• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The other thing interesting about the article is that Ryan Haggerty's father stated that SA said that Ryan would be a top-six forward next season. While I suspect that SA didn't guarantee it, it is a possibility that has overlooked in our thoughts about our lines for next season. He hasn't been doing much scoring this season although he describes himself as a finisher.
    Interesting read in that Haggerty mentioned the time and attention Seth (not just ACs) paid to him ...a year plus in making. Almost exactly the same words JDA used when he commented on why he chose RPI. We were in on him early, we stayed in touch, and the head coach showed his face. That's how its done folks.

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    Actually that is a very bad idea. Representatives of a school's athletic interests talking to recruits (except under specific circumstances) is a potential NCAA violation. You might say, "big deal, I'm not a school representative", but the NCAA defines such things very broadly. For example, if you've ever held season tickets you are considered to be a representative. Watching recruits is fine, but it's better not to speak with them.
    I have been thinking and saying this for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• rpi82
    replied

Originally posted by knsmith
    Love that we have USCHO posters putting on the full court press for recruits now. To be fair, our fanbase is one of our strongest assets.
    Actually that is a very bad idea. Representatives of a school's athletic interests talking to recruits (except under specific circumstances) is a potential NCAA violation. You might say, "big deal, I'm not a school representative", but the NCAA defines such things very broadly. For example, if you've ever held season tickets you are considered to be a representative. Watching recruits is fine, but it's better not to speak with them.

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

JL named CHL Player of the Month for November.

http://www.centraljuniorhockeyleague...ews/news_19615

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Was just checking out Heisenberg list and there has been some heavy activity the last couple of days. I am expecting a goalie as a Christmas gift for Ralph. I am still thinking that Monty's netminders might be in play. Just a feeling.
    I think John Keeney would make for a really nice Christmas gift.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Has anyone else heard anything about the Vinny Saponari situation? I know that there was talk that he is not going to BC after all.
    I can tell you with complete certainty that there's NO truth to the rumor that he's enrolled at B.C. High... But seriously, I think it would take an awful lot to happen before he ever left HE for ECAC.

Leave a comment:

• knsmith
    replied

The other thing interesting about the article is that Ryan Haggerty's father stated that SA said that Ryan would be a top-six forward next season. While I suspect that SA didn't guarantee it, it is a possibility that has overlooked in our thoughts about our lines for next season. He hasn't been doing much scoring this season although he describes himself as a finisher.
    I agree that he could be a very nice surprise. Heisenberg rates him pretty high and if anything it seems as if he might be underrated given that the indications are he's playing in a role that doesn't necessarily suit his strengths. Note that I am not saying that is a bad thing at all. I think that Haggerty can come in and do a lot of the kinds of things O'Grady has done early on in his career.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Other subject matter experts than me on this one but I don't the USDT puts a premimum on scoring.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I think the general patrons of HFH are also now starting to realize this. Granted it helps when you are undefeated at home and have a winning record in general, but it's a long term change, so people are starting to see the effects, and based upon the attendance numbers thus far, they like it.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Has anyone else heard anything about the Vinny Saponari situation? I know that there was talk that he is not going to BC after all.
    He's still on Heisenberg's list under BC.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Was just checking out Heisenberg list and there has been some heavy activity the last couple of days. I am expecting a goalie as a Christmas gift for Ralph. I am still thinking that Monty's netminders might be in play. Just a feeling.
    It's Hanukkah already.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    FYI, had about 5 green feedbacks today and yesterday, more than one said to ignore you, calling you a know it all blowhard. You do have anger issues and are a know it all but I could care less. You dont dictate what I do and visa versa
    You're a liar, even though I am a know it all blowhard. No one gives you green feedbacks, otherwise you'd be out of the red. I have no anger issues when you aren't around. Glad to hear you will be leaving.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    I will make it easy for you ralph..

Will not post here anymore as it is to toxic when I do

Happy Holidays to you
    To you also.

You know that I could have been referring to a question about a Union recruit (but I wasn't).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X