X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           20-17-18- 35-  6 11/05/10
    Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      20-16-12- 28-  6 11/07/10
    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  8- 1- 5-  6- 33 11/05/10
    Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    14- 1- 3-  4-  9 11/06/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     10- 1- 0-  1-  0 11/05/10

Women
    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        3- 1- 2-0-2.67-.857 11/06/10
    Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           6- 8- 2- 10-  ? 11/07/10 a lot of missing information
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Code:
      Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           20-17-18- 35-  6 11/05/10
      Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      20-16-12- 28-  6 11/07/10
      Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)  8- 1- 5-  6- 33 11/05/10
      Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    14- 1- 3-  4-  9 11/06/10

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     10- 1- 0-  1-  0 11/05/10

Women
      Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        3- 1- 2-0-2.67-.857 11/06/10
      Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           6- 8- 2- 10-  ? 11/07/10 a lot of missing information

Just realized -Luke's assist percentage per game .625 is now higher than that of Matt Neal at .600. Just thought I would throw in a little math
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Just realized -Luke's assist percentage per game .625 is now higher than that of Matt Neal at .600. Just thought I would throw in a little math
        I don't see that as surprising at all. Defenseman one-times, and the forward gets a tip or a rebound. Meanwhile the forward is up there working hard for the garbage goals but doesn't necessarily get that nice shot from the slot or the faceoff circle. Makes sense to me that Curadi should have a high assist percentage, and that the forward should have a large number of goals. I know they're on different teams, but at least Monty wants to use all 5 players in his strategy and not just use the defensemen as backstops.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Do I look like Heisenberg?
          You don't look like Werner Heisenberg, but I have no idea what Chris looks like.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            The Green Mt. Glades continue to struggle with"uninspired play" going 0-1-1 vs. Apple Core this past weekend, including a 9-2 loss.
            RPI prospect/target goalie Dalton Izyk went 14/18 in 25 mins. in the loss. He bounced back to go 25/27 in the 2-2 tie.

His line (Ralph will verify :-) ) is now 3-5-2, 1 SO, 3.10 GAA and .911 sv%.

http://vtglades.com/news2.php?news_id=325709
            http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5790
            They fixed the calculation of GAA. (How did I miss all of these posts yesterday?)
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You don't look like Werner Heisenberg, but I have no idea what Chris looks like.
              I thought WS spoke with certainty.

Comment

TVCogeco highlights from the Colts/73's game last night, you can see JL's assist at 13 secs and his shootout attempt at 1:17.

http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...1-73s-vs-colts

Comment

I wasnt going to post this link because its not related to a RPI recruit but since theres some speculation going around about other players here it is. CJHL Snapshots did a feature on another uncommitted Colt thats participating in the WJAC, Kyle Baun.

http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...cjhl-snapshots

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I don't see that as surprising at all. Defenseman one-times, and the forward gets a tip or a rebound. Meanwhile the forward is up there working hard for the garbage goals but doesn't necessarily get that nice shot from the slot or the faceoff circle. Makes sense to me that Curadi should have a high assist percentage, and that the forward should have a large number of goals. I know they're on different teams, but at least Monty wants to use all 5 players in his strategy and not just use the defensemen as backstops.
                    FD-looking at their previous stats-are you not a little surprised? I don't think many on this board had thought that Luke would be scoring assists at this pace so far. He may well turn out to be our secret offensive weapon.

Comment

FD-looking at their previous stats-are you not a little surprised? I don't think many on this board had thought that Luke would be scoring assists at this pace so far. He may well turn out to be our secret offensive weapon.
                      IIRC, three of his assists were awarded after games when he threatened the official scorekeeper.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        I wasnt going to post this link because its not related to a RPI recruit but since theres some speculation going around about other players here it is. CJHL Snapshots did a feature on another uncommitted Colt thats participating in the WJAC, Kyle Baun.

http://www.tvcogeco.com/cornwall/gal...cjhl-snapshots
                        Interesting... he mentioned the D1 interest generated in Cornwall as an attraction...as well as having talked to a couple of D1 teams, and his interest in Economics. I'm guessing his math skills wouldn't be a problem at the 'tute. Here's hoping Seth is in the hunt.

Cornwall's Mac Innis: "..."He's a good-size guy... a really good shooter, and he can be hard on the other (team's) back-end...He can find a spot on any line," he said, including the coveted right side of the anticipated first line with captain Jacob Laliberte and Mitch Zion...."possesses a powerful stride that matches speed with almost anyone on the ice...."He will bring the physicality we need for (the first line)..."

FWIW - Baun has Doc D. size -- '92, 6'1 202. He attended London's (OHL) camp this fall. His Cornwall line to date is: 19-8-10-18.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

IIRC, three of his assists were awarded after games when he threatened the official scorekeeper.
                          Not to mention stealing candy from babies and threatening opposing teams' grandmothers....
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not surprised at all. I'd be surprised if he didn't, as you say, "Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor." I expected Monty and his assistants to teach him the best ways to throw the puck to the net so that, even if it doesn't go in off the one-timer, a rebound comes out, or the forward in front is able to tip it in. This is exactly why he's playing a year in the USHL rather than coming to RPI right away. With those skills, once he gets to RPI, good luck to the opposition, they'll need it.

Comment

Not surprised at all. I'd be surprised if he didn't, as you say, "Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor." I expected Monty and his assistants to teach him the best ways to throw the puck to the net so that, even if it doesn't go in off the one-timer, a rebound comes out, or the forward in front is able to tip it in. This is exactly why he's playing a year in the USHL rather than coming to RPI right away. With those skills, once he gets to RPI, good luck to the opposition, they'll need it.
                              I agree with all of this. Folks - detractors especially - seem to forget that the BRO is young in hockey years, not having committed full-time to hockey until mid high school IIRC (Babo can clarify.)..and playing CT high school for 2-3 seasons before heading to the AJHL. I for one am not surprised that he is putting up some offensive points. I'm too lazy to go back and find it, but when he signed in DBQ, I distinctly recall Monty commenting on his ability to let it rip from the point...the kid has a cannon. I also recall Harbison in Penticton mentioning that they were going to concentrate on refining the defensive part of his game as that is a lot harder to master than the offense. Simply stated, he is learning the nuances of the toughest skating position (IMO) on the ice.

Comment

He is definitely my type of player. In fact he could be the prototype. I always liked them big and tough and if they can also score-well as you said everyone will have to watch out. Looks like there will be a lot of fun in Troy for the next few years!!

Comment

Working...
                                X