X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
    We don't know the reasons that drove this decision. As alumni, we all know that the 'Tute is not for everyone, in fact it can be the absolute wrong school for some. All fields of study are rigorous and challenging, the School of Management requires calculus, very few other institutions have similar requirements. Back in the day, as a Biology major, I took differential equations, also unusual. I sincerely believe that there are NO easy majors at the 'Tute. So perhaps the Spinks just don't like math, or they want to major in something that isn't offered (think French). So they made their choice, I'm fine with that (not that it has anything to do with me). Let's be happy with and cheer on the gentlemen who are happy to lace 'em up for RPI, I certainly am. Just my $0.02
    Could not agree more. When I first applied to RPI back in the dark ages-my guidance counselor questioned my decision to attend-I remember him warning me that at RPI even phys ed was difficult. It is not the right school for everyone-but for those who choose not to come to Troy-too bad for them. They are missing out on a wonderful education and an incredible experience. (And now a hockey program that is really building with a top notch coach)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If the newspapers reported every person SA talked to on recruiting trips we would be on RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt XXVII.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
        We don't know the reasons that drove this decision. As alumni, we all know that the 'Tute is not for everyone, in fact it can be the absolute wrong school for some. All fields of study are rigorous and challenging, the School of Management requires calculus, very few other institutions have similar requirements. Back in the day, as a Biology major, I took differential equations, also unusual. I sincerely believe that there are NO easy majors at the 'Tute. So perhaps the Spinks just don't like math, or they want to major in something that isn't offered (think French). So they made their choice, I'm fine with that (not that it has anything to do with me). Let's be happy with and cheer on the gentlemen who are happy to lace 'em up for RPI, I certainly am. Just my $0.02
        I am under the impression that there now is a special version of the calculus course for management majors. Also they only have to take one semester of calc, not the entire sequence.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I am under the impression that there now is a special version of the calculus course for management majors. Also they only have to take one semester of calc, not the entire sequence.
          Do they still have to take the swimming test?
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Do they still have to take the swimming test?
            I'd still be there if that were around.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I'd still be there if that were around.
              I almost had that fate. IIRC, it took me four semesters before I passed the test.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I almost had that fate. IIRC, it took me four semesters before I passed the test.
                Ouch. I believe the requirement was dumped in 1995, at least according to what I saw after googling it.

Comment

Colts (24-5) move up to #6 nationally.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2867826
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Colts (24-5) move up to #6 nationally.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2867826
                    I won the bet with myself that you would post that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18
                      If in fact we are looking at dmen in USHL a couple names I wouldnt mind seeing pop up are:
                      Barrett Kaib- Hard hitting dman from the Under-18 team, also a teammate with Haggerty.
                      I guess I can cross Kaib of my list of potential recruits, he's heading to PC. Union was also in the mix along with Mich Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                        I forgot to mention this after the tournament - does Justin Smith have a younger brother who looks just like him? Just prior to the 2nd intermission, the players not dressed walked by us on their way to the tunnel. Included with them was a kid in jeans who looked just like a younger Justin from about 25 feet away. Possible recruit, or maybe just family in town?
                        ...no, it wasn't Smith's brother. I'm not familiar w/ncaa guidelines for recruiting so I won't mention his name. I'll leave it to several veteran posters, who have knowledge of such to post it....you know who you are
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Hint drop: He's playing tomorrow at Albany Academy.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            He does look a bit like Smith.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              He does look a bit like Smith.
                              you guys are bad
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                you guys are bad
                                It probably shouldn't be posted unless something can be found on the net.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X