X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That would put the pressure on JL instead of the upperclassmen. Although it would be nice to see JL step right into Polacek's shoes, and eventually he should do that, I am not counting on it to start next season. I would be quite satisfied if he could duplicate Polacek's freshman year.

You raised an interesting, and probably valid, point, that JL getting a comparatively large percentage of his points at even strength is a plus.
    I believe his age will help I think a lot of times the transition issues are most evident w/true freshmen there is a big difference between an 18yr old and a 20yr old in maturity both mentally and especially physically....thats why Im so amazed @ Koudys poise and size..he is an exception to the rule By the time he's 20 he's going to be a monster player.I believe a Scott Stevens like player.Music to DrD's ears.
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Carleton Place Canadians 2-1. Jacob Laliberté assisted on both goals and had a cross checking penalty. He was named #3 star. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318733

Laliberté's line is now 31-25-32-57-12.
      Eight game winning streak for Cornwall with JL getting on the scoresheet in all of them. Part of 11 of the team's last 14 goals (all in wins, of course). Kid is a gamer.

Comment

I'll save Wicked the trouble. Cornwall game article with no mention of JL http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2873414. Cornwall is now tied for the best record in the CHL.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
          I believe his age will help I think a lot of times the transition issues are most evident w/true freshmen there is a big difference between an 18yr old and a 20yr old in maturity both mentally and especially physically....thats why Im so amazed @ Koudys poise and size..he is an exception to the rule By the time he's 20 he's going to be a monster player.I believe a Scott Stevens like player.Music to DrD's ears.
          Completely agree with everything you say. For what it's worth, JL will be 21 when he first practices under Coach Appert. I really think he has a chance to be a transcendental NCAA player, ala Martin St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
            Eight game winning streak for Cornwall with JL getting on the scoresheet in all of them. Part of 11 of the team's last 14 goals (all in wins, of course). Kid is a gamer.
            I'm trying not to get all giddy about JL.....Your not helping !!!
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Completely agree with everything you say. For what it's worth, JL will be 21 when he first practices under Coach Appert. I really think he has a chance to be a transcendental NCAA player, ala Martin St. Louis.
              Agree 1000%....perfect comparison

Comment

It's closing in on three years now.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I never heard that just having had season tickets made one a representative, not that it might not be correct. I thought that you had to at least be a booster club member to count.
                  Because I've had season tickets for a few UConn sports over the years they send me a copy of the compliance handbook each year. See the definition of a representative on page 2. I've also seen virtually identical language published by other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    Because I've had season tickets for a few UConn sports over the years they send me a copy of the compliance handbook each year. See the definition of a representative on page 2. I've also seen virtually identical language published by other schools.
                    That sounds pretty clear.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Carleton Place Canadians 2-1. Jacob Laliberté assisted on both goals and had a cross checking penalty. He was named #3 star. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318733

Laliberté's line is now 31-25-32-57-12.
                      Involved in 100% of the scoring-pretty consistent!
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

KN-I am glad others are getting on board about this kid. For 3 years now I have been anxious to get him to Troy. He has all the tools. I think his size may limit his pro potential (at least to start) but he will be an impact player at the NCAA level for sure. And i strongly agree that coming in at age 21 he should be unlike most freshmen. This is going to be exciting and a lot of fun!
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 12-03-2010, 11:23 AM.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I'll save Wicked the trouble. Cornwall game article with no mention of JL http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2873414. Cornwall is now tied for the best record in the CHL.
                          An article about both Wednesday's and Thursday's games http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2873740.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Maybe I can help. His numbers are incredible, but he has done nothing to improve his talents against better opponents. Staying in Cornwall proves nothing. It was a no win situation. Fortunately, his production has not fallen off. If it did, there would be no hope.
                            I too look forward to seeing him in Cherry and White and hope that he can bring his numbers to the ECAC.
                            But I will not get giddy until I see him against better opposition.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Maybe I can help. His numbers are incredible, but he has done nothing to improve his talents against better opponents. Staying in Cornwall proves nothing. It was a no win situation. Fortunately, his production has not fallen off. If it did, there would be no hope.
                              I too look forward to seeing him in Cherry and White and hope that he can bring his numbers to the ECAC.
                              But I will not get giddy until I see him against better opposition.
                              JL averaged 2.20 ppg last year and 1.84 ppg this year, so it has fallen off to this point.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JL averaged 2.20 ppg last year and 1.84 ppg this year, so it has fallen off to this point.
                                That didn't help.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X