Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

    Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Awesome!! BCHL website is saying RPI has received a commitment from Mike Zalewski a 6'3" 205lb forward playing for Vernon. His older brother played for Clarkson a few years ago.

    http://bchl.bc.ca/leagues/commitment...&leagueid=2393
    Great catch RH...this one is real...he's committed for -12-'13. Vernon website has it too! http://www.vipers.bc.ca/news.php?article=948

    Nice ! I've been tracking him since he playing in NY H.S.he was drafted in the USHL, but chose the BCHL this fall. He was ranked as high as #150 by the CSB.
    Current line in Vernon is: 23-6-9-15
    46-16-32-48 for Syracuse (EJHL) last year.

    His brother Steve was indeed an excellent player for Clarkson -- nows plays for Worcester (AHL).
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-10-2010, 06:12 PM.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

      Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Awesome!! BCHL website is saying RPI has received a commitment from Mike Zalewski a 6'3" 205lb forward playing for Vernon. His older brother played for Clarkson a few years ago.

      http://bchl.bc.ca/leagues/commitment...&leagueid=2393
      Oh man!!The HFH will soon become the Valley of the Giants. I am loving this and have been waiting for years. This team is getting bigger and better all the time.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

      Comment


      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

        Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Found this interesting, how about landing a player that even the BRO could look up at

        http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...1792426/page1/

        He's listed at 6'9" and over 7 feet tall on skates and still growing as he just turned 18 a couple months ago... thats insane!
        Anyone know how tall Steve McKenna was when he played at Merrimack? I always thought he was at least 6'9" also-Jenny who is 4'10" came up to his belt buckle when we hoisted a few at the bar at the old Best Western in Troy.(I think it was early 90's)
        Last edited by DrDemento; 11-10-2010, 07:45 PM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

          On Wednesday, the USNTDP U-18 team lost to Sweden 3-1 in an exhibiition game prior to the U18 Four Nations Cup. Ryan Haggerty had no points or penalties. http://www.usahockey.com//Template_U...2_01&ID=294924

          Haggerty's line is now 15-2-3-5-11. (I didn't count the game because it is an exhibition. I'll change it later if team USA includes it.)
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-11-2010, 12:55 AM.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

            Code:
            2011
            Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           23-19-21- 40-  8 11/11/10
            Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      21-16-14- 30-  6 11/11/10
            Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         20-10- 8- 18- 24 11/12/10
            Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 10- 1- 6-  7- 33 11/13/10
            Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    15- 2- 3-  5- 11 11/12/10 (4 Nations Cup)
            
            2012
            Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           23- 6- 9- 15- 18 11/12/10
            Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     13- 1- 0-  1-  0 11/13/10
            
            
            Women
            Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        4- 2- 2-0-2.25-.875 11/11/10
            Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 11/17/10 a lot of missing information
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-11-2010, 12:37 AM.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

              Zalewski's BCHL page http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=688419.
              His Vernon page http://www.vipers.bc.ca/team.php?Jer...ason=2010-2011.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Awesome!! BCHL website is saying RPI has received a commitment from Mike Zalewski a 6'3" 205lb forward playing for Vernon. His older brother played for Clarkson a few years ago.

                http://bchl.bc.ca/leagues/commitment...&leagueid=2393
                He also has another brother (Rich) who was a National Champion at Oswego State (D-III).

                Suffice it to say, he's already my favorite new Engineer.
                Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 11-11-2010, 02:26 AM.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                  6'3' 205...music to the good doctors ears...starting to look more and more like a WCHA or CCHA team w/every recruit
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                    This team is going to be big, mean and talented. Lots of fun to watch and easy to root for...Welcome Mike!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                      Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      He also has another brother (Rich) who was a National Champion at Oswego State (D-III).

                      Suffice it to say, he's already my favorite new Engineer.
                      He's the son of a coach, so I like him already. I have followed him for a few years now, and have had several conversations with a CCT buddy about him and why they hadn't inked him yet...I never thought anyone but CCT from ECAC would land him.

                      I like this excerpt from the Sallows interview: "...His older brother Steven is a slick centre that plays for the San Jose Sharks affiliate in Worcester, and the two mirror each other with their offensive ability, good work ethic, and strong two-way play."

