week, we got two penalties for clearing out the front of the net. You used to be able to do that, but it seems that now you are going to get called. I don't have a problem with the calls, be we need to get used to it. The guys did a good job of keeping the opposition off York, and I will take two minutes anytime to keep my goalie safe.
                    As long as the PK continues, we will be able to provide that protection.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

RPI is making offers as we speak and will have 8/9 on the roster next year. They are in the hunt for kids in both BCHL and USHL. Between now and March, at least 3 will be added.

You might not mind those penalties but the coaches do. The goalies also dont want the shorthanded situation
                      Last edited by Hokydad; 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        RPI is making offers as we speak and will have 8/9 on the roster next year. They are in the hunt for kids in both BCHL and USHL. Between now and March, at least 3 will be added.

You might not mind those penalties but the coaches do. The goalies also dont want the shorthanded situation
                        I hope that you are right about the recruits. As for the penalties, I think the coaches and goalies will be happy with their defensemen clearing out the crease. See last years Harvard game.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

hits from behing, slashes and cross checks dont fall into the prtecting your goalie catagory.

I would imagine that Monty is taking him under his wing and teaching him the difference. You get killed in D 1 on the PP and RPI is no exception

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            You have to like Luke's size and passion, but with so few defensemen on the roster next year, we cannot afford to have him spend his ice time in the penalty box. He is going to have to control his aggressiveness if he is going to be an asset to this team.
                            At the Bentley game last week, we got two penalties for clearing out the front of the net. You used to be able to do that, but it seems that now you are going to get called. I don't have a problem with the calls, be we need to get used to it. The guys did a good job of keeping the opposition off York, and I will take two minutes anytime to keep my goalie safe.
                            As long as the PK continues, we will be able to provide that protection.
                            That is the point-with the reffing we get in the ECAC being so inconsistent-how does a defenseman know exactly what will be allowed or not? It seems to change from game to game and sometimes period to period. D men used to be able to slow their man down or stop him after the forward shot the puck in and went after it. Now sometimes it is interference, sometime it's not. I do not like when the officials call games by the reputation of the teams involved. Unfortunately it happens more often than not. Clearing out in front of the case is another perfect example-some teams get away with it, some do not. I suppose some one is going to chirp in that we should know these things-but it changes moment to moment. It has to be incredibly hard on defensive players to figure out in a split second whether they can do something-and remember all of this happens at warp speed.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Coaches have meetings with league and refs before season starts and they go over everything. No more confusing today than it has been in the past. the good ones figure it out, the other dont

Comment

Noticed some kids around 16-18 maybe older sitting in section 14 during the 1st and then section 10 during the third. Looked to have a team jacket on. Couldnt get a good look from section 9. Maybe someone from the other side could help out.
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X