                      Steve was routinely the best player on the ice for Clarkson when I saw them play....even though they had other "known" kids.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        On Wednesday, the Cornwall Colts lost to the Hawkesbury Hawks 2-1. Jacob Laliberté had no points or penalties. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318668

                        Laliberté's line is now 23-19-21-40-8.
                        S-F writeup. http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2840619

                        "...Cornwall captain Jacob Laliberte, with his four points against the Grads, moved into fifth-place all-time among CHL point-getters, with 340 for his career. Laliberte surpassed former Gloucester Rangers forward Jordan Shields (337), and now he'll set his sights on former Kanata Valley Lasers player Mark O'Donnell, who had 365 career points and is fourth. Laliberte also is fifth in goals, with 168 for his career . . ."
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Code:
                          2011
                          Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           23-19-21- 40-  8 11/11/10
                          Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      21-16-14- 30-  6 11/11/10
                          Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         20-10- 8- 18- 24 11/12/10
                          Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 10- 1- 6-  7- 33 11/13/10
                          Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    15- 2- 3-  5- 11 11/12/10 (4 Nations Cup)
                          
                          2012
                          Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           23- 6- 9- 15- 18 11/12/10
                          Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     13- 1- 0-  1-  0 11/13/10
                          
                          
                          Women
                          Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        4- 2- 2-0-2.25-.875 11/11/10
                          Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 11/17/10 a lot of missing information
                          I have been reading these recruit threads for years, and appreciate all the work that Ralph puts into them.
                          But I have a question, I do not know very much about the leagues that our recruits come from.
                          Can anyone classify them as to talent and competition? Which are the better leagues and which are the others?
                          I am sorry if this has been discussed here before, but if it was, I missed it.
                          Thanks.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                            Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I have been reading these recruit threads for years, and appreciate all the work that Ralph puts into them.
                            But I have a question, I do not know very much about the leagues that our recruits come from.
                            Can anyone classify them as to talent and competition? Which are the better leagues and which are the others?
                            I am sorry if this has been discussed here before, but if it was, I missed it.
                            Thanks.
                            There is general consensus that the USHL is the best league that the NCAA is allowed to recruit from. Behind that are the two far western Canadian leagues, the BCHL and the AJHL. Past that, there is a lot of disagreement. Historically, the OJHL would be next, but it has gotten quite watered down. I think that the CHL is now at least comparable. Count how may players of each league made the WJAC on a per-team basis. After that I would put the NAHL now which has probably passed the EJHL and the SJHL (Sask.) and MJHL (Manitoba). The AtlJHL is probably below those. Those are probably the only junior leagues that produce a significant number of recruits currently directly to colleges.

                            IMO, the USNTDP should be considered as an entity to itself, in a different plane.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              There is general consensus that the USHL is the best league that the NCAA is allowed to recruit from. Behind that are the two far western Canadian leagues, the BCHL and the AJHL. Past that, there is a lot of disagreement. Historically, the OJHL would be next, but it has gotten quite watered down. I think that the CHL is now at least comparable. Count how may players of each league made the WJAC on a per-team basis. After that I would put the NAHL now which has probably passed the EJHL and the SJHL (Sask.) and MJHL (Manitoba). The AtlJHL is probably below those. Those are probably the only junior leagues that produce a significant number of recruits currently directly to colleges.

                              IMO, the USNTDP should be considered as an entity to itself, in a different plane.
                              Thanks Ralph, I will start to pay closer attention to the RPI recruit list in the future with an eye towards the leagues that the players come from.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

                                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                There is general consensus that the USHL is the best league that the NCAA is allowed to recruit from. Behind that are the two far western Canadian leagues, the BCHL and the AJHL. Past that, there is a lot of disagreement. Historically, the OJHL would be next, but it has gotten quite watered down. I think that the CHL is now at least comparable. Count how may players of each league made the WJAC on a per-team basis. After that I would put the NAHL now which has probably passed the EJHL and the SJHL (Sask.) and MJHL (Manitoba). The AtlJHL is probably below those. Those are probably the only junior leagues that produce a significant number of recruits currently directly to colleges.

                                IMO, the USNTDP should be considered as an entity to itself, in a different plane.
                                I totally agree w/RB's assessment especially concerning the USNTDP
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X